View Poll Results: How much do you think the BigFoot Nano cost?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • $200-$299

5 9.26%
  • $300-$399

8 14.81%
  • $400-$499

14 25.93%
  • $500-$599

17 31.48%
  • $600-$699

8 14.81%
  • $700-$799

2 3.70%
  • $800+

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much do you think the BigFoot Nano will cost?

With all due respect, I am a big rupes fan. I own and love my mini and 15. I would not pay more than 299 for the tool and heads batteries and a few pads. Ditch the bag and polishes if they are bulking up the price.

I think you need to sell this to more than just the top tier pro to make it profitable.

I hope it works out for you and I hope I can get one. If not I will be stuck with swirled up interior wood trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    I`ll put this to bed now rather than allow speculation to run rampant - keep in mind we are also discussing a hypothetical kit here. Not all the specifics have been 100% settled and even based on some of the unique applications that were suggested at SEMA there may be a few more items added.

Anticipated release date - sometime around March.
    Anticipated price for the kit - between $500 and $600

Now before anyone balks at that, you might want to understand the full scope of what the kit is to include:

• Bigfoot Nano tool (long or short neck configuration - this is not interchangeable)
    • 2 batteries
    • Charger
    • Powered adapter
    • 3 movement heads (12mm orbit, 3mm orbit, rotary)
    • Specialized wrench for head changes
    • 2 hook/loop backing plate sizes
    • sanding interface pad
    • 150ml Coarse (Zephyr) compound
    • 150ml Fine (Keramik) compound
    • blue foam pads in 2 sizes
    • yellow foam pads in 2 sizes
      • NOTE: pads included are sleeves of 4 or 5 each color and size
    • sanding discs
    • multiple brush attachments (4 or 5 if my count is correct)
    • The custom foam lined carrying bag

And this is just the kit as it was shown at SEMA, there are other items suggested for inclusion. A lot of things are still TBD until we get closer to launch.

Again - these figures and inclusions are all pre-production. Things could change, and of course there will be individual component pricing eventually - but considering the specialty nature of the tool it almost REQUIRES the kit - how else are you going to get all the specialized attachments? Its not as if there is an existing aftermarket for this tool. Component pricing comes in more once the tools are in use and you need more of the consumable items.

I`d also point out that there are many assumptions being made by people who haven`t seen, touched, used the tool in person. Over and over and over again during the last 4 days people were flabbergasted by the power this little tool was pumping out, especially in battery mode. This is not a toy-like polisher... its a pretty serious little tool capable of doing a lot of things. Innovation comes at a premium. The R&D, engineering, startup manufacturing... all these things carry overhead. Much like detailers think its silly when people expect them to do `full details` for $50 - this side of the business feels its silly to suggest a unique, specialized tool that solves so many problems in such an effective way should be priced like a cordless drill.

Out of the box certainly the idea of polishing those hard to reach or tight/compact spaces is one thing. But with the brushes and in battery mode this is a steering wheel, shift knob, arm rest scrubbing dynamo! Need to polish wood interior trim, done. How about de-nib or touchup work for guys who are completely mobile. Attach a 3mm head with the sanding disc, cut down a paint touchup or nib, then swap to 12mm and buff out the haze. Headlight restoration, wheel polishing, wheel cleaning, engine bay detail work, exhaust tips, motorcycles, boats... the ideas that we had, and those suggested by the users over 4 days make this one of the most versatile tools to ever enter the detailing market.

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys can keep the price under $1000 here in Australia, that would be great.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like shopping for a Ferrari "if you have to ask how much it costs, you can`t afford it"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    With all due respect, I am a big rupes fan. I own and love my mini and 15. I would not pay more than 299 for the tool and heads batteries and a few pads. Ditch the bag and polishes if they are bulking up the price.

I think you need to sell this to more than just the top tier pro to make it profitable.

I hope it works out for you and I hope I can get one. If not I will be stuck with swirled up interior wood trim.

Every person is going to have different needs, and not every tool is ideal for every demographic. It`s going to come down to many personal/individual needs and wants. For all the pros we`ve talked to they can easily justify the price. The versatility and efficiency it offers allows the tool to quickly pay for itself. For end users and lower volume guys it`s more of a consideration.

