Post Thanks / Like
    We just had a horrible rain storm here in NJ and while we were out eating dinner, the wind blew a shopping cart across the parking lot and left a good size ding about 1.5" long and decently deep. The paint isn`t chipped so I`m hoping that the ding can be removed by a PDR guy. I know that there are some Dent Wizard locations in my area, but was hoping to get some specific recommendations before I just start making phone calls.

So anyone care to recommend a PDR guy in the northern/central NJ?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    We just had a horrible rain storm here in NJ and while we were out eating dinner, the wind blew a shopping cart across the parking lot and left a good size ding about 1.5" long and decently deep. The paint isn`t chipped so I`m hoping that the ding can be removed by a PDR guy. I know that there are some Dent Wizard locations in my area, but was hoping to get some specific recommendations before I just start making phone calls.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the directory > http://www.detailingdirectory.com/ you could submit a service request for PDR work and see what comes of it . Good luck :buffing:
    Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the directory > http://www.detailingdirectory.com/ you could submit a service request for PDR work and see what comes of it . Good luck :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mpauly

Thanks in advance,

Michael

I have used the Dent wizard over in Leonia on Grand ave. I had a similar ding on my 2000 Lightning a few years ago when the vehicle was brand new. They did a great job getting out the ding and you could never notice that it was hit. It costs me $125 at the time and I was real happy with the results. I would recommend that Dent Wizard for any ding or dent repairs.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe

2004 Majestic Blue Maxima SE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks in advance,

Michael

I have used the Dent wizard over in Leonia on Grand ave. I had a similar ding on my 2000 Lightning a few years ago when the vehicle was brand new. They did a great job getting out the ding and you could never notice that it was hit. It costs me $125 at the time and I was real happy with the results. I would recommend that Dent Wizard for any ding or dent repairs.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input so far. I contacted Dent Wizard in Leonia and they seemed very curtious, answering all my questions. Based on my description of the damage, they feel that they should be able to remove the dent, but will need to see it in person to do an estimate. Then I`ll need to schedule an appointment.

They said that they need access to the back of the panel and for a dent near the middle of the door, they will go through the window opening. Is this the normal procedure? Would it be any more helpfull to remove the inner door panel (a major pain in the but with my passat)? Also, they said they have a minimum $125 charge and go up from there depending on the required work, sound about right?

Thanks for any additional input.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input so far. I contacted Dent Wizard in Leonia and they seemed very curtious, answering all my questions. Based on my description of the damage, they feel that they should be able to remove the dent, but will need to see it in person to do an estimate. Then I`ll need to schedule an appointment.

They said that they need access to the back of the panel and for a dent near the middle of the door, they will go through the window opening. Is this the normal procedure? Would it be any more helpfull to remove the inner door panel (a major pain in the but with my passat)? Also, they said they have a minimum $125 charge and go up from there depending on the required work, sound about right?

Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Either way is good , what you don`t want them doing is drilling holes to reach the damage. You do that when you have no other way of getting to it . Probably for your area thats the going price , its a little high for down here. I doubt very much it will take them no more than 20 mins to do the job , longer if they need to remove the door panel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Either way is good , what you don`t want them doing is drilling holes to reach the damage. You do that when you have no other way of getting to it . Probably for your area thats the going price , its a little high for down here. I doubt very much it will take them no more than 20 mins to do the job , longer if they need to remove the door panel.

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s also a dent remover guy in Summit near the Short Hills Mall just off of Route 24. They`re located in a gas station near the Summit Diner I believe. Damn, i can`t think of the street name. Maybe Setec Astronomy will chime in; he`ll know.

But, I`m not sure of their work. I just know the place. $50 a panel last time I remember.

Oh, I`m in Montclair a lot. Lots of good restaurants
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s also a dent remover guy in Summit near the Short Hills Mall just off of Route 24. They`re located in a gas station near the Summit Diner I believe. Damn, i can`t think of the street name. Maybe Setec Astronomy will chime in; he`ll know.

But, I`m not sure of their work. I just know the place. $50 a panel last time I remember.

Oh, I`m in Montclair a lot. Lots of good restaurants
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like

Michael

That is the correct procedure when using the spoons for PDR. when my Lightning was done a few years ago I watched him do the job and the ding was in the middle of the door. he used the spoons through the window opening to fix the ding. it came out perfect. that price sounds about right for minimum on a job like that. Its a hell of alot cheaper than going the body and paint route on repairs. I had a deer hit about 2 years ago on one of my cars and brought it over to Dent Wizards to see if they could fix that hit. But it was too deep to repair and ended up going the Body and Paint route that I really did not want to take. anyway, good luck with whatever you end up doing to get the car repaired.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Michael

That is the correct procedure when using the spoons for PDR. when my Lightning was done a few years ago I watched him do the job and the ding was in the middle of the door. he used the spoons through the window opening to fix the ding. it came out perfect. that price sounds about right for minimum on a job like that. Its a hell of alot cheaper than going the body and paint route on repairs. I had a deer hit about 2 years ago on one of my cars and brought it over to Dent Wizards to see if they could fix that hit. But it was too deep to repair and ended up going the Body and Paint route that I really did not want to take. anyway, good luck with whatever you end up doing to get the car repaired.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Information