Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

my bottle/sprayer selection

finally done with picking bottle/sprayer combos and labels. i used some other sprayers for a while but had issues with them leaking after a few days.

the black sprayers are from various companies. i found the comfort and ergonomics to be the most important when trying different sprayers. these fit easily in the webbing of your palm. adams has used them, meguiars too. even found a version that is a foamer which works good with bug and tar chemical.

the 16oz bottles are from nanolex. they are short and wide, which is excellent balance when placed on a table or ground. the taller bottles like adams seem to be easily toppled over. the 32oz bottles are from carpro. not overly tall like meguiars. good base also so they don`t tip over either. the PET bottles haven`t cracked or leak with any of the chemicals im using.

most of the meguiars bottles are equipped with standard grey tolco sprayer. i found a foamer opus sprayer for the megs non acid cleaner. and decided to use white tolco on the express wax bottle because the 2 black bottles are nearly identical looking.

my hand pump sprayers are from IK sprayers. love them but the labels didn`t lay flat on the bottle is the only downside.

next up are labeling my bulk products. i think my containers are different from the guy making the custom labels so i`ll have to figure something out.

Thanks nickclark08, trashmanssd, mikejames, Jaddie, cf2121 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: my bottle/sprayer selection

Very nice setup, and I love the 2.5 g dispensing carboys!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander
    Likes Marc08EX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Tolco sprayers are my favorite. Very consistent and durable. Sometimes feel a little odd because the trigger is so far away.

I love clear bottles, but had a couple of recent failures from the clear 32oz bottles from ACC. Granted it is after about 5 years of use, still sucks. Loved how short and wide they are. Hard to tip over and fit on just about any shelf.

I am not a huge fan of large bottles. They are to bulky and heavy once filled. I did find some 17oz bottles from US Plastics that I want to try. They are a wider bottle and slim neck. Very similar to the 16oz GG bottles.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Very nice setup, and I love the 2.5 g dispensing carboys!
    i think i got the idea from you?! i take a lot of my ideas from you actually lol... some guy on a facebook group is making custom labels for the other style carboys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u56K1MKxjlQ

thats what they look like.
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post
    Thanks ShakingHorizons thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    The Tolco sprayers are my favorite. Very consistent and durable. Sometimes feel a little odd because the trigger is so far away.

I love clear bottles, but had a couple of recent failures from the clear 32oz bottles from ACC. Granted it is after about 5 years of use, still sucks. Loved how short and wide they are. Hard to tip over and fit on just about any shelf.

I am not a huge fan of large bottles. They are to bulky and heavy once filled. I did find some 17oz bottles from US Plastics that I want to try. They are a wider bottle and slim neck. Very similar to the 16oz GG bottles.

the tolcos are okay. the little lip on the back of the sprayer helps but the side grips/fatness of the sprayer isn`t there.

i`m not a fan of my 32oz bottles either but those liquids i use quite a bit so i don`t mind. i think the 22oz bottles are the sweet spot but i couldn`t find any that had a nice design. i think griot makes one but kind of strange looking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post

the tolcos are okay. the little lip on the back of the sprayer helps but the side grips/fatness of the sprayer isn`t there.

i`m not a fan of my 32oz bottles either but those liquids i use quite a bit so i don`t mind. i think the 22oz bottles are the sweet spot but i couldn`t find any that had a nice design. i think griot makes one but kind of strange looking
    The odd shaped bottle is the one I was referring to. Looks like it`s 22oz. U.S. Plastic Corp.

I would like to try the GG`s. A guy in the OG group ordered a bunch of empty bottles from GG.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some pretty sweet labels that guy made. Lots of great ideas floating around the forum. Not sure I was the first with those carboys, but I did scarf some up a year or so ago. Great for bulk dispensing!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite sprayer and bottle combo is from 303. Unfortunately they have some kind of locking system that makes it difficult to reuse the bottle and sprayer. The sprayer will put out a fine mist and doesn`t leak and the bottle has a finger grip that makes it very comfortable. It`s also a big pia to remove the label from the bottle. They must use Gorilla Glue to put the #!@% label on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    i think i got the idea from you?! i take a lot of my ideas from you actually lol... some guy on a facebook group is making custom labels for the other style carboys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u56K1MKxjlQ

thats what they look like.
    He`s also on /r/AutoDetailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you get those towel holder type bars that you hang your bottles from?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Man I just had an aphifany, 2.5 gallon carboys with ready to use dilutions of waterless wash and apc full strength and 1:10 and 1:4. I must be a moron that never hit me before. Always thought about carboys but always thought what product do I have that i have 2 plus gallons of.
    Likes kevincwelch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    Ikea has bars like that in thier kitchen storage section.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    ikea! best place for organizing your garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Oh Man I just had an aphifany, 2.5 gallon carboys with ready to use dilutions of waterless wash and apc full strength and 1:10 and 1:4. I must be a moron that never hit me before. Always thought about carboys but always thought what product do I have that i have 2 plus gallons of.
    i mix onr/apc/bug squash/meguiars non acidic cleaner in mine. quick refills without worrying about dilution ratios for a while
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post

That`s what I do.

The D114 is the rinseless wash ratio for quick presoak of the vehicle. Same for BF/UWW - all ready to go for a quick spray and waterless wash. Uber is at the QD ratio for presoaking.

I`m going to fill one more with ECH2O at the 1:12 ratio.

I use a lot of APC around the cars and house, so I have another with Meguiars D103 mixed up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information