Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We just epoxied the floors and painted the walls for our detailing shop. Check it out!

FROM STANDARD 3 CAR 30X30 GARAGE EVOLVING INTO WORLD CLASS DETAIL THEATRE Check out other detailing content at prideautodetailing.com/blog

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.701961)]
    PRIMING THE WALLS

The Garage is outfitted with full shop lighting and a usable sink. In this picture we are priming the finishing up priming the walls for paint.

ALL PRIMED UP AND READY FOR PAINT!

We have just finished priming the garage now you can see us putting down the first layer of grey that will cover the walls

99% PAINTED!

Just a few areas to touch up and then its time for the floors!

SANDING THE POLE...

We took some time to sand down this pole tehe. Then cover it with 2 coats of American Walnut wood stain.

CLEARING AND CLEANING

We decided to use a epoxy system for our garage floors. In order to do that you need a perfectly clean surface. So the entire garage was cleaned throughly. And the floors were acid etched so the concrete would hold the epoxy resin.

AFTER FIRST COAT!

Pole Starting to look a bit better. You can see our Mobile Detailing Unit there as well.

BEAUTIFUL FINISH

As you can see the pole looks great with 2 coats of stain. Above the pole you can see the line hanging down. We ran air compressor hosing all through the garage for easy access and efficient working.

FILLING THE CRACKS!

We were looking for a seemless system so we filled all expansion joints with concrete. Then we sanded them down covered the tops with a polyurea filler.

RUSTOLEUM FLOOR SYSTEM

This is the floor system we used.

6 KITS BOUGHT IT TOOK 5

It took us about 5 kits to cover the garage this epoxy system was very thick and much more difficult to work with then normal paint.

FINISHED PRODUCT

We included flakes and anti skid sand to keep this floor safe to walk on and looking good for years to come!

DETAILING EXCELLENCE!

THANKS FOR VIEWING!

[/COLOR]
    Likes The Guz, ShaneB, tropicsteve, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: We just epoxied the floors and painted the walls for our detailing shop. Check it out!

nice job in repainting of walls and floors best of luck

Post Thanks / Like

Re: We just epoxied the floors and painted the walls for our detailing shop. Check it out!

I can only dream to have a garage like that someday. Great work!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great... I cant even bring myself to paint my garage walls.

Is that a 10 inch electric buffer on that shelving unit?

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Looks great... I cant even bring myself to paint my garage walls.

Is that a 10 inch electric buffer on that shelving unit?
    ROFL yes. That was a gift from the mother in law. She said she had a buffer lying around and I expected a rupes bigfoot or something. She gave it to me like a year ago and I still havent found a use for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice- if you don`t mind, how much did each of those kits cost?

And would you recommend this product to someone who has never done a floor covering project?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Very professional looking.

(Sent via my mobile device)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

just a FYI, Rustoleum Restore isn`t epoxy. Hence why it says "20x stronger than epoxy". It`s actually a material designated as "Polycuramine"

Not that the garage doesn`t look great, it does. What you`re using is actually better than an Epoxy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
    just a FYI, Rustoleum Restore isn`t epoxy. Hence why it says "20x stronger than epoxy". It`s actually a material designated as "Polycuramine"

Not that the garage doesn`t look great, it does. What you`re using is actually better than an Epoxy.
    I mean no offense with this comment to the OP and wish him much success but as a user of the pictured Rustoleum product (gray) and one of the more expensive epoxy systems I would not agree with the above comment.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I mean no offense with this comment to the OP and wish him much success but as a user of the pictured Rustoleum product (gray) and one of the more expensive epoxy systems I would not agree with the above comment.

I`d be interested in your experience personally. My garage floor is only now showing it`s age after 15 years needing a redo, but it`s the previous generation. I`m looking to redo it once the weather warms but I`m looking at products now.

Post Thanks / Like

Well you just said something of which I was not aware, therefore my previous statement may be of little relevance. The product I used was about 10 years ago. I don`t know which generation that product might have been. I used Rustoleum`s product in my basement storage room and equipment room and U-Coat-It`s product in a fairly large garage. Both were put down on brand new concrete properly cleaned and acid etched. The same process was used in both products preperation. Both of these products have been down since the house was new and were installed days apart. The Rustoleum`s areas are really low use areas. The Mechanical room probably has less traffic than any room in my home. Both areas are completely dry. The garage gets a fair amount of use. The Rustoleum product shows wear even with little use. The garage is driven on all the time as well as creepers, jacks etc. Wash that floor up and it`s difficut to tell it isn`t new. I firmly believe that if I`d used Rustoleum`s product in my garage I`d be look at replacing it or would have already done it by now.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    The product I used was about 10 years ago. I don`t know which generation that product might have been.

The current generation is about 18 months or so old. When they started packing it in the burst bags and it used to be in two one gallon cans, 1 Part A and one Part B and then a bag of the sprinkles. Same time they released the Metallic earth brown and Silver colors. Trust me, I don`t work for Rustoleum so I could be totally off-base but For me it`s been look at paint, then delay it, then look again, so I`ve been studying paints for about that long.

What I want to know is what Costco uses on their floors. Looks like clear epoxy on concrete but they`re running fork trucks and shopping cart wheels and everything on it and I never see them having to maintain it.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a beautiful garage for detailing. Congrats on finishing it!
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
    The current generation is about 18 months or so old. When they started packing it in the burst bags and it used to be in two one gallon cans, 1 Part A and one Part B and then a bag of the sprinkles. Same time they released the Metallic earth brown and Silver colors. Trust me, I don`t work for Rustoleum so I could be totally off-base but For me it`s been look at paint, then delay it, then look again, so I`ve been studying paints for about that long.

What I want to know is what Costco uses on their floors. Looks like clear epoxy on concrete but they`re running fork trucks and shopping cart wheels and everything on it and I never see them having to maintain it.
    A quick search on Costco floors yielded : nano-lithium Pentra-Guar (HP)
    Likes Jaddie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Rogue View Post
    A quick search on Costco floors yielded : nano-lithium Pentra-Guar (HP)
    Ha! Ask and ye shall receive. Got to look that up now.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information