Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garage Sound System

I have an older Denon Receiver/2 speakers and sub. Had it for years. It pounds hard, will rattle stuff off the walls at the adjoining shop(good thong my buddy rents that space). Its hooked up to a 60" smart tv for streaming music

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Attachment 37758

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, I never chimed in on this thread!

I had a guess-it`s-OK system installed when building the Shop, only to find that I no longer want to hear anything when I`m out there doing work. Haven`t turned it on since forever...total waste of $ When I`m out there, I`m *working* and I don`t want any distractions.

joshpas99probs- Welcome to Autopia! Hope you get all those 99 probs squared away, maybe we can help with any that`re Detailing-related
    Thanks joshhas99probs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Gee, I never chimed in on this thread!

I had a guess-it`s-OK system installed when building the Shop, only to find that I no longer want to hear anything when I`m out there doing work. Haven`t turned it on since forever...total waste of $ When I`m out there, I`m *working* and I don`t want any distractions.

joshpas99probs- Welcome to Autopia! Hope you get all those 99 probs squared away, maybe we can help with any that`re Detailing-related
    Thank you sir! I`m a lurker for sure haha been creepin around here a year or so

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t believe I missed this thread either!

I have a older (non-digital) Onkyo receiver, 3 cheap Sony home theater speakers (2 at the back of the garage, facing the driveway) and one `center channel` on the receiver (it is mounted on a shelf about 7` high), and a decent subwoofer. The best investment was adding an inexpensive Bluetooth `receiver` to the CD input. Now I can stream thru this system or just play the few radio stations I listen to.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so I`ll hi-jack this thread (as usual, Captain Obvious!) and ask WHAT do you listen to?
    I assume many of you are using either a playlist of mp3.`s you made up or a free music streaming service, like Spotify or Deezer, for you listening pleasure while you detail.

I will give a shout-out to a local listener-supported radio station, 91.1 WOVM "The Avenue" out of Appleton, WI. They play a very eclectic and varied music program across many music genres with few "ads" for their business and corporate sponsors, as well as public service announcements for some of the non-profits in the area who do not have advertising budgets. You can listen to them on the internet. It`s what I listen to a lot because they have more music than "ads" or announcements. One of the DJ`s is Steve March-Torme, son of 1950`s jazz skee-bot singer Mel Torme , who brings his musical knowledge, wit, and experiences to the songs played, making for interesting listening as well.
    GB detailer
    Likes mc2hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m like Mc2hill I do the Bluetooth through the cd input on my 1987 technics system
    Lynyrd Skynyrd radio on Pandora
    they play stuff I like
    eagles
    bob seger
    some old country
    some new country
    southern rock bands obviously
    good music from the 70’s and 80’s
    each to his own

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday mornings it is our local public radio station WUCF, otherwise podcasts (fan of Spikes Car Radio), or 80`s/90`s music + plus some classic rock.

Post Thanks / Like

I look at some of the systems on here (especially the ceiling speakers, nice!!) and think I`m fairly primative... lol. I have a Milwaukee job site radio. I can, and do, put AA batteries in it so if the power goes out I can keep the clock and radio settings.... yea, so there`s that.

Is usually set on 101.5 the Fox out of St. Lawrence County NY and Eastern Ontario. Great station.

Post Thanks / Like

I was using a JBL Clip speaker but the bluetooth would cut in and out if I had my phone on me. So I switched to a Google Nest Audio to allow for streaming via wifi. Still need to find a permanent home for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use an echo dot. I like that it can do math and call people as well as intercom with the house.

Post Thanks / Like

JBL is the best option, I`m also using the wireless device in the garage but I want to move on a wired speaker because sometimes I spent a lot of time in the garage. wireless speaker needs to plugin and plug-out for charging.

Post Thanks / Like

Edifier 1280t powered speakers. Best $100 speakers ever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information