View Poll Results: How much do you think the BigFoot Nano cost?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • $200-$299

5 9.26%
  • $300-$399

8 14.81%
  • $400-$499

14 25.93%
  • $500-$599

17 31.48%
  • $600-$699

8 14.81%
  • $700-$799

2 3.70%
  • $800+

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much do you think the BigFoot Nano cost?

I would guess at high 300`s to low 400`s I just cant see it being more then that because I dont think it would sell we`ll beyond that price point. Also batteries look a lot like Milwaukee 12V system ones.

Edit: if were talking the whole thing in that bag I just saw on AG then 649-699$ that`s a whole lot-ta stuff in that kit.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much do you think the BigFoot Nano cost?

I would realistically expect around 375 for the kit, but in my mind, I don`t think I would pay more than 200 for the kit. I could see it going for 5-550 because of it being one of a kind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much do you think the BigFoot Nano will cost?

the whole kit. $450-550

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

An arm and a leg. Taxes will be your other arm
    Likes trashmanssd, Angus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s going to be $500-$600. Maybe I can get one on a no exclusions sale. Still over $400 for a specialty tool is kind of ridiculous IYAM. I probably won`t own one if I have to pay over $400.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

299 would
    Be the max I could justify

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t care what it costs, I`m in!

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

If this does come in at 400+ mark I`ll probably sell one of my other rupes or flexes or griots to help fun this great tool.

Post Thanks / Like

NO doubt it is a different type of machine. They will never sell the volume that they need at a price point over 299.00 and I`m being generous. The machine and batteries are the money. If its much more than that I cannot see it being a successful item for Rupes and these guys are smart.

Its a good idea, nice technology, but its a detailing tool.
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post
    Thanks XxBoostinxX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    NO doubt it is a different type of machine. They will never sell the volume that they need at a price point over 299.00 and I`m being generous. The machine and batteries are the money. If its much more than that I cannot see it being a successful item for Rupes and these guys are smart.

Its a good idea, nice technology, but its a detailing tool.
    This is how I feel about it as well. Especially when there are cheaper options available like the Kompakt that polish small areas as well.

I think the biggest question is whether or not we really need to polish the areas where we weren`t getting before.

I highly doubt I would use the attachments and it would probably stay in orbital mode. The biggest selling point is that it`s wireless. I hate dealing with cords.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    I think the biggest question is whether or not we really need to polish the areas where we weren`t getting before..
    You lost me there...could you explain?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    You lost me there...could you explain?
    Yeah bud, but bare with me because I just might be rambling. Lol.

I was just referring to tight areas of vehicles that are really tough to get. I can remember times where I just didn`t polish a particular area to its fullest because I couldn`t get to by machine or polish it good enough by hand. With the nano I probably could of done both, and that is extra work I now need to do. So is it worth it to spend the extra time and polish those areas or is it more of a hassle now because I have to spend the extra time which lengthens my detail. I`m just not sure if that trade off is good/bad yet and probably won`t know until I try one. Do you understand what I am trying to get at?

Likes Angus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Yeah bud, but bare with me because I just might be rambling. Lol.

I was just referring to tight areas of vehicles that are really tough to get. I can remember times where I just didn`t polish a particular area to its fullest because I couldn`t get to by machine or polish it good enough by hand. With the nano I probably could of done both, and that is extra work I now need to do. So is it worth it to spend the extra time and polish those areas or is it more of a hassle now because I have to spend the extra time which lengthens my detail. I`m just not sure if that trade off is good/bad yet and probably won`t know until I try one. Do you understand what I am trying to get at?
    I believe he was being sarcastic. Either way this tool is for the on the side detailer who enjoys it as a hobby, like a snowboard you buy with a bag and bindings as one set. I don`t think they`re marketing it to the professionals who probably already have a mini and air compressor. I`ll probably be a buyer at any price point under $550 because like everyone mentioned it`s still just a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll put this to bed now rather than allow speculation to run rampant - keep in mind we are also discussing a hypothetical kit here. Not all the specifics have been 100% settled and even based on some of the unique applications that were suggested at SEMA there may be a few more items added.

Anticipated release date - sometime around March.
    Anticipated price for the kit - between $500 and $600

Now before anyone balks at that, you might want to understand the full scope of what the kit is to include:

• Bigfoot Nano tool (long or short neck configuration - this is not interchangeable)
    • 2 batteries
    • Charger
    • Powered adapter
    • 3 movement heads (12mm orbit, 3mm orbit, rotary)
    • Specialized wrench for head changes
    • 2 hook/loop backing plate sizes
    • sanding interface pad
    • 150ml Coarse (Zephyr) compound
    • 150ml Fine (Keramik) compound
    • blue foam pads in 2 sizes
    • yellow foam pads in 2 sizes
      • NOTE: pads included are sleeves of 4 or 5 each color and size
    • sanding discs
    • multiple brush attachments (4 or 5 if my count is correct)
    • The custom foam lined carrying bag

And this is just the kit as it was shown at SEMA, there are other items suggested for inclusion. A lot of things are still TBD until we get closer to launch.

Again - these figures and inclusions are all pre-production. Things could change, and of course there will be individual component pricing eventually - but considering the specialty nature of the tool it almost REQUIRES the kit - how else are you going to get all the specialized attachments? Its not as if there is an existing aftermarket for this tool. Component pricing comes in more once the tools are in use and you need more of the consumable items.

I`d also point out that there are many assumptions being made by people who haven`t seen, touched, used the tool in person. Over and over and over again during the last 4 days people were flabbergasted by the power this little tool was pumping out, especially in battery mode. This is not a toy-like polisher... its a pretty serious little tool capable of doing a lot of things. Innovation comes at a premium. The R&D, engineering, startup manufacturing... all these things carry overhead. Much like detailers think its silly when people expect them to do `full details` for $50 - this side of the business feels its silly to suggest a unique, specialized tool that solves so many problems in such an effective way should be priced like a cordless drill.

Out of the box certainly the idea of polishing those hard to reach or tight/compact spaces is one thing. But with the brushes and in battery mode this is a steering wheel, shift knob, arm rest scrubbing dynamo! Need to polish wood interior trim, done. How about de-nib or touchup work for guys who are completely mobile. Attach a 3mm head with the sanding disc, cut down a paint touchup or nib, then swap to 12mm and buff out the haze. Headlight restoration, wheel polishing, wheel cleaning, engine bay detail work, exhaust tips, motorcycles, boats... the ideas that we had, and those suggested by the users over 4 days make this one of the most versatile tools to ever enter the detailing market.
    Likes donbeezy, Angus liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you !!!!!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information