Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody preordered the Rupes LHR19e Rotary?

I have been looking for a rotary to add to my tools to learn and use. I currently have the ibrid long neck which I mostly use in rotary mode for tight areas and that is most of my experience as far as rotaries go. Based on Mike Phillips review over at AGO it looks to be a good machine. Some stand outs are the lower RPM speed (450RPM) and the progressive trigger.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ghlight=lhr19e

Curious if anyone else is interested in itpreordered?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anybody preordered the Rupes LHR19e Rotary?

I have. I know several others that have too. I just got off the phone with them earlier. They are saying that something didn’t go right in production. Anyway. It’s looking like it’s going to be the first of 2019 before they ship out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish View Post
    I have. I know several others that have too. I just got off the phone with them earlier. They are saying that something didn’t go right in production. Anyway. It’s looking like it’s going to be the first of 2019 before they ship out.
    Ahh thank you for the update.
    I was thinking of pre-ordering it but kept seeing the date pushed out. Ill just wait till I see the official release.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem bud.

I did a preorder. But I will end up canceling mine for some other supplies. Because they said when they are shipped it will be all one big shipment. So if you don’t have a preorder you won’t be waiting on another batch to come in. It will be enough to cover the preorders plus whoever else wants to order one.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to get one for sure. I don`t see the point of preordering one tho. It`s not like you get a reduced price or any bonus items.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I am going to get one for sure. I don`t see the point of preordering one tho. It`s not like you get a reduced price or any bonus items.
    Very true. I think once they are released I will make the plunge.

In the mean time I bought a cheaper Amazon rotary and some extension to practice with. All in I I got the Rotary, 3 extension bars, and 1", 2", 3" 5" and 6" backing plates for $180. It is most likely made in China and looks like a knock off but for practicing on my own cars and scrap hoods/ body panels I figure its not a bad deal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post

In the mean time I bought a cheaper Amazon rotary and some extension to practice with. All in I I got the Rotary, 3 extension bars, and 1", 2", 3" 5" and 6" backing plates for $180. It is most likely made in China and looks like a knock off but for practicing on my own cars and scrap hoods/ body panels I figure its not a bad deal.

Raydiant Detail -
    Congrats on getting Rotary Power !

The extensions are good to have.. The longer they get, the harder it is to control the machine on the spot.. Have to keep it absolutely flat on the spot..
    I have always had an extension on my Makita that is about 1-1/2 inches in length, not counting the threaded ends, and it gets me anywhere I need to go with any size backing plate down to the little 1" size backing plate..

The thing that you have to always remember when using any Extension, is that you have to really watch it, and make sure the extension does not touch anything or it will damage it...

When the first Flex Rotary machines came out, way, way, back, everyone wanted one, they were smaller and lighter, etc... I bought one just to have it for back up, and it was nice, but small, made a lot of gear noise, and I really didn`t like it all that much.. It also did not spin up to 3,000 rpm which I find is perfect for getting as much water out of pads after you rinse them...

Finally decided that the additional heft and weight of the Makita was still better for me in terms of additional weight when you need it to correct those bad places fast, plenty of power, very easy on brushes, and never breaks or has an issue..

And the price, compared to all these newer, machines, - wow, what a savings...

Good luck with your project here !
    Dan F
    Likes RaydiantDetail, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Raydiant Detail -
    Congrats on getting Rotary Power !

The extensions are good to have.. The longer they get, the harder it is to control the machine on the spot.. Have to keep it absolutely flat on the spot..
    I have always had an extension on my Makita that is about 1-1/2 inches in length, not counting the threaded ends, and it gets me anywhere I need to go with any size backing plate down to the little 1" size backing plate..

The thing that you have to always remember when using any Extension, is that you have to really watch it, and make sure the extension does not touch anything or it will damage it...

When the first Flex Rotary machines came out, way, way, back, everyone wanted one, they were smaller and lighter, etc... I bought one just to have it for back up, and it was nice, but small, made a lot of gear noise, and I really didn`t like it all that much.. It also did not spin up to 3,000 rpm which I find is perfect for getting as much water out of pads after you rinse them...

Finally decided that the additional heft and weight of the Makita was still better for me in terms of additional weight when you need it to correct those bad places fast, plenty of power, very easy on brushes, and never breaks or has an issue..

And the price, compared to all these newer, machines, - wow, what a savings...

Good luck with your project here !
    Dan F
    Thanks Dan!