In terms of profitability, with all due respect, no one outside our company is in a position to determine that as there is no way you could possibly know the overhead involved or the cost to manufacuture the product. We have a team of very smart people, many with extensive experience in the marketing and sale of tools, that make decisions on pricing that`s appropriate for the market - we don`t invent prices without consideration of all the factors.

in any event, when individual component pricing is available we hope you`ll add to your RUPES collection with a nano to some degree. If you can`t justify the cost for your individual situation we`ll certainly understand. We appreciate that you use some of our tools - not everyone will use all of them. We appreciate ANY user who chooses our product, whether it`s 5 tools or just 1.

Post Thanks / Like

The deal breaker for me is what cells are you guys using, 18650 or 22650? CR123`s are out of the question for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent question, and one I don`t have an answer for at this exact moment. Let me find out for you - most of the team is somewhere between Vegas and their office at the moment, once everything settles down I`m sure I can verify what cells we are using

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Yeah bud, but bare with me because I just might be rambling. ...[I might]..have to spend the extra time which lengthens my detail. I`m just not sure if that trade off is good/bad yet and probably won`t know until I try one. Do you understand what I am trying to get at?
    OK, yeah...I kinda figured that was where you were coming from. I never know which way Autopian Pros are gonna go on topics like this..seems like it`s either "I make cars so perfect there`s *nothing* left undone!" or else "I can`t worry about stuff like that, my customers don`t care anyhow".

As a non-Pro, I always feel like I do need to do *everything*, but various factors sometimes prevent it. A tool like this might help me handle something I wouldn`t take time for otherwise.

Now I`m just rambling too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercraft241
    I believe he was being sarcastic...
    Not so much sarcastic, but rather...uhm, wondering when knowingly leaving something undone is Autopian-Kosher or not and whether this tool could make some such work easier to manage time/effort-wise.

This is like a Commercial-Grade version of Bill D using a cordless toothbrush to do under-car stuff.
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dylan, I appreciate getting an idea of what we might expect. I believe that I`m an informed, realistic consumer. I personally kept Snap-On in business for a decade and was able to declare my dealer as a legal dependent come tax time. Quality tools cost money and in the end you get what you pay for. That said, I was surprised to see the "6" number mentioned. Even so, I look forward to seeing in once it`s available.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Too rich for my blood, I`m out, it is a nice tool for detailers with deep pockets.
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    Excellent question, and one I don`t have an answer for at this exact moment. Let me find out for you - most of the team is somewhere between Vegas and their office at the moment, once everything settles down I`m sure I can verify what cells we are using
    Thank you, from what it appears, just my guess though is they are indeed 18650`s. The charger an battery packs look almost identical to my Bosch PS series packs an charger. Still I`d like to be 100% on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    Too rich for my blood, I`m out, it is a nice tool for detailers with deep pockets.
    Kinda where I`m at at the moment. Awesome tool though.

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope it`s 399.99$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mamut View Post
    I really hope it`s 399.99$
    Dyan said he expects between the $500 - $600 range for the whole kit (which is still being determined).
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Dylan@RUPES liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can see 500-600.. Split the middle 549.99.. I will still purchase becasue I can see me using most likely weekely basis.. By the time spring rolls around I get the boys looking to get their Harley`s detailed and ready for riding season. I can see this being a great tool for polishing out the watch scratches on wood interior trims or interior defects in general.. Maybe try my hand in modding a 3m wetsand disk to 1inch for precision wet sanding.
    Craig Embro
    KosmetikWerks Pro Detail
    Likes GearHead_1, Dylan@RUPES liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I see it saving me time in the door shuts and the like,and I can use that time to give the extra effort to the areas that I currently find tedious,but love to go after,as for the price its where I was expecting it to be,is it worth it, well at the moment theres nothing to compare it to,based on the reports from Todd and Dylan that it has that much power on battery, because I have tried others and they fell down on that front straight away and ended up in the bin,count me in,
    Likes Dylan@RUPES liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information