Thread: How difficult?

Post Thanks / Like

How difficult?

I was wondering (after looking a a diagram) how hard does anyone think it would be to turn a MKII into a MKIII? At least giving the MKII the variable trigger option. There is no parts list for the MKIII yet and I have to believe that the MKIII is not a big evolution like the MKI to MKII. Maybe just changing the actuator and possibly the trigger? Anyone else thought about this? I really don’t want to spend $450 for a trigger upgrade. The motor should be the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How difficult?

Wait for the MK IV. The new MKIII is not much of an upgrade. Check out one of Larry`s videos where compares the two and describes the differences.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Wait for the MK IV. The new MKIII is not much of an upgrade. Check out one of Larry`s videos where compares the two and describes the differences.
    I was just wondering if I could do a cheap module upgrade. Something diy. No real plans to upgrade to the MKIII unless my original 21 up and dies. I really never needed more power, but I do like the trigger idea.

Post Thanks / Like

While the progressive trigger is AWESOME on the LHR 19 rotary, I don’t see it being that big of a deal on a long throw DA TBH.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see it being much more necessary on a rotary. I’m not fluent in rotary, but isn’t a soft start a normal feature?
    Likes irvs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Think that the new trigger handle would need a new motherboard or how you would explain it. Since it has the slow start feature on the mkII and don`t think that the mkIII has that. If it has that it could be that you could switch the trigger handle if also the trigger unit chip is in the handle. And it`s the same mounting points. Then a new top handle cover for the rubber holds.

Or take a chance and DIY and ad another I to the mkII. Send it into a service for the $85. And they notice they have have send out a non upgraded mkIII LOL
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Think that the new trigger handle would need a new motherboard or how you would explain it. Since it has the slow start feature on the mkII and don`t think that the mkIII has that. If it has that it could be that you could switch the trigger handle if also the trigger unit chip is in the handle. And it`s the same mounting points. Then a new top handle cover for the rubber holds.

Or take a chance and DIY and ad another I to the mkII. Send it into a service for the $85. And they notice they have have send out a non upgraded mkIII LOL
    This is what I was wondering about. There is an actuator box above the trigger that controls stuff. I was hoping someone that had more electrical knowledge than me (easy) would know if it would be possible. I’m probably jumping the gun since the MKIII hasn’t been introduced and there are no parts diagram available. Rupes is getting like Apple and only making incremental changes to its products. I’m not upgrading my iPhone either.

Post Thanks / Like

Has to be able to be done as changes look minor and mostly cosmetic. Question is would Rupes even be willing to sell the parts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information