Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Recently I picked up a car to detail at Medinah Country Club (which is 5 minutes from my house, and is host of the U.S. open.) This is not the first time I`ve done this and I`m amazed at the cars I see in the parking lot. Maybach`s/Bentley/Rolls/Austin Martin on and on it goes. As good as I`m at marketing I can`t break this nut open. They allow NO advertising so I can`t just throw fliers on the cars. The valet guy won`t work with me on handing out info. The General Manager (which I detailed his car) doesn`t want to do anything. I`m convinced that if more people know I can pick up their car and detail it as they golf, it would be a service they would want. If anyone has ideas I`m all ears on this one. Its a gold mind just sitting there. Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    What about a sign in FRONT of their property like on the easement into the place stating you can have your vehicle picked up and dropped off...Maybe rent a bilboard in front of the place

of course i am just kidding around so please dont take this too seriously.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, and then I could walk around on the course and hand fliers to members while they golf. and when I get arrested I could tell the prisoners about my detailing business. :soscared:

Quote Originally Posted by scottabir
    What about a sign in FRONT of their property like on the easement into the place stating you can have your vehicle picked up and dropped off...Maybe rent a bilboard in front of the place

of course i am just kidding around so please dont take this too seriously.

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, I have a similar country club near me. I was pretty desperate, so I drove in to the parking lot and started putting flyers on all the cars. A few employees saw me, but did not say anything. Later on that evening, an employee called me and told me that it is a private club, and that I was not allowed to put flyers on his member`s cars. I apologized, and explained I was not aware it was a private club. I told him that it would not happen again. The next day, the GM called and left me a message. I figured he was calling to lecture me some more, or to tell me he called the cops. When I called him back, he told me that he respected my aggressiveness, and that he was interested in having me provide detailing services for his members while they golf. We are now trying to negotiate the terms. The only problem is that I will have to do the service in 4-5 hours because that is amount of time his members usually play golf. I will not have enough time to do my "full" detail, which takes me 10 hours usually. I did come up with a nice package that I can do in 4-5 hours though. I will let you guys know if I get the contract.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Gary, you seem to be pretty tuned in with the local media, not to mention your column. Perhaps you could mention in your column that you have been told by some people that they would love to have their car detailed, but can`t find the time, to which you can respond that they can leave it while they are at work, or during some other activities...like GOLFING. I think you have mentioned you advertise in some local papers, etc. How about an ad "Get your car detailed while you`re on the back nine...". Put it somewhere where the golfers, or better yet, their wives, will see it.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you already have customers that go to the club, and utilize this service, why not give them some sort of perk (discount, add-on, etc.) for every referral you get from them? You aren`t advertising (directly) and if the customers are truly happy with your work, it shouldn`t be too hard for them to "put the word out."

Of course I realize that if they can afford to drive such vehicles and play golf at private clubs, etc. they aren`t too hurting for money, so they may not `need" the perks, but some people, regardless of their personal wealth, are always looking for something for "free."
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad has a great idea-see if the manager will work with you to provide detailing services on site. The cars are sitting there for 4-5 hours like he said and that should give you ample time to at least do a good exterior detail.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Gary simple, tell the guy whos car you are detailing that if he tells 3 or 5 other club members about your services and they call and mention his name as their reference then you will give him a free wash and wax or maybe just a wash and vacuum.

Then you make the same deal with that guy and so on until you have enough repeat business from them that you don`t need that deal anymore.

This way you are not including the club itself or its property.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, some great ideas. I will test some of them out and keep you posted. Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    All those country clubs have membership directories. Most of them list home addresses for the members. If you could get one member to let you borrow his directory you could do a tailored direct-mail to the club members.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now Your Talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by splattj
    All those country clubs have membership directories. Most of them list home addresses for the members. If you could get one member to let you borrow his directory you could do a tailored direct-mail to the club members.

Now that I would over!
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, this is interesting... Might start a mobile service just for this market (golfers)....

Effort Pa/Stroudsburg Area just over the NJ border.
    Post Thanks / Like
    actually i might be wrong, but 4-5 hours you could prolly do a full good detail. Most people with cars like that, I hope tend to vaccum and not spill drinks and food in the vehicle and keep them pretty neat. The interiors on most may just need a wipe down, vac and dress. Then the exterior you will have ample time for a complete detail!

Post Thanks / Like
    WEll, looks like getting the address book will take some spy work. It seems the members sign an agreement NOT to give the list to anyone for this exact reason, direct mail. I won`t give up yet. Gary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information