Post Thanks / Like

Rupes iBrid Nano - motor turns on but not spinning in rotary or DA mode?

Hi Folks,

Just received my iBrid Nano Long Neck the other day and decided to test it out tonight as I had some time. Was super excited to test it out.
    Charged both batteries fully. Only took about 15-20 min which is pretty fast. Tool itself looks and feels awesome.

I seem to be having an issue and I am not sure if its just me or may be its defective? (I am on literally 0 sleep as we just had a newborn baby so it very well could just be me lol)

Well, I attached the 12mm DA and the 2in backing plate. The machine turns on properly. When I engage the trigger I hear the motor running but the head does not spin at all. I also tried in rotary mode as well. I can hear the motor but nothing is spinning. I checked the locking mechanism to make sure it was not engaged or stuck and it is not.

Anyone else experience this? Does it seem like a defect or just user error?

Thank you any help would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes iBrid Nano - motor turns on but not spinning in rotary or DA mode?

I would definitely contact rupes directly or the vendor who you purchased from.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is the same issue someone else had when they first got theirs

you should be hearing a little click when its attached/engaged properly (todd explained this better in a previous post)

I could be wrong but I am thinking that might be it

Brandt K.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Hi Folks,

Just received my iBrid Nano Long Neck the other day and decided to test it out tonight as I had some time. Was super excited to test it out.
    Charged both batteries fully. Only took about 15-20 min which is pretty fast. Tool itself looks and feels awesome.

I seem to be having an issue and I am not sure if its just me or may be its defective? (I am on literally 0 sleep as we just had a newborn baby so it very well could just be me lol)

Well, I attached the 12mm DA and the 2in backing plate. The machine turns on properly. When I engage the trigger I hear the motor running but the head does not spin at all. I also tried in rotary mode as well. I can hear the motor but nothing is spinning. I checked the locking mechanism to make sure it was not engaged or stuck and it is not.

Anyone else experience this? Does it seem like a defect or just user error?

Thank you any help would be appreciated!
    hope this helps - if not still good info to have

Nano issue or user is a dummy=

Brandt K.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Purchased from Autopia I know I am in good hands. I will contact customer service Monday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    hope this helps - if not still good info to have

Nano issue or user is a dummy=
    Thanks! So I don`t think it is that same issue sadly, I tried again. My attachments screw in all the way. The locking mechanism is not active and is disengaged and it just doesnt spin. I tried spinning it by hand to make sure and it moved freely.

Post Thanks / Like

It may be user error. I don`t have one, but there is a new thread over on AG about the rotary function and the 2 inch pad. Again, I don`t have one, but check out the AG Forum for more help and keep us updated. I plan on getting one as soon as the long neck version gets back in stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    It may be user error. I don`t have one, but there is a new thread over on AG about the rotary function and the 2 inch pad. Again, I don`t have one, but check out the AG Forum for more help and keep us updated. I plan on getting one as soon as the long neck version gets back in stock.
    The 2 inch pad doesn`t work in rotary mode. They made it that way for a reason. I remember Todd or Dylan talking about why on either forum. Can`t remember off the top of my head though?

There is a way to cheat it and make the 2" pad work in rotary mode, but I don`t recommend it.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, really appreciate everyones feedback and help.
    I will snap some pics of how I am setting it up. Maybe take a quick video as well.

iBrid - Album on Imgur

https://youtu.be/YqsgirpMioc

Post Thanks / Like

This would be my starting point

Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it isn`t engaging. I definitely would contact ACC about it.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Spokes to Rupes Customer Service and Steven from Rupes (Great guy).
    It looks like some of the long necks are having this issue with an internal connector coming loose which stops the head from spinning when the machine is engaged.
    Short story, fantastic service, they are sending me a brand new kit.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, XxBoostinxX liked this post
    Thanks XxBoostinxX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for following up on your post. I`m sure it will help as this new tool gets into more hands.

Post Thanks / Like

I came home yesterday to find the package from Rupes waiting for me by my garage. I looked like a fool with this big grin on my face. Took it out of the box. Plugged it in and wooooohhoooooo its working! I have a black 128i coming in for a single stage correction (car was recently painted a few months ago due to an accident) this weekend and I can`t wait to try it out. Super excited. Rupes customer service is on point.
    Likes Ronkh, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Had same problem with my short neck. I also got the great service direct from Rupes USA (I`m in Canada). They even had a new polisher sent from Italy directly to my Canadian address I even got an appology from the President of Rupes USA. Can`t beat that for customer service. Since I had a new one I took the one that didn`t work apart. What I found was there are two plastic cogs that connect the motor to the drive shaft on the head. They were both male and therefore would not engage (need male/female contact to spin). I`m going to try glueing them together once I get some time off from using my Nano (love it by the way).
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Thread Information