Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BigFoot goes NANO: The next REVOLUTION in polishing and detailing - The BigFoot Nano w iBrid Technology

$400 - $500 for the kit is not too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BigFoot goes NANO: The next REVOLUTION in polishing and detailing - The BigFoot Nano w iBrid Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Zelfiris View Post
    I hope it isn`t $500. I am hoping $250-$350. There is the Flex Kompakt it would compete with and it is $210.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    I hope it isn`t $500. I am hoping $250-$350. There is the Flex Kompakt it would compete with and it is $210.
    batt powered w 2 batts?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

450-500 sounds about right.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    batt powered w 2 batts?
    No, obviously not. But it serves a similar purpose and since it does it is directly its competition. My point is why would someone buy the iBrid if it is double the price or more of a Kompakt? Because it is strictly convenience of being wireless? C`mon man. Maybe it is just me, I have a tough time spending $500 just for the convenience.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is one seriously sweet machine... Wow

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, I want one and at the same time I am afraid of the additional time it will add to my detail. There are just too many new places that I can now clean and polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post

Beat at me to it! Literally the first thing I thought once I saw the lithium packs!

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance of a SEMA open box special. Lol. I can dream can`t I?

Post Thanks / Like

That polisher is so.. sexy lol

`two 12 mm sets with either a 30 mm or 50 mm pad backing plates`

I apologize if I`m not getting it. Does that mean two 12 mm sized pads?

This won`t efficiently replace a 15ES or 21ES right? Can the cord be plugged in the entire time while polishing a car (as an option)?
    It will come with a rotary, a 3mm and a 12mm eccentric set. You will be able to fit a 30mm or 50mm backing plate on the 3mm and 12mm sets. OR it will come with 5 sets, a rotary a 3 mm set for 30 mm pads and a 3 mm set for 50 mm pads, and a 12 mm set for 30 mm pads and a 12 mm for 50 mm pads. The tool is still in prototype form so not everything has been finalized. Sorry for the confusion, it is my fault. ]

Uhhhhh

I need this
    Yes Ron, you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    The 12mm is the throw of those 2 backing plates with attachment diameters of 30mm (1.2in) and 50mm (2in). These polishers will be for small and intricate sections of a vehicle or motorcycle.

The backing plates are small so the pads are also small (50mm and 70mm respectively). With that being said, these will not replace the 15ES/21ES but more of an addition to your arsenal of polishers. More tools in your toolbox if you will.
    The pads are going to be 30 mm (1.2 inch) and 50 mm (2 inch). Again, my mistake for a typo. `

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    So the 21ES has 7" pads, the 15ES has 6" pads, the 75E has 4" pads. Then this NANO will have the option for 2" and 2.75" pads.
    1.2 in and 2 inch pads.

Quote Originally Posted by jsou View Post
    I need it....
    Yes!!!

Any idea on how much either kit might cost?
    No, not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by autoconcierge View Post
    Looks like a excellent machine look forward to getting one.
    With your skill level, I am confident you put it to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Pure sex !!!! Another home run from Rupes. Can`t believe it has been 4 years already since the Bigfoot came out.
    Tell me about it. TY!

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    WOW! i am sold on this, looks like a VERY solid investment . I personally Hope/Wish that a version without Batteries is offered though (to offer another price option and for those of us who don`t need the battery function). Either way i am very happy you guys gave the tool the option of being powered via cord. The case/display with all the contents is so nice, i just want to buy it and frame it , but then i wouldn`t get to use the tool

Adding : Autopia Store needs to create a new product link/section called "Shut Up And Take My Money" just for this beauty.
    Initially the tool will be offer in kit form only, but individual parts will be available in time (of course). No idea about a cheaper, battery-less kit, although I will certainly suggest your idea to the powers that be.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTech View Post
    What a time saver, I see up to 30min shaved off in intricate work. The areas I will be able to polish efficiently and the tape I will save with that rotary mode put a smile on my face ��

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    Did I miss the price?
    No, pricing hasn`t been released yet. The tool is still in prototype form so there are some costs to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vega@Autopia View Post
    Not yet. We`re all waiting...

Prices on the Mark II 15 and 21 are out:

LHR15 MarkII $399.99
    LHR21 MarkII $425.00

Anyone want to guess on the Nano?
    The Mk.I tools will continue on, in Apple fashion, at a much lower price point as well. So those who want a low-cost, but high-quality option into the large throw market will be able to go with genuine RUPES products.

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    $450 for nano
    Probably more.

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    Nano in kit form with pads and polishes, my guess $499. But $549 wouldn`t shock me either.
    Not sure, but getting closer I would think. Keep in mind this is a completely new tool that pushes the boundaries far past what has been available previously. A lot of time and engineering went into the development of this tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Agreed, i`m expecting between $400 and $550. It`s gonna hurt.
    I am quite confident that this tool will pay for itself in both time savings and the amount of work now possible to carry out via machine.

that`s my guess too

batts aint cheap
    Technology and innovation is not cheap either, particularly when you consider this is completely ground breaking technology.

Perhaps, I really don`t know.

batt powered w 2 batts?
    And a cord, and 18 pads, and compounds, and brushes, and eccentric kits, and a bag, etc etc etc...

No, obviously not. But it serves a similar purpose and since it does it is directly its competition. My point is why would someone buy the iBrid if it is double the price or more of a Kompakt? Because it is strictly convenience of being wireless? C`mon man. Maybe it is just me, I have a tough time spending $500 just for the convenience.
    While you can put extensions on any rotary and use a small pad, we feel the value in the BigFoot Nano comes from its ability to go into places, at angles, that no other polisher can, in addition to the versatility of having multiple movements and the option of powerful hands-free operation.

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Todd, I want one and at the same time I am afraid of the additional time it will add to my detail. There are just too many new places that I can now clean and polish.
    Good problem to have!

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Beat at me to it! Literally the first thing I thought once I saw the lithium packs!
    Thanks Migue thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

zero chance. This tool is not in production yet so it will not be sold at SEMA. Sorry

Post Thanks / Like

Yes like mentioned above, the small head and narrower design will allow for easier access to smaller areas, sort of reminds me of a Palm air ratchet I had , and this alone has me pretty sold on it and willing to accept the battery addition. Thanks for the reply Todd ,really keeping my eye on this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Am i the only one thinking that it should be called the Littlefoot?
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You`re comparing a stand alone tool with a single movement type and single input power type to a tool with 3 different types of movement, 2 power supply options, and a lower vertical profile. Not to mention the kit will also include a selection of pads, compounds, abrasives, and brushes, PLUS it will include a dedicated carrying case with custom cut foam for transport.

Its a lot more than just convenience - its a completely different segment of tool, one that hasn`t existed before.

Post Thanks / Like

The body is quite similar to some pneumatic tools from the USA, However this is certainly a very nice tool
    I like the changeable sets. Excellent idea regarding corded and cordless. Thanks for throwing rotary in there too

Price in Australia next year for it might be too painful to bare. Bigfoot was 700 here thus why I didn`t buy it.
    The buffing pad aficionado

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information