Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RUPES Repair

Post Thanks / Like

RUPES Repair

Anyone ever had their machine serviced by RUPES? If so did you need a receipt/proof of purchase?? I don`t think I ever got a receipt. If I did who knows where it is now.
    They also seem to have a lot of stipulations for repairs.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RUPES Repair

Used it once when the machine wouldnt turn on anymore. Dont recall needing a receipt or anything. Just sent it in and they repaired it. Called me when it was done to collect the $75 (flat fee for repair) and they shipped it out to me good as new. They not only fixed the problem (the electronics board failed i guess), but they inspected the whole machine, installed new brushes and a new cord. Worth every penny!

It did take a few weeks from the day i shipped it to when i received it back.
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes bad penny, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Used it once when the machine wouldnt turn on anymore. Dont recall needing a receipt or anything. Just sent it in and they repaired it. Called me when it was done to collect the $75 (flat fee for repair) and they shipped it out to me good as new. They not only fixed the problem (the electronics board failed i guess), but they inspected the whole machine, installed new brushes and a new cord. Worth every penny!

It did take a few weeks from the day i shipped it to when i received it back.
    That must have been awhile ago. They`re charging $95 now and it says you must provide proof of purchase. The other stipulations make the whole deal unattractive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    That must have been awhile ago. They`re charging $95 now and it says you must provide proof of purchase. The other stipulations make the whole deal unattractive.
    Gee, that might make it hard for me to sell my Rupes unless they`ll let a subsequent owner use the original receipt (in another person`s name).
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Gee, that might make it hard for me to sell my Rupes unless they`ll let a subsequent owner use the original receipt (in another person`s name).
    So, let`s say no receipt? Then what?

It appears that when out of warrantee, you go past go, ship them your tool, pay upon completion, why is there a stipulation then of age or ownership? In any case-instance they got their money for their services, correct?

So, with no receipt, then what? You have a Boat Anchor? Or a parts unit someone might give you a few bucks for?

This makes no sense.

I haven`t studied Rupes enough to know if there are third party suppliers for parts where you can attempt a repair yourself? I`m sort of thinking no.

If such company policies that are rumored here are true, then I can say with no reservations I`m glad that I never bought a Rupes tool.
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some companies have funny and often strict policies.

Let`s take for instance that 4 years ago, I was in the market for a new audio amplifier for my main home system. Being a McIntosh owner for 42 years prior, I would`ve liked to remained with McIntosh. Wasn`t in the cards though.

There was only one premier dealer in the state I lived, in Albuquerque, they had the Amplifier I had wanted to buy, the MC-452, a 450wpc Stereo Amp, list price $8500. They had one in stock in their wharehouse.

I told the person at the dealership I preferred to pay with at either a bank certified check in full, and/or possibly the remainder on a change card if any difference. But I wanted a price, a solid price, HOW MUCH?! They would not tell me over the phone.

I told the person, I`m not making a 500 mile round trip for nothing, not knowing a total price, tax included out the door. Nor was I about to carry that sum of money in cash, not with the vulture cops on New Mexico`s roads. The dealer would not budge.

Now McIntosh makes some nice gear, but another dislike, an $8500 piece of equipment with only a 3 year warrantee.

Ultimately, I changed direction, I decided to buy a Canadian made Bryston product, a new pair of 7BSST2 Monoblock Amps, 20 year transferable warrantee, the best in the business. They were bought from a authorized dealer, shipped direct from the manufacturer to order, and I am pleased I made that decision.

The dealer placed my order with Bryston before even receiving my certified check.
    Likes Stokdgs, bad penny, gorram liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

MarkD --
    Loved that story ! My sister has an older McIntosh system from her late husband. It is so nice to listen to !
    But it`s all old school, before hdmi, etc.,..
    Still sounds the typical McIntosh clean..

It is no wonder that all through the best music written and played period of my life, that all the great bands used nothing but McIntosh equipment..

It still amazes me that people who sell this equipment are sometimes, about the same caliber as the worst used-car-salesmen.. Couldn`t give you a price ???

