Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LH19e Review

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Even with a quality cord, isn`t there power loss for however long the cord is? For example, on my GG BOSS polishers, I use a 50` cord reel at 12ga to compensate for the total length of the cord. 50` at a 14ga or 16ga would be too much of a loss of power to the machine at that length. I know I saw some formula for this somewhere around here.
    I think it comes down to how much does the machine motor - draw - how much amperage does that little motor need to operate with no issues...

Then think about how long you are using that tool in your hands, with that small motor, running it a few minutes at a time, stopping, then starting, vs running a big motor that is several horsepower, running hours at a time..

Im with Chad - I only use - quality- 14 gauge extension cords, and 12 gauge extension cords for bigger motors like for example my Metro Master Blaster with 2 - 4hp motors, I have never had issues for decades.. I never use smaller than 14 gauge extension cords... I don`t even know what a 16gauge extension cord looks like..

Lastly - all extension cords will twist if you wind them tightly in small loops.. After awhile the twists will be too tight and the cord will never lay down flat and perhaps, could break at either end first..

The best way to treat all extension cords when you put them away, is to make big loops, don`t make them all tight together, secure them with a piece of velcro, and hang them or lay them somewhere..

Then, when you are going to use them, take 1 end, lay it on the ground, and unwind the cord, walking it backwards in your hands to the place where the other end is going, and it will lay flat and not be all twisted up.. You want to avoid those internal twists as much as possible..

I have read that cord reels do not hurt extension cords, but since I have never used or needed one, I cannot verify that to be true..
    Dan F

Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I think it comes down to how much does the machine motor - draw - how much amperage does that little motor need to operate with no issues...

Then think about how long you are using that tool in your hands, with that small motor, running it a few minutes at a time, stopping, then starting, vs running a big motor that is several horsepower, running hours at a time..

Im with Chad - I only use - quality- 14 gauge extension cords, and 12 gauge extension cords for bigger motors like for example my Metro Master Blaster with 2 - 4hp motors, I have never had issues for decades.. I never use smaller than 14 gauge extension cords... I don`t even know what a 16gauge extension cord looks like..

Lastly - all extension cords will twist if you wind them tightly in small loops.. After awhile the twists will be too tight and the cord will never lay down flat and perhaps, could break at either end first..

The best way to treat all extension cords when you put them away, is to make big loops, don`t make them all tight together, secure them with a piece of velcro, and hang them or lay them somewhere..

Then, when you are going to use them, take 1 end, lay it on the ground, and unwind the cord, walking it backwards in your hands to the place where the other end is going, and it will lay flat and not be all twisted up.. You want to avoid those internal twists as much as possible..

I have read that cord reels do not hurt extension cords, but since I have never used or needed one, I cannot verify that to be true..
    Dan F

Sorry for going off topic Dr but I just picked this extension cord up a few weeks ago to replace one that was all twisted towards the one end. Love the locking feature and a nice cord for anyone looking for one!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Sorry for going off topic Dr but I just picked this extension cord up a few weeks ago to replace one that was all twisted towards the one end. Love the locking feature and a nice cord for anyone looking for one!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    that looks like a good one. I have seen the Flex one and it is really nice also. It’s a bit more expensive tho.

https://www.autogeek.net/flex-hd-extension-cord.html

I have Snap on ones in the reel that are very nice but way too expensive. There are cheaper options that are just as good if not better.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review. I`ve been patiently waiting for this machine to finally come it. After reading about the low RPMs and progressive trigger I knew I wanted one. I love the trigger on the Mille.

When I got the Mille I thought I would like the 30` cord, after about the second use I hate it. Having a 12" cord long enough to secure to an extension cord would be great. I suggested they do that on the car dryer. It`s so much easier for storage purposes. I bought the battery version of the XFE and definitely love cordless!! I actually ordered the battery version of the PE-14 but ended up cancelling it because I knew I would want this machine reguardless of how well I liked the PE-14.

I guess it`s time to put my PE-14 on EBay and order this tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Thanks for the great review. I`ve been patiently waiting for this machine to finally come it. After reading about the low RPMs and progressive trigger I knew I wanted one. I love the trigger on the Mille.

When I got the Mille I thought I would like the 30` cord, after about the second use I hate it. Having a 12" cord long enough to secure to an extension cord would be great. I suggested they do that on the car dryer. It`s so much easier for storage purposes. I bought the battery version of the XFE and definitely love cordless!! I actually ordered the battery version of the PE-14 but ended up cancelling it because I knew I would want this machine reguardless of how well I liked the PE-14.

I guess it`s time to put my PE-14 on EBay and order this tool.
    The Pe14 is a great machine. I love the trigger on the Rupes.... it is really well thought out. The Rupes it is a tad lighter also. As far as the cord, I’m gonna put about 8 more hours on it and cut the cord to a normal length. Probably ruin the warranty but by that time I’ll have enough hours on it to feel confident that there are no issues with the tool. That’s exactly why I don’t like the long cords.... storage usage and they get all twisted up over time.
    Likes RaskyR1, DaveT435, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I always Reprong all the rulers and flex machines, they never stay in the socket and this coming from someone who uses a Roboreel, which pretty much never lets go of anything.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Huge fan of Rupes. If I did more detailing, I`d prob be selling my PE-14 and get one of these.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information