Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who has bought into the system?

I really like their microfiber pads and use them quite a bit. Found their polishes to be pretty solid.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m somewhat new to the rupes system. I`ve only used yellow/white pads/polish and had great results, plenty of working time with min dusting. Pads appear to still be in good shape after 2 cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Me. I`ve bought into the system 100%. So much I`ll use Rupes polishes w/ 3" pads (don`t have the Mini - use a PC).

I can`t think of anything more dummy proof than the Rupes system. Like, maybe if you are a pro and work on these jacked up cars it may pay to play with different stuff..

But for me, I get excellent, predictable, easy results with the Rupes stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried Green, yellow, and white w/pads.
    They are definitely polishes, had to go over and over just to remove light swirling.
    Paint was very glossy, with swirls.
    The Keramik w/yellow pad ended up being the one I started to reach for, some dust, but
    nice work time, easy wipe off. The pad contoured wonderfully with some pressure.
    Had some trouble wiping off Diamond, but the gloss it brings. Outstanding !
    Likes The Driver, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s what i plan on doing. I just got my order in which includes the Rupes 15 mark II bundle pack. 1st time using a polisher. ill use the rupes pads and products 1st then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I`ve used my Rupes as a system and it works pretty good. I`m not a fan of the blue pad with the blue compound, but maybe I didn`t give it a fair chance. The yellow pad and polish is an absolute favorite. I like to use a Meg`s microfiber to cut with and that`s the main reason I don`t use the blue. I had some problems with the blue and green pads on the mini and it makes me not want to buy any more. I think anyone starting off with the Rupes should try it as a system to see how they like it, then try other stuff to play around with.
    2010 Mercedes Benz GLK350 4matic
    2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi
    2006 Mazda Speed 6 (
    Sold)
    1994 Mazda Rx-7 (
    Sold)
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the system, and absolutely love it.

Once I figured out how to prime and reload the pads, it significantly cut down on dust, and increased results (cut/finish).

I could probably get by with just the the blue, grey, and yellow combos.

I do notice that the green, grey, and white gel compounds don`t like to wash out of pads as well as the blue and yellow will.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlc95 View Post

Once I figured out how to prime and reload the pads, it significantly cut down on dust, and increased results (cut/finish).

I could probably get by with just the the blue, grey, and yellow combos.

I do notice that the green, grey, and white gel compounds don`t like to wash out of pads as well as the blue and yellow will.
    I think you`ve hit on the one BIG FACTOR in all of this about using a particular pad-n-polish system: it`s about experience to develop a "proper" user-technique for a manufacturer`s pads and compound/polishing products. That`s one thing I REALLY get out of this forum: fellow Autopians sharing that information.
    Now can I duplicate a technique? NO! That`s where trial-and-error and practicing it (actually doing it) come into play. At least I know what may work or what NOT to use or do with certain products.
    Every detailer, whether pro or hobbyist, has their likes or dislikes of products gained from personal experience. What someone HATES (like me with early M105 that dusts too much) some else may LOVE because they know how to work around with it or have found some work-around or alternate method (like combining M105 with Megs Ultimate Compound or D300 and spritzes of water), so they achieve the results they want.

There is also the variable of the type of polishing machine someone may be using. Rotary versus long-throw dual-action versus forced rotation versus Cyclo: take your pick. What works with a rotary probably will not work with a LT-DA. So you have that apple-and-oranges comparison to contend with as well. Add to that the plethora of pads construction types and foam hardness/softness combinations, is it any wonder newbies coming into detailing with the new LT-DA they just purchased, have a hard time figuring out what to do and what works and what does not. I would say that`s also one of the reasons manufacture`s have developed their pad-n-polish systems: trying to remove the guess work of trial-and-error.
    Now do they work??? That`s what this thread is all about and from the posts presented here, you can draw your own conclusions!
    GB detailer
    Likes danlc95 liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! What you said !

Post Thanks / Like

The only caveat of the system is the cost. You need a 15 / 21 + a mini or some type of PC...

This costs significantly more than just getting a DA with various BPs & pads.

TBH, you don`t need the Rupes mini if you are just a hobby detailer. You do need some type of 8mm throw DA w/ a 3" plate though.

To be honest, I think I would prefer a shorter throw in the tight areas that require a 3" pad...Maybe Rupes should make a competitively priced 8mm throw DA that works with standard BPs...

$189....Would sell like hot cakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I just buy them all, as pro I use everything. 21, 15, 18, 12, Mini, Nano + Flex PE`s. They all serve purpose and sometimes reflect the polishing mood I`m in. These machines save me tens if not hundreds of hours a year, if I was to be using something less adequate I would go crazy.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlc95 View Post

What is the best way to prime a RUPES pad?
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    This should help

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-polisher.html
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Jaddie liked this post
    Thanks Jaddie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gR8puD3Mko8
    Likes Jaddie liked this post
    Thanks Jaddie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Guz & dan!

I have Mike`s RUPES book but I can`t find it. If it were an electronic book or iBook, I`d be able to find it.

No wonder I was delaminating all those pads. I was loading them up with too much polish.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)
    Likes danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For the foam pads, I prime following the demonstration Dylan did in the video. Very similar to what I had been doing, but what saved me was less product on the reload.

On microfiber pads, starting around the outside edge of the slot blade - on the fabric, I lay out a very thin bead of product, and "draw" it to the center. I follow this process until I work my way around the pad. I reload with two or three dots.

For the three inch microfiber I usually just start with three dots, and reload with one or two.

I clean the pad after every section using a pad cleaning brush. If I`m doing it right, the fibers (on the blue pad especially) aren`t matting down too much. If they are, I`m using too much product. With the tool turned on, I lightly let my brush graze the pad, knocking the dust off of it. When I`m at a shop with air, I`ll blow it out every other panel or so, and it gets really clean.

Rupes recently "updated" their microfiber pads. I`m guessing they`ll be closer to the megs pads.

I got used to those blue and yellow Rupes microfiber pads, so I`ve been stocking up. I sure will miss them. When all is said and done I should have 40 each 3", and 5" blue and yellow Rupes Microfiber pads... If I get a 21, I`ll have to source the 6"...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information