Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses people. I have a call in to my upholstery shop but I am going to take a stab at it tomorrow with Leatherique. I have a feeling that the RO might just "smoke it out" and I will follow up with PC. I do have a sample of #39 on the way. . . for giggles.

I really want to fix this problem so if anyone out there is holdin` back, fill me in.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by truzoom
    Why not give some goo-gone a shot? That`s the only thing that comes to mind.

A hand grenade would be quicker!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by truzoom
    Why not give some goo-gone a shot? That`s the only thing that comes to mind.

A hand grenade would be quicker!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pssstue
    Thanks for the responses people. I have a call in to my upholstery shop but I am going to take a stab at it tomorrow with Leatherique. I have a feeling that the RO might just "smoke it out" and I will follow up with PC. I do have a sample of #39 on the way. . . for giggles.

I really want to fix this problem so if anyone out there is holdin` back, fill me in.

I have the same problem on my MB (funny thing is, it`s only my Coach belt that transfers-ask your client if he wears a Coach belt). RO didn`t touch mine. I haven`t found anything chemically that will remove it-the Zaino leather cleaner (Z9?) did take some of it off using a very aggressive mf and a lot of scrubbing. I think it was more the scrubbing that did it vs. the chemical action since it`s it didn`t touch what was down in the grain.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem on my MB (funny thing is, it`s only my Coach belt that transfers-ask your client if he wears a Coach belt). RO didn`t touch mine. I haven`t found anything chemically that will remove it-the Zaino leather cleaner (Z9?) did take some of it off using a very aggressive mf and a lot of scrubbing. I think it was more the scrubbing that did it vs. the chemical action since it`s it didn`t touch what was down in the grain.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, that is very funny as I had the same thing happen with my Coach belt on my beige Mustang seat. I never did get it off, even with 1:3 Castrol Super Clean (which took some other interior surfaces clean off!). Maybe someone should call Coach....

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, that is very funny as I had the same thing happen with my Coach belt on my beige Mustang seat. I never did get it off, even with 1:3 Castrol Super Clean (which took some other interior surfaces clean off!). Maybe someone should call Coach....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesLA
    Maybe someone should call Coach....

Just got off the phone with a very courteous CSR. I am not sure if the belt is a Coach but it was purchased at Nordys last holiday season-- waiting for a call from Mr. The CSR put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with nothing. They are over-nighting me their leather cleaning combo to test on the seat myself. I am leery but, no charge. She gave me her extension and told me to keep them posted. We`ll see. :nixweiss
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesLA
    Maybe someone should call Coach....

Just got off the phone with a very courteous CSR. I am not sure if the belt is a Coach but it was purchased at Nordys last holiday season-- waiting for a call from Mr. The CSR put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with nothing. They are over-nighting me their leather cleaning combo to test on the seat myself. I am leery but, no charge. She gave me her extension and told me to keep them posted. We`ll see. :nixweiss
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have a better idea??

If you`re smart you will leave it the way it is before you make a bad situation worse by you causing permanent damage to the surface of the seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have a better idea??

If you`re smart you will leave it the way it is before you make a bad situation worse by you causing permanent damage to the surface of the seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    :hairpull You`re probably right. . . . but the techniques I have used and considering are within the leathers physical limits IMO. I am definitely treading lightly.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    :hairpull You`re probably right. . . . but the techniques I have used and considering are within the leathers physical limits IMO. I am definitely treading lightly.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew

In my years of detailing I have tried many different products to correct these kinds of problems.

You will be able to lighten the transfer but the only way to totally eliminate it is to re-dye the leather.

I have seen blue jeans do this to Leather seats as well. It looks very bad on the vinyl sides of these seats.

The die in the belt has died the leather on the seat.

I still keep trying different products to this day when I see this problem.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Authorized Modesta Paint Coatings Applier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew

In my years of detailing I have tried many different products to correct these kinds of problems.

You will be able to lighten the transfer but the only way to totally eliminate it is to re-dye the leather.

I have seen blue jeans do this to Leather seats as well. It looks very bad on the vinyl sides of these seats.

The die in the belt has died the leather on the seat.

I still keep trying different products to this day when I see this problem.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Authorized Modesta Paint Coatings Applier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information