Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i am in OC, california area.

its 2004 nissan 350z black with some (not too bad) swirls and fine scratches.

i bought the car a little used and previous owner didn`t really take care of it.

i would like to start fresh with a clean paint with lots of protection on it, so i can maintain it just by careful carwash and more protection.

i really don`t wanna take the car to a shop after hearing all these horror stories from autopia, so im looking for an individual detailer like many of you in here.

i don`t know if i can ask this in here, but plz let me know if you are around the area and willing to take the job. i live in Anaheim to be exact.

thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    In Cali about anywhere from 400 to 800 bucks, enough so that you might want to buy the equipment and do it yourself. Yup no kidding 800, I had a customer get this as a bid then he brought it to me, but many shops in Cali just have to charge more because of the price to do business out here. If you just get a paint detail you might be able to get it cheaper, especially if you do the waxing part yourself. Your best bet is a shop or an estabished mobil detailer that has INSURANCE. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would charge $200 flat rate for exterior to polish every single swirl out & scratches and give exterior a full detail including engine & all trim , rubber , glass , wheels cleaned and polished if applicable and wheel wells dressed also .

A little more for " luxury items " such as wheel sealant and aquapel on glass and wiper fluid treatment .

This also would include one coat of sealant such as Ex-P ( two coats same day to insure complete coverage )

Then again I`m not insured and don`t have an actual business

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by papi_jay
    I would charge $200 flat rate for exterior to polish every single swirl out & scratches and give exterior a full detail including engine & all trim , rubber , glass , wheels cleaned and polished if applicable and wheel wells dressed also .

A little more for " luxury items " such as wheel sealant and aquapel on glass and wiper fluid treatment .

This also would include one coat of sealant such as Ex-P ( two coats same day to insure complete coverage )

Then again I`m not insured and don`t have an actual business

yeah but that wouldn`t be OC pricing here`s it gonna be at least $300 depending on severity. I`m in Costa Mesa... I`ll be sending you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    In Cali about anywhere from 400 to 800 bucks, enough so that you might want to buy the equipment and do it yourself. Yup no kidding 800, I had a customer get this as a bid then he brought it to me, but many shops in Cali just have to charge more because of the price to do business out here. If you just get a paint detail you might be able to get it cheaper, especially if you do the waxing part yourself. Your best bet is a shop or an estabished mobil detailer that has INSURANCE. Good luck.

BINGO!!!

Our min. for outside as you discribed is $350 for a small vehicle. Average is about $400- $600.

Here is a recent job we got $400 for. I underbid this one, It was our first Cayenne. I didn`t realize that the paint was very hard. Cayennes are more next time!

The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    ok well when it comes to something like that than yes 3-600 is understandable but one thing that noones mentioned is that it also depends on what u classify "claying a vehicle" some do it like that beautiful cayenne (sweet job there) as to where EVERY speck of ANYTHING is removed(correct way) or "the other way" where u wash the car and then spend 25 or so minutes claying it after rinsing..... so it also matters as to WHY you are claying the vehicle makes the price. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    :doh :har: :har: i thought this post was about claying opps lol sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    For a "Z"? Holy Crap Im raising prices 100% !!

That porch is beautiful also !!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot depends on what the owner of the car wants and is willing to pay for. Some just want a polish/seal but you have to make them aware that a two step process isn`t going to produce a flawless finish unless the vehicle is already near that level (as in a new car). Soccer moms with SUVs aren`t interested in a concours level finish, for example but someone with a 350Z probably is.

I could wash, clay, 1 step polish and wax a 350Z in a couple of hours, 2.5 tops. That would include cleaning/dressing wheels and fenderwells, vacuum and clean glass in and out. Figure in an additional 45 minutes (on average for that sized car) for each additional polishing step required to bring the finish to the level the owner requests. Base your price on what you need to make per hour. Going rate on the coasts and high cost of living areas is $50 an hour, midwest and south, $30-45 depending on location. Stay towards the high end of your areas pricing range. Low prices = cheap work in the minds of most.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a small city [80,000 people] and charge $30.00 Canadian/hr. I could probably charge more but as a part time hobby thats not bad pay.
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax

You take only 45 minutes to polish an average sized car, with a pc or rotary???

Akele abraƃ§o

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RRacer
    Scottwax

You take only 45 minutes to polish an average sized car, with a pc or rotary???

Akele abraƃ§o

45 minutes per polishing step on average for a vehicle the size of a 350Z.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW. SOme of you guys charge a ton. Im in Newport and I`d be willing to do it for anywhere from 150-200 depending on the condition of the car. Give me a call at 949 295 5897 if you are interested.

Heres one of my recent details.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61806

Post Thanks / Like
    :har: :har: :har: :work:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eric77
    Give me a call at xxx xx5 5897 if you are interested.

:har: :har: :har: :work: ........ :chuckle:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information