Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

re: Let ` s see everyone ` s garage

Hoping this thread is now visible.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes dschribs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let ` s see everyone ` s garage

It`s alive, now I can get in here. I have been on a garage kick for last 2 years. Cant wait to see others and share mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Works ! By the way my floor are having issues. Warranty from epoxy professionals useless. Local person out of business and franchise owner in Michigan. Promised a fix, never showed. Promised a guy from Connecticut would come never did. Asked for guys name in CT never got it. Last he promised to send something I can apply on top to fix. Never showed up. Guy jerked me around for weeks. Guy Daniel is an bad business man. Epoxy needs a vapor barrier always. I did not know that then and I do now. It`s because there maybe zero moisture the day of install but in 2 years there maybe. Daniel told me his expoxy is 100% and that seals the floor enough to eliminate the need for a vapor barrier.

Lesson learned.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been hearing a lot problems with Epoxy floor coatings, from bad installers to pooping or flaking do to moisture to wear from tires. It seems like its hard to get a good install of the right product that lasts 10-20 years everyone I hear 3-5 years it starts to go to heck. That`s the reason I am going porcelain tile, its more $$$ but we have a good installer we know personally that will be fair and does amazing work. Also tile is easier to repair if there is a problem you just got get a few extra boxes of tile and hide them away just in case.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    I have been hearing a lot problems with Epoxy floor coatings, from bad installers to pooping or flaking do to moisture to wear from tires. It seems like its hard to get a good install of the right product that lasts 10-20 years everyone I hear 3-5 years it starts to go to heck. That`s the reason I am going porcelain tile, its more $$$ but we have a good installer we know personally that will be fair and does amazing work. Also tile is easier to repair if there is a problem you just got get a few extra boxes of tile and hide them away just in case.

I did my own floors and have a few sections whee it is now flaking off. About a week after it was done these areas blistered and you could push on them and tell there was uncured coating below. I believe it was due to being applied too thick in those areas as my wife says she remember those area being thicker when she was rolling it out, but no way to know for sure (I poured it on the floor and squeegeed it while she rolled it out). The other sections are fine but the coating is also getting scuffed up way too easily from my creeper chair. I`m going to redo the floors this summer and based on feedback from the experts on the garage journal forum I`ll be using a polyurea coating that has a better scratch resistance this time and I`ll just pay to have it done, hoping to avoid the issue I have meow. :/

Likes trashmanssd, nickclark08, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Let ` s see everyone ` s garage

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Works ! By the way my floor are having issues. Warranty from epoxy professionals useless. Local person out of business and franchise owner in Michigan. Promised a fix, never showed. Promised a guy from Connecticut would come never did. Asked for guys name in CT never got it. Last he promised to send something I can apply on top to fix. Never showed up. Guy jerked me around for weeks. Guy Daniel is an bad business man. Epoxy needs a vapor barrier always. I did not know that then and I do now. It`s because there maybe zero moisture the day of install but in 2 years there maybe. Daniel told me his expoxy is 100% and that seals the floor enough to eliminate the need for a vapor barrier.

Lesson learned.
    Where are you located ? My dad does floors in CT and has been doing it for 10+ years now, shoot me a PM. A lot of times the doors fail due to moisture coming up underneath or poor prep. The DIY kits are ok but your not grinding the concrete before applying the coating.

A pic of a detailers floor he did.
    Likes JSFM35X, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Applying the epoxy...

Having a little fun during construction...

All done.
    MORE information please - would love for my brand new garage to have this coating!

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here`s a few shots of my storage garage/detailing shop/beer tasting room:

The bar:

Unorganized product cabinet:

Detailing lighting:

Car storage:

You get the idea LOL Let ` s see everyone ` s garage. Visitors who like beer, blues music, old cars and old gas station stuff are always welcome!
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Nice set up you have there! Mind if I ask where you got the red cabinets? I`m trying to decide what to go with or if I should just build some. Not wanting to spend a ton but want something clean looking.

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Nice set up you have there! Mind if I ask where you got the red cabinets? I`m trying to decide what to go with or if I should just build some. Not wanting to spend a ton but want something clean looking.
    I got the cabinets from an outfit called "premier garage." They are a division of one of those custom closet companies. Had a designer come out to measure and do a CAD drawing to fit my space and requirements. They were not inexpensive unfortunately...
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I got the cabinets from an outfit called "premier garage." They are a division of one of those custom closet companies. Had a designer come out to measure and do a CAD drawing to fit my space and requirements. They were not inexpensive unfortunately...
    Thanks! I may end up just using some kitchen cabinets from a local outlet store for the lowers. I was looking at the NewAge cabinets too.
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome garage BadgeRivFan, love the sings love the lay out love it all just awesome.
    Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan View Post
    Where are you located ? My dad does floors in CT and has been doing it for 10+ years now, shoot me a PM. A lot of times the doors fail due to moisture coming up underneath or poor prep. The DIY kits are ok but your not grinding the concrete before applying the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I have serious Garage Envy right at this moment.

Sweet set up.

The bar:

Unorganized product cabinet:

Detailing lighting:

Car storage:

You get the idea LOL Let ` s see everyone ` s garage. Visitors who like beer, blues music, old cars and old gas station stuff are always welcome!
    Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I see the Spotted Cow in there. Just picked up a couple cases while I was in Oconomowoc last weekend.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information