I need the extensions for getting in to those tight areas for sure. I also definitely agree with you that I will need to be careful make sure the pad is flat and that the extension does not hit anything.
    I currently have extentions for my rupes ibrid nano, 1inch and 2 inch which can be combined to 3inch. made a huge different for me in being able to correct difficult areas for those big jobs.

The rotary is just something I have always wanted to learn and I like the idea of having the back up to be able to use 1inch and 2inch pads since I have to send the ibrid in to Rupes due to a faulty connector between battery and device (its apparently a known issue).

In terms of speed I believe the SPTA has a range of 700-2500rPM. More than enough for me from a beginner perspective and also I have been reading that most people recommend correcting around the 1000-1500RPM range anyway. For water removal from pads since I currently only really work on cars on weekends my pads are usually dry by the time I need them.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had to compound and polish several beaters lately and the rotary has been indispensable for that first step compound.
    Likes RaydiantDetail, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you want more user information about the LH19E rotary polisher. Look at an UK forum. The Mille and the LH19E have been out in the EU for the 230v outlet since late september 2017. On swedish forums I have not read so much about them. I`m looking to buy one of them. And have a hard time to decide which one to get. Have been set on the Mille for a while know. I have nerve damage in the spinal cord both in the neck and the lower back that causes severe pain when I do anything physically. So have been leaning on the LH19E rotary polisher lately. The lower vibration and think it`s less fatigued to use. Has got me more set on the rotary polisher. Since I will do most my own car and familys cars and maybe some friends cars too. I can take my time and polish on lower speeds. Think I will wait to the black friday sales or the christmas sales. I have a 21mm longthrow polisher but not a Rupes. So think it has more vibration than a Rupes. And is a copy of the Mark I. So have thought about getting the Rupes Mark II 21mm longthrow polisher. LOL the decisions is hard when it`s quite an investment. Had been great being able to test them all out. And see which suited me most.

Then I kind of like to be learning the oldschool polishing tool. It has been used by many and produced some awesome show car finishes. And the abrasives technology has been great. Not only for the DA polishers but for the rotary polisher too.
    Likes Stokdgs, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Dewalt DWP 849x is my favorite and what I grab most of the time right now. For about $40 more I believe it to be a better option

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dan!

I need the extensions for getting in to those tight areas for sure. I also definitely agree with you that I will need to be careful make sure the pad is flat and that the extension does not hit anything.
    I currently have extentions for my rupes ibrid nano, 1inch and 2 inch which can be combined to 3inch. made a huge different for me in being able to correct difficult areas for those big jobs.

The rotary is just something I have always wanted to learn and I like the idea of having the back up to be able to use 1inch and 2inch pads since I have to send the ibrid in to Rupes due to a faulty connector between battery and device (its apparently a known issue).

In terms of speed I believe the SPTA has a range of 700-2500rPM. More than enough for me from a beginner perspective and also I have been reading that most people recommend correcting around the 1000-1500RPM range anyway. For water removal from pads since I currently only really work on cars on weekends my pads are usually dry by the time I need them.
    RaydiantDetail ---

Great that you are already accustomed to the spacers !!
    I just leave mine on all the time whether I need it or not, and since its probably the shortest, it is really never a problem to have it on there and of course the more you do something, the better you get used to it and the better you do..

Speeds - when I first started out learning on one as a kid, the speeds were high but all the products that far back, needed speed to get them broken down and done, etc..

Today and actually, for a long time back, the products are so much easier to use and I have found that lower speeds to get the machine, pad, product, and the paintwork acquainted, and then perhaps a little higher, hardly ever going too far past 1,000 -2000rpm have always given me just perfect correction, clarity, and gloss...
    The problem with higher speeds is of course you are creating a lot more heat, some paints do not like a lot of heat, the product being used will dry out quicker and maybe sling dust all over the panel ( I hate that), and you end up perhaps taking longer because you have to stop and reload everything more times..

Yes, some will say, but I finish faster, and perhaps you may or may not.. Its not a magic tool, its just a tool and you have to be watching and feeling how its going and deciding what to do next at that point on that panel, over and over, all around the vehicle...

Yes, it will take more than 1 full pass, etc., (unless of course, the paint is already about perfect to begin with) to get to the LSP stage, and it may take longer, but I have always wanted to NOT hurt things and a more gentle approach has never failed to achieve awesome results...

You`re going to have a great experience here !!!
    Dan F
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Rupe`s should just keep their mouths shut about new products until they are actually ready for production. Don`t they do this every time there is something new?

Thread Information