Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who has bought into the system?

Just curious. I have had my Rupes 21 for a few years now but I never actually bought the compounds/polishes or the pads (mostly because of the cost). Ive also noticed that you don`t see too many people talking about actually using the Rupes polishers with their pads and chems. Many posts I see where a Rupes polisher was used, people tend to use their own preference of compounds, polishes, and pads.

How many have actually started where we all should have really (IMO) with the entire Rupes lineup? What has been your experience and are you still using it? If not, why?

I ask because I just ordered all the 8.4oz bottles of the compounds and polishes because I want to know if it really is about as idiot proof as it can get. Sometimes I don`t like playing around with test spots and matching up pads and polishes and finding that certain abrasives aren`t DA friendly and all. Ill be using my uro tec pads for now since I ordered 24 of them this past winter on a hell of a sale, but when they wear out I think ill go ahead and dive into the rupes pads too

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who has bought into the system?

I have all the Rupes polishes and pads. They all work very well. I have played around with all of them. The UHS system is usually my test spot and I`ll adjust from there.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

ShaneB, seems to me like I see alot more talk on the forums about the Griot`s Boss system being used together far more then the Rupes system with the Rupes polisher. Kinda surprised we don`t hear more talk of the Rupes sytem being used.

Post Thanks / Like

I found the rupes compound to be extremely dusty, creating a big mess!
    Likes The Driver, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I agree, far too messy.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I tired them when they first became available and just wasn`t impressed, I also found them to be dusty. The yellow pads are solid though and still get used occasionally. Honestly, I try to look past the marketing of "to get the best results it needs to be used as a system" and just use what works best for me.

Likes mikejames liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have all the pads and all the colored polishes (even uhs)

I like the uhs pads but I like the urotech maroon ones better

I like the yellow and white polish but I find the green and especially blue dusted too much for my liking... possibly user error but I finished up the bottle and decided not to repurchase it since I have a tiny blue bottle in my nano ibird kit

I use the yellow pads all the time with various polishes and if the green ones are not shredding all over the place, they are also one of my fav pads but like I said I like the maroon urotech ones better

if you told me I had to stick with ONE rupes setup,,, it`d be UHS+UHS pads

oh I have their micro discs too which are pretty nice to use but I don`t do a lot of heavy compounding as most people don`t want to pay me what I fee my time is worth doing that

Brandt K.
    Likes Mbkite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I want to say, it`s the only way I`ve used my Rupes 21. As a system. Haven`t used it too much though. I`ll (eventually) post some pics of some work I did using the Rupes system.

I didn`t find any issues with the polishes/pads, *except* when polishing up against a raised edge. Example, I recently propped my hood open (I usually don`t) and polished along the edge. I noticed there was dusting on the bumper side of the hood. Nowhere else. That was where the hood edge was higher than the bumper (you know, cuz it`s propped open??)

Anyway, I don`t use the system much, nor the 21. I like the stuff just fine, but I only have a a handful of pads and the smaller bottles, so I don`t want to go do an entire car with them. No, I`d much prefer to do a panel here and a panel there, so I can get a feel for it on various paints.

I do have the bigger bottle of the UHS and more UHS pads, however, and plan to use them more.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used my Rupes as a system and it works pretty good. I`m not a fan of the blue pad with the blue compound, but maybe I didn`t give it a fair chance. The yellow pad and polish is an absolute favorite. I like to use a Meg`s microfiber to cut with and that`s the main reason I don`t use the blue. I had some problems with the blue and green pads on the mini and it makes me not want to buy any more. I think anyone starting off with the Rupes should try it as a system to see how they like it, then try other stuff to play around with.
    Likes Mikek9965 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail
    ...I use the yellow pads all the time with various polishes and if the green ones are not shredding all over the place, they are also one of my fav pads...
    I too have found that the green ones seem to shred...However, they also (for me) work very well.
    I must admit there has been a "few" paints that only behaved VERY well with the Rupes green pads.

That being the case, if it works I use it! I just factor in the fact that the green pad is done after that vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikejames View Post
    ShaneB, seems to me like I see alot more talk on the forums about the Griot`s Boss system being used together far more then the Rupes system with the Rupes polisher. Kinda surprised we don`t hear more talk of the Rupes system being used.
    I tried the Boss Correcting Cream and I was not impressed with the results...maybe it was the paint, maybe it was me...but yes, it didn`t dust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I too have found that the green ones seem to shred...However, they also (for me) work very well.
    I must admit there has been a "few" paints that only behaved VERY well with the Rupes green pads.

That being the case, if it works I use it! I just factor in the fact that the green pad is done after that vehicle.
    I have a set green pads from when I first bought my duetto and those are horrible but I purchased a few more about a year after that and someone traded me for some last year and those are perfect they don`t shred at all

i guess theyre from different batches or something

Brandt K.
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I have a set green pads from when I first bought my duetto and those are horrible but I purchased a few more about a year after that and someone traded me for some last year and those are perfect they don`t shred at all

Thanks for the heads up. I just purchased a few more green ones I`ll let you know how they last.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Oddly enough, I just experienced that. I was working on a carbon fiber hood last week. Blue took care of the rough stuff. Followed up with green. Green was looking decent. I followed up with yellow....and it was a step backwards. D`OH.

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Just received some UHS pads and noticed they have "Batch" numbers printed on the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had heard before that their compounds have a super long work time but if they are dusting up I`d assume the opposite. I`ll play around with them but continue to experiment with other products I guess still.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information