Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: `tis the season

Post Thanks / Like
    I would imagine most of you guys send out Xmas cards to your customers but would it be thought of as "tacky" to include a little flyer promoting gift certificates with the card? I plan on mailing mine out the last week in Nov. This way it won`t get "lost in the schuffle" of the onslaught of cards coming in Dec. It would also be most likely the first one they receive and post around their desks and such. But I would like to include this flyer in case they need something to buy that would be a little different for Uncle Joe or whoever; maybe even the employess if you were to mail a card to the owner of the biz.

Just wondering what you guys think.

So....what do ya think? Tacky or no? :think2

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO the tackest part is the word xmas. It is a Christian Holiday thus the word Christmas.

Leave the flyer out of the card and send it alone.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do agree that it`s Christmas, so might as well call it that. I wouldn`t do the flyer either, as that IS kind of tacky... I`d probably just send out a christmas card, and sign it (if you can, by hand), and include the business name / contact information.

Or, if you want to promote something with a Christmas card... Well, it`s for Christmas, and what do people do around Christmas? Give out gifts, of course. So maybe put in a coupon for, say, $25 towards any of your detailing packages, or for like a free rain-x treatment - or, if you`re desperate for business (which I doubt you are, just saying) you could even go so far as to include a coupon for a free wash n` vac, so long as you`re not sending it to too many people. Might make for some extra work with no pay, but wash n` vacs don`t really take that long, and will keep you in people`s heads for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that your even sending the cards will innocently promote your business......A Merry Christmas, Happy New Year will suffice.....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    You would be much better off not sending the flyer. It would be much better to use the other times of the year to let your customers know about your gift certificates. And I would not include coupons or anything else that might look like you are trying to promote your business.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s kinda what I was thinking. Thanks for the backup. My other idea was to send just the card and then follow up with a short written postcard anouncing the idea of a gift certificate for family, friends, employees etc., personalized of course .

You think this would be ok?

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not send the post cards out now and the Christmas cards a few weeks before Christmas?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Why not send the post cards out now and the Christmas cards a few weeks before Christmas?

Yep, that`s what i`m thinking

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

BINGO!!!

That`s really the best approach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might want to just go with "Happy Holidays" rather then "Merry Xmas". Might be a bit akward for your non-xmas celebrating customers, which is always a possibility. 2 cents...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joerockt
    Might want to just go with "Happy Holidays"

Actually, I was going to mention that. It`s a lot better to use `Happy Holiday" type cards. That way you`ll have 100% of your clients included.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two points:

1) Many businesses send out Christmas cards to their customers. And most people appreciate being remembered and acknowledged; especially by businesses which they patronize and where they spend bucks. And many people display their cards where friends, family, and visitors can see them. And your customers aren`t dumb, they know you`re reminding them that you are there and appreciate their patronage and referrals. Send the cards, but make them tasteful and unique.

2) Most folks I know, Christians and non-Christians alike, are a little tired of this massive rush to "sensitivity". If you are a Christian, Merry Christmas is appropriate and generally expected. During the Christmas season, the standard greeting is "Merry Christmas", and almost everyone appreciates receiving that good wish. As a Christian (a back-sliding Baptist, I admit), I appreciate being wished a Happy Hannuka from my Jewish friends and would cheerfully accept a "Salubrious Saturnalia" from my pagan friends and relatives (I actually have a cousin who is a proud pagan). Send the cards, but make them tasteful and unique.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HRP
    Most folks I know, Christians and non-Christians alike, are a little tired of this massive rush to "sensitivity". If you are a Christian, Merry Christmas is appropriate and generally expected. During the Christmas season, the standard greeting is "Merry Christmas", and almost everyone appreciates receiving that good wish. As a Christian (a back-sliding Baptist, I admit), I appreciate being wished a Happy Hannuka from my Jewish friends and would cheerfully accept a "Salubrious Saturnalia" from my pagan friends and relatives (I actually have a cousin who is a proud pagan). Send the cards, but make them tasteful and unique.
    Well said, and I couldnt agree more............

Some people actually get offended when one says "Happy Holidays" as their missing the true meaning of Christmas.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think "Happy Holidays" is too phony and just another product of today`s extreme political correctiveness. It`s always been "Merry Christmas" to everyone for me and, as HRP said, non-Christians are fully understanding of it and don`t mind it at all. If anything, it sends a respectful message from your religion to theirs.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about "Seasons Greetings"? :p

Just kidding :grinno:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information