Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Megs #40 for interrior cleaning and conditioning but I`m thinking of switching to optimum protectant plus which has a more matte finish. I have had customers request not using any dressing on the interrior because they don`t like the glossy greasy finish some detailers leave but I have never had a customer request something glossy. I`ve never had a customer complain about #40 but I have had plenty of compliments.

So, from the customers perspective, do you think they would prefer a glossy or matte finish on thier interrior?

Post Thanks / Like
    99.9% WANT A SATIN SHEEN. I use #40 ( have been for over 8 years) and it can be wiped on with a towel then wiped off right away for less shine.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Low gloss sheen for all but 2 customers.

I like Adam`s VRT, Poorboy`s Trim Restorer, or 303 for interiors.

As stated above, #40 is a great product. You can use it everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then would you consider #40 to be a satin sheen or glossy?

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you use PB trim restrorer on the interior? do you dilute it or do you just put it on wiht a brush or put it on wiht a MF towel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Matte finish the vast majority of the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually have a lot of customers ask for glossy (armor all), hardly ever satin. I dont use AA on handles, steering wheel, shifter, etc. though. For those I use Mothers protectant.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    jo: In between. I usually cut it .5:1 or 1:1 and it still works/looks great.

Change: Apply to an MF applicator. It works nice .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    Matte finish the vast majority of the time.

Same here. I have several customers who like Meguiars Interior QD because it has no gloss, it just makes the vinyl look new.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing, full-strength!

heh. no. never.

low-sheen all the way. either just cleaned (like Meg`s Interior QD like scott said or the Sonus cockpit detailer works well, too) or with a 303-type product wiped down afterwards. I actually found that my sample of Sonus Total Eclipse worked in nicer and was less greasy than 303 on the dash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always ask my clients what they want, and always get the answer - "I don`t mind as long as it`s clean". However I can`t stand the glossy look myself so I use either #40 or PB Natural Look which both give a nice satin sheen.

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chang
    how do you use PB trim restrorer on the interior? do you dilute it or do you just put it on wiht a brush or put it on wiht a MF towel?

The amnt of a nail head on a applicator did the entire inside of my truck. I wiped off with a mf becuase I didn`t want it to stay "shiny" but it actually went away after a day on an area I tested. Doesn`t attract dust like the crap the dealer used, isn`t greesy/shiny/slimy/ and has UV protectant in it.. it`s my fav

Post Thanks / Like
    By default I use Mcguires QD unless the customer ask for otherwise, I clean with a theme, I strive to make the car look like the day they bought it. So far I have received zero complaints or request to change products, this is partly due to me expressing my goal with them and the matte finish helps me to accomplish what they`re expecting.
    Wax on Wax off....

Post Thanks / Like
    My mentality is "clean, but not shiny." I can`t stand a shiny/oily looking interior, so I always apply my leather and vinyl conditioner with a terry applicator, and wipe down with a lint free rag. In the event that a customer truly does prefer a glossy interior, I can just stop after step 1.
    Magic Touch Auto Detailing - Owner

Effort Pa/Stroudsburg Area just over the NJ border.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i personally prefer the glossy look, but i do think many pro detailers liek the glossy look because of the mental image they think when they see glossy. Every hack job detailer out there usually uses gloss but over everything!! They put it all over the leather, sterring wheel,ive seen it on the pedals, vinyl floor etc and make it look way overdone. I dont mind a glossy look on the door panels, semi on the dash but glossy where t wont blind you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information