Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today I detailed an abused 03 black/black Mercedes Benz G55 AMG. It took me about 8 hours to get the car "detailed" to my standard. it is now officially the car I least want to detail !!! Buffing the car was a nightmare !!! Every 6 inches was interupted by either trim, badging, lighting, or other items easily damaged by a rotary buffer !!! I HATE THIS CAR !!!

I still would not "kick her out of my garage for leaking oil" :woot:
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Dean, good to see you around. I was just wondering where you were the other day.

I hate anything with super hard paint! How`s that?
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I do so many black mercedes ranging from clk500s and a ton of SL500s. Its a used car wholesaler that gives me these on about a 5 car a week basis. Today was a land rover that was scratched to death to the point that there had to be wet sanding done on every panel and for some reason the paint seems to be very soft on land rovers.. Yesterday was a charcoal metallic 2002 cl500 that was a baby transporter. Formula and juice stains all over a light tan interior. It didnt help that I had to drive back home (60 miles round trip) to get another PC because the one I had blew a bearing. But seriously..... my most hated car to detail is any car my girlfriend drives. I guess when you date a detailer, you can trash your car on a daily basis...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Full sized GM SUVs. Whoever thought of those idiotic side pockets in the door should be fired. Ever try to clean those out? Tight fit, horrible angles-just a horrible design. And why the holes in the trim at the back end?

Land Cruisers and LX470s are a pain with those 3rd row seat configuration. Dean is right about the G-wagon too. Ugh.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    The freelander I did today was a pain. That plastic all over it is very picky as to what product it likes. The paint was very thin too. Hardest car I`ve done? A 71 Mini. Next time I do a detail on it, I`m going to need the 4 inch pads. The big ones just won`t fit anywhere, and all the little pieces of trim everywhere take forever to get around. Not to mention that the drainage system is horrible, so there are puddles everywhere. Funny, doing a suburban takes me less time.
    danosdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    So far the car I hate to detail the most is the GF`s Mini Cooper S - black trim around the whole car (top and bottom) and it holds water like no tomorrow in every nook and cranny. Add to that the area areound the wipers and it gets my vote as the biggest PITA to detail.

My favourites? Most BMWs - the paint is soft enough to correct easily but not so soft that you marr it with a towel, and most of their cars have no black trim whatsoever so you can just go an d polish everything.

Ben

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    In particular, my least favorite car to detail is one of my customer’s – a GMC Suburban. This behemoth is home to 5 children, is infrequently washed/vacuumed, and spends about 75% of it’s time driving from one after-school sports event to another. This thing is a disaster on wheels! What’s worse, is that the guy is extremely impatient and expects a full detail to last no more than 4 hours. So not only do I have to hire a second hand to help, but he continues to press the one-time, special introductory price I gave him several years ago - $125.

Post Thanks / Like
    Low riding sports cars where the frame is like inches from the ground, a lot of bending over.

Big SUV`s takes an arm & leg to detailer, especially family ones and they want to send how much?

Small suv’s with more trim then paint, roof racks and more curves then Dolly Pardon

Cars with a lot of belonging still in the car, coins, hair pins, papers and neck naks

Cars that belong to Women takes longer talking to them then detailing there cars

Relative’s cars if you have lots of relatives you would go broke.

Cars that are badly neglected and they want to send how much?

Post Thanks / Like
    I pretty much hate all minivans or any SUV with a hard-to-reach 3rd row seat. GM SUV`s are tough as Scott said - those pockets are a nightmare to clean.

Other than that I really hate doing black interiors on Volkswagens and Audi`s because the dirt never seems to want to come up.
    Magic Touch Auto Detailing - Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Full sized GM SUVs. And why the holes in the trim at the back end?

Yeah, why??
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockwurst
    In particular, my least favorite car to detail is one of my customer’s – a GMC Suburban. This behemoth is home to 5 children, is infrequently washed/vacuumed, and spends about 75% of it’s time driving from one after-school sports event to another. This thing is a disaster on wheels! What’s worse, is that the guy is extremely impatient and expects a full detail to last no more than 4 hours. So not only do I have to hire a second hand to help, but he continues to press the one-time, special introductory price I gave him several years ago - $125.

Does this guy refer you any other business regularly? If not I`d cut him loose and go :getdown LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Any SUV ...I hate them.

In particular , my wife`s Nissan X-Terra. The roof rack has this cargo storage compartment at

the front that is a monstrous PITA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hummer H2

Ford Excursion

Conversion Vans

Post Thanks / Like
    Lose this guy !!! Once he sees what $125 gets him elsewhere he`ll be back, then hit him hard !!! :2thumbs:
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    SUV`s in general. I don`t have a stand/ladder thingy so it`s a major PITA to get to the middle of the roof. and they have so much paint to work on!
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information