Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LK900E Mille

I only got to try the Mille on a test panel at a local detail supply store here in Raleigh. I thought is was way smoother that the Flex. It was quieter too. Machine did not feel top heavy at all. It glides very nicely and did not really notice any walking at all.
    Likes Mary B, felixthecat liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Yea !
    Just got done with some test spots, and my Rupes Mini w/ MF pads would stall just getting close to curves.
    If the Compound had more oil or thicker, the pad would stall.
    It did so so with water based.
    I`ve been trying to line up my products for a total detail on my daily.
    Looks like a forced rotation Rupes will be one of those products.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone watched the OG/ Rupes training videos? Its actually pretty informative on the Mille and their other tools. I am debating between the Mille and the Rotary(lh19e). Interesting with the Mille they state that they re-engineered the compounds/ polishes to be more oily/ more lubrication otherwise it can get quite grabby on the panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mqQtaQKvvs&t=2675s

Mary - Interesting you have had the Mini and MF pads stall on you close to edges/ curves? Is this after heavy pad use or with new pads? Do you prime the pads or just a few drops? I have not had the issue but I generally do not prime the pads and use 3 pea sized drops. I do find I need to change the pad out way more often since MF just seems to like to hold on to residue/ product even blowing out with compressed air. Have you tried the new Rupes wool pads? I bought a bunch in 5inch and 3 inch to try as I hear they work much better than the MF pads but do potentially leave more marring.

in one of the videos Jason Rose also mentioned the Ibrid and Mini work better with Foam and Wool which is why they have the wool pads in 1" and 2" but not the MF pads.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about buying a Mille and even had all of my gift certificates ready to go, then I watched one of Rupes own videos comparing the 15 and the Mille. The guy doing the comparison said that if you were getting good results with the 15 that there was no reason to own the Mille. That sealed it for me. I get great results with my 15/21/mini combo. It’s fun to get new tools, but I was hoping the Mille would be an upgrade to what I already owned, but the Rupes experts talked me out of it!
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I thought about buying a Mille and even had all of my gift certificates ready to go, then I watched one of Rupes own videos comparing the 15 and the Mille. The guy doing the comparison said that if you were getting good results with the 15 that there was no reason to own the Mille. That sealed it for me. I get great results with my 15/21/mini combo. It’s fun to get new tools, but I was hoping the Mille would be an upgrade to what I already owned, but the Rupes experts talked me out of it!
    Yeah I already have the Flex3401 and I get the Mille is smoother/ newer and the differences but not sure it warrants me purchasing one. As you mentioned I also get great results with the long throw combo. The 21 mk2 with the 5inch kamikaze backing plate is my go to. For edge work I am reaching for my Mini and Nano anyway. It`s making more and more sense that I need to add a rotary to my arsenal and get practice with that to make my detailing game complete.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Has anyone watched the OG/ Rupes training videos? Its actually pretty informative on the Mille and their other tools. I am debating between the Mille and the Rotary(lh19e). Interesting with the Mille they state that they re-engineered the compounds/ polishes to be more oily/ more lubrication otherwise it can get quite grabby on the panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mqQtaQKvvs&t=2675s

Mary - Interesting you have had the Mini and MF pads stall on you close to edges/ curves? Is this after heavy pad use or with new pads? Do you prime the pads or just a few drops? I have not had the issue but I generally do not prime the pads and use 3 pea sized drops. I do find I need to change the pad out way more often since MF just seems to like to hold on to residue/ product even blowing out with compressed air. Have you tried the new Rupes wool pads? I bought a bunch in 5inch and 3 inch to try as I hear they work much better than the MF pads but do potentially leave more marring.

in one of the videos Jason Rose also mentioned the Ibrid and Mini work better with Foam and Wool which is why they have the wool pads in 1" and 2" but not the MF pads.
    Raydiant

I was using new MF pads, but I DID prime them ! Wow I will try 3 drops next. Thanks.
    I also used LC blue foamed wool, the mini liked those with some marring on the curves tho ?
    I have not tried the Rupes wool only LC lambswool foamed which stalled, but the LC Extra cut was better (just wool & velcro)
    The mini purred like a kitten w/ white pad & finish polish.
    I`m going to crank her up to 5-6 see if that helps on curves. (want some of those new Rupes wool too

Post Thanks / Like

i currently have the gg6 and for versatility I was leaning towards getting into a forced rotation machine as i do wide varieties of cars and now getting into boats. I do have a bunch of lake country pads and a couple aios i use. I understand how the rupes platform works (pads/products for their machines) and i think the mille would be a great investment instead of the 3401 (as lake country pads work great with this) and then i`ll invest in a longthrow 21mm the following year. can anyone advise me on any problems or any thoughts to just burning through my aios/lake country pads with the new mille untill i can reinvest into rupes pads etc etc?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information