Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am starting to detail other people`s cars this summer for some cash and was wondering what the best route to go would be. I just ordered the whole zaino kit for my car (BLACK 540) and am thinking zaino would not be the best product to use for an afternoon detail. I have the meguiars gold paint cleaner, polish, and carnuaba wax along with scratchx, that I have used on a couple of cars that I did already. This stuff works well, but for $80-100+ I think I should be using superior products. I will be getting a pc very soon and was thinking of getting klasse AIO and S100 to use on customer`s cars. Do you think this is a good choice in products and would I also need sg sealant? Thanks in advance.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, would you mind critiquing what I have and what i have planned.

Currently Own

meguiars paint cleaner gold class

meguiars polsih gold class

meguiars premium carnauba wax

meguiars scratch-x

zaino zfx

zaino z2 pro

zaino z5

zaino z6

zaino z7 car wash

zaino clay

mothers clay

meg`s qd

mother`s qd

meg`s glass cleaner

turtle polish chrome polish

Meguiars vinyl protectant

chrome wheel gegreaser (acidic )

Meguiar`s leather conditioner

black magic tire wet

numerous cobra mf miracle towels

meg`s waffle weave mf towel

various meg`s mf towels

Plan to Buy

pc orbital 7424

cutting, polishing and finishing pads (1 or 2 of each?)

Klasse AIO

S100

NXT synthetic wax

3m FI2 polish (swirl/scratch removal)

more mf towels

mf wash mitt

interior cleaning products (????)

Any product recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Technique is more important than product in my mind.

Whether or not you want to use Zaino is up to you. Maybe offer it as a premium service.

AIO/S100 is a good combo for just about any car. NXT is a good 1-step for cars in already quite good shape.

I think you need to add more swirl removers like SSR2.5 and SSR1, or equivalent from another brand.

You could probably get away with 2 cutting pads and 1 finishing pad, but I`d recommend at least 3 finishing pads. The more the merrier.

Another claybar wouldn`t go astray.

As for interior products, Poorboys Natural Look and 303 protectant are my suggestions. Along with some fabric and leather cleaners and some brushes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice. I just went ahead and ordered another $50 of mf towels though pakshak and some AIO, meg`s #9 polish, and lexol leather cleaner through autogeek. I may need another polish though for different levels of severity of scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    yep your missing some polishes there like has been said.

Brushes

how many buckets do you have?

Hose attachment?

Applicators

Long term sealant

etc, look through click and brag and see what people are using just now

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to checkout the Chemical Guy`s Lineup. CG has top notch products sold by the gallon at a terrific price.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you detail professionally you can`t buy 10-16 oz bottles of consumer grade products where you are paying for marketing, flashy bottles and labels. Find a distributor for Malco, they come to you and buy in gallons (you can test try their products in 8oz bottles) or if you like Meg`s products, by from a local auto paint store that give you discounts and buy in gallons from their detailer or profesional line. You not only need products that are cost effective, you need products that work fast. It`s not like you can spend an entire day doing one car. Don`t get me wrong, these small boutique waxes like Zaino and Adams are perfectly good but the commercial products, in my opinion are better for a detailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkTac05
    You might want to checkout the Chemical Guy`s Lineup. CG has top notch products sold by the gallon at a terrific price.

I have to agree when it comes to great products nothing I have found beats Chemical Guys. Give them a call or check out the website:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/

The products and service speak for themselves. :spot

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 5STARDETAILING
    I have to agree when it comes to great products nothing I have found beats Chemical Guys. Give them a call or check out the website:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/

The products and service speak for themselves. :spot
    wow they have really cheap prices on mf towels. Are they any good? $19 for a dozen just seems too cheap.

I have already ordered just about everything I need, but if/when I run out I will remember to try and buy in bulk. I did get the 18 oz bottle of AIO rather than the 10 oz so that should last a little while. Everything else will likely run out fairly soon, bt we will have to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ_
    yep your missing some polishes there like has been said.

Brushes

how many buckets do you have?

Hose attachment?

Applicators

Long term sealant

etc, look through click and brag and see what people are using just now
    I need to pick up a quality brush or two. I have a decent hose attachment and have several foam and mf applicators already. I will be purchasing much more today along with s100 wax probably some nxt wax for those that want synthetic. I don`t want to buy in bulk commercial products just yet, because i want to make sure this is something I want to do and that I have enough customers. If I run out of retail products fairly quickly then I will definitely buy large amounts after.

The only tihng I really lack is a long term sealant. What would you recommend for this and where woudl it fit into my detail regime. i.e. wash, clay, polish, AIO, sealant (?), then wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eric77
    wow they have really cheap prices on mf towels. Are they any good? $19 for a dozen just seems too cheap.

I have already ordered just about everything I need, but if/when I run out I will remember to try and buy in bulk. I did get the 18 oz bottle of AIO rather than the 10 oz so that should last a little while. Everything else will likely run out fairly soon, bt we will have to see.

The Chemicl Guys towels are first rate very good quality. :2thumbs: When I saw the price I couldn`t believe it.... the 25 x17 are amazing and they cut the work time in 1/2 . The applicators are also very nice.

http://chemicalguys.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=MIC

Very wash friendly I still have a few from 2 yrs ago that still work great.

Post Thanks / Like
    5Star have you noticed any marring from those MF towels?
    Insert witty quip here...

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    I use CG`s towels, and have not noticed any marring. Then again, I don`t have the eye that guys like Accumulator have, but they feel pretty soft to me.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullybob
    5Star have you noticed any marring from those MF towels?

None.... very nice towels I am sure you will be happy :spot honestly I have overall been very very happy with all the Chemical Guys stuff... Nice Guys too, always helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    5StarDetailing,

Every single post you make plugs CG. It`s really beginning to smell rather spammy in here.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information