Post Thanks / Like

REALLY helped clean the Garage Floor

4 years ago I had my garage floor coated. For anyone interested, here was that thread:

Rich`s Garage Makeover

On another note, due to Mike`s recommendation and great results he was getting using Malco Brake Off, I bought some and did a review. Here is that review:

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly: Malco Brake Off Review

(I have no idea why some the pics have disappeared from Photobucket...sorry for that).

Anyway, what does the one have to do with the other? Well, my cleaning regimen for the garage floor has been to:

1) Rinse with Power Washer
    2) Spray with LATA
    3) Scrub (HARD) with a very stiff long-handled scrub brush
    4) Rinse again
    5) Squeegee and mop dry

Doing it that way leaves me exhausted and in a sweaty heap (I`m so sorry to put that mental image of me in your head right now...forgive me, will you??)

Last night I needed to clean the garage floor again. The 90 degree temps we were getting here dropped down to a merciful low 80`s. It was just as dirty as ever. I snapped a few shots:

I was going to start my usual scrub/sweat routine when a thought occurred to me...why not try some wheel acid on this nasty floor? Indeed, why not. Being the quintessential geek, I then thought I`d split the floor in 2 and try my Car Brite wheel acid on one side (only cut 2:1) and Malco Brake Off on the other side. I sprayed each side on the wet and rinsed floor and let it dwell. The acid side was done first and the alkaline side (MBO) was done 2nd. There was some noxious fumes coming off the floor from spraying it I noticed... so I made damn sure I had a cigar going, LOL. I did not agitate the floor whatsoever. I wanted to see what these bad boys would do on their own.

My findings? The wheel acid was pretty much useless. Very little of the dirt came up from the surface and it looked like I`d need to revert to my old method. Well, that is until I started to rinse (with my powerful gas power washer which I had also used on the acid side) the MBO side. OMG, it was doing it! It was removing I`d say 85-90% of the dirt. After my initial use of MBO, I keep a spray bottle of vinegar in my cabinet to neutralize the MBO if some gets onto my skin (I didn`t put that in my initial review, but I HIGHLY recommend you do so if you`re gonna use this product). So, winner winner chicken dinner. In much less time and hardly any sweat, here`s how it came out after I squeegee`d it out and mopped it dry:

The floor is starting to show its age and hopefully I`ll coat it again this fall/early winter. The bottom line is that an acid based wheel cleaner was completely ineffective to clean the floor whereas the alkaline based cleaner did a fantastic job. I ended up going over the acid side with MBO and it cleaned it very well, in spite of the floor being somewhat wet from being squeegee`d. I thought some of you may have been interested in what I found.
    Cheers,
    Rich
    Likes mnehls86, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: REALLY helped clean the Garage Floor

Nice results. I`ll keep MBO in mind if I ever get around to doing my garage. I hope you smoked something on the cheaper side with all those fumes. I`d hate to waste a good cigar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Nice results. I`ll keep MBO in mind if I ever get around to doing my garage. I hope you smoked something on the cheaper side with all those fumes. I`d hate to waste a good cigar.
    Thanks, I get all my cigars from Alex at Cigar Bundles of Miami. GREAT smokes and great prices. I had enjoyed one of these:

Our Famous Torpedo Maduro 93 Rated
    Likes mnehls86 liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Richy -
    Great work and post !
    Thanks for this -

There is a chap on here - Shaking Horizons - that has been posting about a car that got keyed and the owner doesnt want to take it to the body shop
    It has words keyed into 2 doors - Move Over - Nice...
    Anyway, the owner has since gotten some touch up paint and filled in the words and wants Shaking Horizons, to make it all go away.. Nice..
    Can you please look up the post and give this guy some of your Ultra-Expert advice, please ??
    Thank you !
    Dan F
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Richy -
    Great work and post !
    Thanks for this -

There is a chap on here - Shaking Horizons - that has been posting about a car that got keyed and the owner doesnt want to take it to the body shop
    It has words keyed into 2 doors - Move Over - Nice...
    Anyway, the owner has since gotten some touch up paint and filled in the words and wants Shaking Horizons, to make it all go away.. Nice..
    Can you please look up the post and give this guy some of your Ultra-Expert advice, please ??
    Thank you !
    Dan F

Thanks Dan!!!!

Richy - if you could help, it would be greatly appreciated!
    Scratches down to primer help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    Thanks Dan!!!!

Richy - if you could help, it would be greatly appreciated!
    Scratches down to primer help!
    I wrote a lengthy response and provided some of my personal links too. Hope that helps.
    http://www.flawlessreflectionsautodetailing.com/
    Likes ShakingHorizons, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is there another way to view the photos from photobucket?

Post Thanks / Like

I exclusively use wheel brightener in my mop bucket lol seems to work well!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thread Information