Post Thanks / Like

Is LHR15 Mk II + Duetto +Mini pointless?

Just recently got the 15, quite enamored with it, the whole Rupes system for that matter. Still a ways to go on technique to maximize effectiveness but it`s really a treat nonetheless.

The recent gift certificate sales have left me in a place where I could add a Duetto and a Mini to the group for about $465 in `real` money spent. Is this just dumb and redundant? I certainly ain`t no pro, usually about 20-25 cars a season at no charge but rather just for fun.

Thinking 15 on hood/trunk/roof, Duetto on vertical panels cuz it`s lighter, easier to work in those areas, Mini for the tight spots.

Looking mostly for speed, effectiveness and comfort during the job...

Still have the `ol GG6 too.

Maybe just caught up in Sale Mania...but if you were a Pro where time is money, would it be a reasonable approach? Time isn`t money too me but laziness is...just want the best results with best (least) amount of un-needed/wasted effort.

And it would help if PBMG would quit running all these sales...protect me from myself and all.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is LHR15 Mk II + Duetto +Mini pointless?

If you do this and make money at it, buy both. I`ve never regretted buying any Rupes machine.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Duetto is on my maybe list too.
    Definitely buy the mini.
    I own the 15,21 and mini.
    If the 15 can`t get where I want the mini works fine for me.
    The 21 I use on neglected cars.
    I totally agree with Driver though, no regrets on any Rupes!

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the Nano, gonna pick up the Mini in a couple months if these jobs start coming in and then I`ll grab the MKII 15 when I have some extra money laying around, or next Christmas if they have the gift card sales again.

Ended up going with the nano cause I went to get so scratches out of my front bumper and my HF polisher with 3" pad wouldn`t fit and figured that the mini would be the same height.

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1- I`d be surprised if the 15 and Mini didn`t cover the middle ground and render the Duetto unnecessary. Unless I`m missig something, don`t really know from the Duetto.

Noting that I just got a Mini HD for Christmas, I`d be looking into the Nano.

Post Thanks / Like

The Duetto might be redundant. I like the 21, 15, Mini, Nano setup. The 21 for flat surfaces, 15 for sides, Mini for bumpers, and Nano for exterior tight spots and interior cleaning.
    Likes Wing Commander liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the gen 1, 15 and .21 and mini. Plus the long Neck Nano. That are the best. The mini is the most used.
    Likes CerceS550 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the Mini is a pretty worthwhile item. As for the Duetto, the thinking currently is that it`s a bit easier on vertical panels. Seems like using the 15 on vertical panels I have a tendency to not keep the pad flat due to the length of the tool; I`m putting more `hold` on the front (most often) resulting in a forward tip. More leverage with the longer chassis/handle amplify any inputs at the handle end.

Thinking that the Duetto with its PC like chassis will be more `natural` to keep flat due to its somewhat smaller size/form factor and ergonomics the generally keeps one hand directly over the pad.

In the end, trying to take as much `flawed idiot` as possible outta the process.

Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Sounds like the Mini is a pretty worthwhile item. As for the Duetto, the thinking currently is that it`s a bit easier on vertical panels. Seems like using the 15 on vertical panels I have a tendency to not keep the pad flat due to the length of the tool; I`m putting more `hold` on the front (most often) resulting in a forward tip. More leverage with the longer chassis/handle amplify any inputs at the handle end.

Thinking that the Duetto with its PC like chassis will be more `natural` to keep flat due to its somewhat smaller size/form factor and ergonomics the generally keeps one hand directly over the pad.

In the end, trying to take as much `flawed idiot` as possible outta the process.

For sure, couldn`t do that w/ a 3401. I to like the pc style machines, but might get a 15. For sure a mkll if I go that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got $350 to spend.
    Got a 15,21, mini.
    Master blaster sidekick, master blaster.
    Do I go for a Duetto or something else?

HELP!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

ShawnF350- Limiting the discussion to polishers, I`d just bank that and save up for the Nano.

I`m resisting the temptation to go on an !I love the Cyclo! rant because a) I seem to be rare in my undying appreciation of the thing; don`t want to waste your money since you might not feel the same about it, and b) you don`t really (IMO) need any more polishers.
    Likes CerceS550, ShawnF350 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just really wish the Nano was offered without the batteries. (I inquired about it to Rupes, but that`s a NO) Unless your using a tool often, I just hate rechargeables.
    Just a cordless drill is a must for any homeowner.
    And the cyclo isn`t out of the question except buying different pads makes it a tough buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Just a cordless drill is a must for any homeowner...
    Yeah, I`m always amazed when people don`t have tools that I consider basic necessities but many don`t.

And the cyclo isn`t out of the question except buying different pads makes it a tough buy.
    With Rupes owning CycloToolmakers and also selling 4" pads for their Mini, it might work out better than you`d expect. Not like they use pads that`re "dedicated-to-Cyclos" or anything, and they sell both regular and low-profile 4" pads for them so a Rupes-Cyclo compatibility wouldn`t surprise me at all (in fact, I`m sorta counting on it). The folks at Rupes describe the Cyclo as a "long-throw" so (some of) the same pads oughta work for both.
    Thanks ShawnF350 thanked for this post

Thread Information