Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: We just epoxied the floors and painted the walls for our detailing shop. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Ha! Ask and ye shall receive. Got to look that up now.
    I am not sure you can get that for personal home use. Its problably expensive. I would love to get my garage floor sealed but I am afraid most of the off the shelf products dont last. I would hate to do all that work to have it peal in 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: We just epoxied the floors and painted the walls for our detailing shop. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by jms493 View Post
    I am not sure you can get that for personal home use. Its problably expensive. I would love to get my garage floor sealed but I am afraid most of the off the shelf products dont last. I would hate to do all that work to have it peal in 3 years.
    Yeah, I wasn`t expecting it to be a retail product. Just wanted to know what it was. We used to have to coat a shop floor with company provided clear sealant. It was horrible, slick and would peel badly in winter weather. Their floors always look so nice.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Nice- if you don`t mind, how much did each of those kits cost?

And would you recommend this product to someone who has never done a floor covering project?
    The kits were 99 but were on sale for 79 each. The total project cost us 632 dollars including all the tools and prep stuff.

I was not looking to spend much money and I did a good job at 900 sq the total cost was $ .70 per square foot.

Not sure how well it will hold up we will see! It looks amazing now though and customers love it. I just detailed a 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid in it this morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Rustoleum Restore Polycurimide system is better then the 1 step epoxy paint products out there. I am sure the 100% solids 2 part epoxy system would be better then this. 2 Part epoxy systems online i was researching would cost 3 times what this project cost us so I am happy with it. I hope it lasts for years to come. Customers so far love it we detailed a 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid in there today and the customer couldnt stop talking about it!

I was nervous the whole time that it might not look good since we went pretty cheap compared to the online epoxy systems but I am happy with the result so far

https://goo.gl/photos/5HNF1ogRgG3VjGdu7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PrideAutoDetail View Post

I was nervous the whole time that it might not look good since we went pretty cheap compared to the online epoxy systems but I am happy with the result so far

https://goo.gl/photos/5HNF1ogRgG3VjGdu7
    Looks great. Sorry we sidetracked your thread on paint products. I looked at the same product at Lowes. It`s $95 a kit now at mine. Nice to see it applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jms493 View Post
    This is what`s held me up. Seems like everything either has durability issues or is ungodly expensive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information