Post Thanks / Like

Garage Wall Door Guard

Anyone have a door guard on their garage wall to prevent the door from opening into the wall?

I`m looking for something and need a recommendation. I`d prefer something like a soft rubber but most of the ones I have seen are hard plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garage Wall Door Guard

If I remember AG did have something like that

Take a quick look at there store site
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Garage Wall Door Guard

I use a pool noodle cut in half...only .99 each. And you can use double sided tape to install or just screw it to the studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Bunky, Angus, Ronkh, The Driver, Jaddie and 1 others liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus, Jaddie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dontlikemyname View Post
    I use a pool noodle cut in half...only .99 each. And you can use double sided tape to install or just screw it to the studs.

With my luck I`d open it right onto the screw....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    With my luck I`d open it right onto the screw....
    Use velcro or something like that then...

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, me too....that`s why I used double sided tape, but I`d probably use liquid nail next time. This was just a random picture from Pinterest.

Post Thanks / Like

I used plumbing pipe insulation (same as the pool noodles), mounted them onto 1x2 wood strips, using zip-ties, then screwed the wood, to the wall. No problem with door damage, now.............

Post Thanks / Like

http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

GTA-ish (North of Toronto but close enough to see the smog)
    Post Thanks / Like

My car always sits in the same spot in the garage so the door is always in the same spot.
    Got s couple of Gel wrist rests for keyboards from the discount place and screwed them to the wall where the edge of the door would hit
    M

Post Thanks / Like

I feel extremely lucky on this one. If my vehicles are centered in any of the bays I have at least 4 feet between an open door and a wall. I actually changed floor plans when I built this in order to insure that I didn`t run into issues somewhere down the road.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes tropicsteve, Arrow liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like so many garages built these days are built just to the minimum standards. So with most "2 car" garages you better not plan on putting 2 cars in there or else you may have to climb in and out of the windows since there`s not much room for doors to open. This is especially true if you have 2 coupes in the garage!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    I feel like so many garages built these days are built just to the minimum standards. So with most "2 car" garages you better not plan on putting 2 cars in there or else you may have to climb in and out of the windows since there`s not much room for doors to open. This is especially true if you have 2 coupes in the garage!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
    Yep, and especially if you have young kids getting in and out is a pain. Its actually the main reason my wife traded in her Pathfinder for a minivan. Sliding doors are soooo much easier. We practically had to pull out of the garage before to load everyone. Not great in Ohio 4-5 months out of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Something else you can use is garage door threshold. Call your local garage door company and see if they have any scraps laying around. Never know, might get lucky.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

The pool noodle is a great idea which I have used my self in a pinch (used string for a quick solution in that scenario). In my current situation I have a work bench on my wife`s side where I have added foam (cut from the end cap used to ship a laptop) on the corner to protect from any accidental contact. She would contact the foam before contacting the wall so I didn`t need to add padding there. I usually save foam pieces that I feel might come in handy for such things in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    Yep, and especially if you have young kids getting in and out is a pain. Its actually the main reason my wife traded in her Pathfinder for a minivan. Sliding doors are soooo much easier. We practically had to pull out of the garage before to load everyone. Not great in Ohio 4-5 months out of the year.
    This is the issue I have in our garage (contact with my car which is on my wife`s passenger side). There is ample room between our two cars but she has still managed to leave a couple small dings in my car from opening the rear door too wide to get our son out of the car. After the last PDR visit I bought two pairs of these:

Magnetic Car Door Protection, Car Door Protectors, Car Door Guards, Prevent Car Door Dings and Dents

I use them in the garage but also when parking in a lot with other vehicles. You just need to be careful when installing and removing so you don`t cause any marring. The 3 pads (contact points) on each bar are soft silicone-like rubber held on by relatively strong magnets within.
    2010 Challenger R/T
    2020 Forester
    1986 4Runner
    1969 Charger SE

Thread Information