Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haircuts, massage, chiropractic, shoes, design services, RO water, gaining corporate accounts . . .

all some of the time, none all of the time. Cash is always my favorite. Some people/professions are difficult to trade with.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bartered (or my wife did) a tile floor in our bar area. The woman had a big ole Ford Expedition and when she saw her truck when I was finsished, she put new tile down in the entryway as an added bonus. (Pays to do good work :getdown )
    DeWayne

Effort Pa/Stroudsburg Area just over the NJ border.
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah body work it is the best. I basically detail the inside of cars after he is finished painting them, or just buff the outside. He does any type of painting or body work that i needed. fixed my truck when it got crashed for free, painted custom parts, will paint my trailer etc. I love it

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, I recieved a few bottles of wine for a tip (his family owned a winery). This was a nice something extra .

Post Thanks / Like
    T Shirts, signs, lots of graphic work, 4X8 sign, advertising and vinyl work.

James
    Platinum Touch Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Barter can be a boon to your business, just be carefull not to do too much as you still do need cash! I belong to a barter group, onne of the biggest in the USA, it`s called National Commerce Exchange (NCE.) The way it works is somone in the group "buys" from you and you use their NCE card like a credit card for payment. The value of your service goes into your NCE account like a bank account. At any time when you need something such as cards, supplies, limos, airline tickets, dinner out (use this a lot!) or whatever you use your barter dollars to buy goods or services from another member. The barter company gets paid 10% of whatever you purchase.

Most barter companies are listed in the yellow pages, find a big one with lots of members and connections nationwide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets see. I had someone design my website, and give me free hosting for 1 exterior detail.

Was supposed to have a free polo thrown in, but that fell through.

Will have 1 full year of advertising in a reputable local magazine, for 6 free details. (still contemplating that one).

Business cards will have to be worked in again this year.

I can`t do too much bartering, since I don`t get enough cars in the summer to make enough money otherwise.
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a nice barter over the weekend. I got my windows tinted in my BMW and in return, did an exterior detail on a 2003 Viper. What a car!
    DeWayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Over the holidays I did an exterior house paint overspray removal and de-swirl on a co-worker`s pick-up. In return he`s going to take me and my son offshore fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been asked to, but turned it down for the cash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have bartered detailing for installing performance upgrades on my car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information