Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

New floor in shop

Had been working on quarry tile and race deck for quite a few years. Got tired of pulling up the race deck to clean every 6 months and the tile was just getting hard to work on daily. Didn’t really want to or want to pay someone to rip up the tile for something else and rubber mat just didn’t seem to work for me. Came across this product called Rubaroc. Ground up rubber, not recycled, that is mixed with resin, and can be placed over almost anything. The company came Wednesday and ground the tile for better adherence. They came today and installed the Rubaroc in our color choice of black with grey mixed in. It goes on a quarter inch thick after an adhesion promoter is rolled on. A 10 year warranty on the product and 1 Year on labor. If we should damage a spot, they com and cut out that section and re apply. I’m really happy with the results! Saturday we can replace the trim, clean and put the shop back together. Thank you for looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks bigltc, Jaddie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New floor in shop

Maybe that will help with the back problems. Is that stuff oil and chemical resistant?

Post Thanks / Like

Sure is, gave me a sample, put everything I got on it and never phased it! Scrub it with car wash or pressure wash it and a squeegee is all you need.

Post Thanks / Like

So is that smooth? Since you say you can squeegee it? Can they apply it over spalled concrete?

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool. I too was thinking that it might have some give and be more forgiving on the feet and back!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

It’s ideal for damaged concrete, they use it on a ton of pool decks that are cracked and no need to remove the concrete. Also concrete front steps that are damaged. They even put it over bad wood decks!
    Likes MattPersman liked this post
    Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea and looks good in your shop ! Hope it lives up to your expectations over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Mike that looks awesome. Does the water sit on top or drain through. Looks great and I bet kneeling on it will be better than tile

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! It is impervious to all fluids.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks real good !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting read. I wonder how fluid resistent it is.
    I know of one BMW dealership that has something similar and my buddys shop, with this wearing/worn out epoxy floor, has been considering something like this as well.
    Heh, you know how shops are. They will just crack open the drain plug , etc and let the shop floor cleaner do it`s thang...

Post Thanks / Like

That is very cool. My sister`s got something similar in their garage. I lust after it every time I see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike:
    I was not sure of the color choice, until I saw your dark grey walls. Seems that there has been some "outside-the-box" thinking on having white (or light)-colored walls for viewing/inspecting imperfections (swirls, scratches, micro-marring) during the evaluation and correction processes of detailing and that darker colors SEEM to lend themselves "better" than said light colors for this purpose, especially now with new LED lighting with its brightness (AKA lumens) and color temperature (AKA, sunlight to incandescent lighting "hues " or "tint").
    My other concern is that the "softness" of the rubber flooring may not lend itself to wheeled/castered detailing equipment, like carts, wheeled stools/chairs, tool boxes, floor jacks, or creepers. Not sure if you use any of these, but the rolling chair is one I would use. I saw one that Sizzle Chest has in one of his photos of vehicles he has detailed, and it looks like it has six or eight casters on it with a tray under it. Looked pretty "exotic".
    Like others have pointed out, I hope this newer flooring is easier on your back, which I assume, is your MAIN reason why you went with it. I am not sure what you mean by "race deck" and having to clean it. I hope that you post pictures of the side wall trim/coving that is used with this flooring, since I assume you wash vehicles INSIDE the garage during sub-freezing Maryland temps. I also did not see a floor drain anywhere and you did mention that you could "squeege" water from this floor. Here in the city of Green Bay, municipal ordinances do not allow floor drains in residential garages due to oil and automotive fluids getting into the waste water because no home-owner will take on the expense of adding a serviceable oil trap, which is DUMB because they do anyway from driveways and roads when it rains! (Yes, there are home-owner idiots who pour their vehicle drain oils down sewer drains in the middle of the night rather than using the waste-oil drop-off sites at the city garages.)
    GB detailer
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    My other concern is that the "softness" of the rubber flooring may not lend itself to wheeled/castered detailing equipment, like carts, wheeled stools/chairs, tool boxes, floor jacks, or creepers. Not sure if you use any of these, but the rolling chair is one I would use.
    That was my exact concern as soon as I read "rubber". Interested to hear the results!
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    That was my exact concern as soon as I read "rubber". Interested to hear the results!

Same thing I was wondering.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information