I am interested in learning more about Bryston and will go look around..
    Thanks again for the great story and info !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That has to be for warranty repair. I looked at their site and the steps for warranty and non-warranty lead to the same instructions. I can`t believe they`d be so foolish as to not repair tools without a receipt, with how these change hands as evidenced just by current active threads. That`s a good way to ruin your reputation as a tool builder, is to destroy the resale value of the tool by making it unrepairable afterwards, so I can`t believe that`s what they are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    So, let`s say no receipt? Then what?

It appears that when out of warrantee, you go past go, ship them your tool, pay upon completion, why is there a stipulation then of age or ownership? In any case-instance they got their money for their services, correct?

So, with no receipt, then what? You have a Boat Anchor? Or a parts unit someone might give you a few bucks for?

This makes no sense.

I haven`t studied Rupes enough to know if there are third party suppliers for parts where you can attempt a repair yourself? I`m sort of thinking no.

If such company policies that are rumored here are true, then I can say with no reservations I`m glad that I never bought a Rupes tool.
    They must have started the stipulations and raised their prices after they were inundated with the boat anchors they are producing were returned shortly after purchase.

People can talk all they want about Griots Garage being "Chinese crap", but I`ve only had one issue with my G21 and it was fixed immediately for FREE. Perhaps Italy should take notes from China.RUPES Repair

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I`ll paste Rupes-USA Terms below my post.

It says Receipt must accompany a "warrantee" repair. Makes no mention of a Receipt needing to accompany an out of warrantee repair.

The new tool warrantee is also non-transferable.

So, with that said, I see nothing unusual with Rupes to raise alarm.

https://rupesusa.com/repairs/
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    OK, I`ll paste Rupes-USA Terms below my post.

It says Receipt must accompany a "warrantee" repair. Makes no mention of a Receipt needing to accompany an out of warrantee repair.

The new tool warrantee is also non-transferable.

So, with that said, I see nothing unusual with Rupes to raise alarm.

https://rupesusa.com/repairs/
    The way I`m reading it every repair must show proof. Here is what I just copied:

INSTRUCTIONS

Complete the required fields below and submit the form. Most requests will receive a response within 1 business day or less. Your prepaid return label for warranty or flat rate repair will be sent from a carrier email address (FedEx or UPS). If you do not receive a label within 1 business day of your request please contact the customer service desk by email at support@rupesusa.com
    Provide sufficient quality packing to ensure no damage occurs in transit. RUPES USA accepts no responsibility for returns damaged or lost due to handling, carrier errors, or other circumstances. Always maintain tracking information for your records.
    For special handling, tools shipped from outside the continental USA, or expedited services arranged at the customers expense please send your tool to the following address:

RUPES USA, Inc.
    Attention: Repairs
    531 South Taylor Ave.
    Louisville, CO 80027

Include a proof of purchase copy and relevant contact information with your shipment. Please be sure to fill out all information for each tool.

Post Thanks / Like

They obviously aren`t very confident in their products or they`d offer a better warranty and keep up with the competition.

Or, it`s all part of the plan and the charging for repairs after 1 year is calculated into their revenue stream.

I really see no reason to buy Rupes products over Griot`s, especially when you add peace of mind into the equation.

The differences/advantages would have to be immense to say it`s worth buying Rupes polishers over anything else and then dealing with a 1 year warranty and having to pay after that. Having used both, this is nowhere near the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking I`ll take my $100 and buy that new 21" from harbor freight seeing that I don`t meet RUPES requirements for repairs.

Something goes wrong with the harbor freight all I have to do is drive 10 minutes and deal with a pimple faced kid to get a new one...

Post Thanks / Like

That would be a 21mm not 21” throw. You do know that Harbor Freight will be done with your warranty at 90 days?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    That would be a 21mm not 21” throw. You do know that Harbor Freight will be done with your warranty at 90 days?
    You can buy the 2 year extended warranty for less then $20.
    I was not aware it was mm -vs- inch (how much difference is that?). Regardless, I`ve been curious about this machine since its release. Not being able to have my RUPES repaired makes it easier to justify purchasing the harbor freight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information