Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Customer Support

Many times the only time we hear about Rupes is when a polisher quits and someone can’t figure out how to get it fixed. I usually jump in to say how good Rupes customer support is, well I’m back at it again.

I bought a Rupes 15 MKII from Autopia from their discount returned item section. I got it and it sat around for a few months before I decided to open it up (yep I’m lazy). When I open it up I saw why it had been returned, the hand hold top part was cracked. But not only cracked the interior screw holder was sheared off. I thought to myself “I’m screwed” as I waited too long to send it back to Autopia. I put it back into its box and let it set for another couple of months. I finally decided to see if I could hot glue it back together and I did a pretty good job, but I figured it would not hold up too long to sustained vibrations.

Pic before hot glue

Sooo I decided to check out the price of a new head piece. I believe it was around $36, no big deal but I wanted to make sure I was getting the right piece and everything so I contacted Rupes customer support. I explained my plight and to my surprise they offered to ship me a new piece free of charge! I knew Rupes stands behind their products but this was over and beyond (not sure why Autopia didn’t do this first).

I received this today. Less than 5 days after my request.

So a shout out to Rupes customer support for proving once again they care about their customers.

By the way, Rupes has a webpage with a customer support email and phone number along with a parts list and pictures. This is for those folks that complain when Todd or Dylan don’t reply to their emails (I never understood why you would contact them for service anyway). Yep Rupes fan here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Diner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Customer Support

rlmccarty2000:
    Was the new piece identical OR was there a difference in the new piece you received?? Many times parts a redesigned to take care of a known design or manufacturing flaws that caused warranty claims (and unhappy customers). Not so sure how this breakage happened to the handle as it may have been inadvertently dropped on, which obviously, you cannot design for (or maybe you can, but with mass production consumer items, this may be impossible because of cost. Just when an engineering makes something idiot-proof, they invent better idiots!). How "difficult" was this handle to replace?

Looking forward to your reviews of detailing vehicles using your returned-repaired Rupes polisher.
    (Hummmmm, since you did not open the box immediately after initially receiving it, are you interested in selling it now???....I know someone who could put it to good use, now that it is fixed.)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    rlmccarty2000:
    Was the new piece identical OR was there a difference in the new piece you received?? Many times parts a redesigned to take care of a known design or manufacturing flaws that caused warranty claims (and unhappy customers). Not so sure how this breakage happened to the handle as it may have been inadvertently dropped on, which obviously, you cannot design for (or maybe you can, but with mass production consumer items, this may be impossible because of cost. Just when an engineering makes something idiot-proof, they invent better idiots!). How "difficult" was this handle to replace?

Looking forward to your reviews of detailing vehicles using your returned-repaired Rupes polisher.
    (Hummmmm, since you did not open the box immediately after initially receiving it, are you interested in selling it now???....I know someone who could put it to good use, now that it is fixed.)
    It looks identical. I’m not sure how the piece was broken. At first I thought it was just slightly cracked, but when I really looked at it to repair it I saw that the part where the screw was to be inserted had sheared off. Shearing it off would have taken quite a blow. I always thought the carbon fiber part was a “clip on” type thing but it is screwed down. Looking at the polisher diagrams on the Rupes site was a good leaning experience. Now I understand the polisher a bit more. Anyone with a Rupes product should take advantage of their website.

Nope not interested in selling the MKII, but I have a brand new in the box MKI that we can work something out on. I’m keeping my old MKI as a backup. I never had stalling problems with it. I upgraded to the MKII for no real reason.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m glad Rupes took care of things for you. Could you let me know when this was ordered and what the order number was, please? I`m not finding it in our system and I don`t see that we had any direct communication from you about this issue. We test all of the returned/open box items before selling them and definitely wouldn`t want to send something out that wasn`t working properly. If you can give me some more information, I`ll be happy to look into this issue further.
    Likes Old Pirate liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Do you need to register a Rupe`s polisher when you buy it? IE; does it come with a model serial number that needs to be registered??

Is there a subsequent-owner registration for those who buy pre-owned polishers from the original owner??
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Do you need to register a Rupe`s polisher when you buy it? IE; does it come with a model serial number that needs to be registered??

Is there a subsequent-owner registration for those who buy pre-owned polishers from the original owner??
    The Rupes official warranty policy states that it only covers the original purchaser and is not transferable. That being said, I`m sure they handle customer service on a case by case basis and they would address any issues as best as they can.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This was my attempt at a repair. It feels real solid.

Not the prettiest but it did the job. Just in the unlikely case someone breaks their MKII. I still don’t see how this was possible without breaking the carbon fiber top of the machine. I’ve put the new piece on my MKII and everything is back to normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information