Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you planning on making any money at this???? Zaino is NOT the way to go if you want to make as much $$ per hour. If you want to stay with the consumer products, stick with Klasse AIO - you get polishing properties and it`ll take you about 30 minutes TOPS to apply AND remove the product. Cut out a step and eliminate the cure time. And for those Zaino fanatics who are about to spam me, how many non-enthusiasts are going to notice any slight difference in shine between the Klasse and Zaino?

Here`s a good price on the AIO http://www.sportscarcare.com/scc/pro...ItemID=kla-ail and they throw in a get-started sheet for the Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think that you can use Zaino for "fee based" details. The reason I say fee based is just because you charge for a detail does not mean you are a pro. With that said, you can use one or two drops of ZFX and 1/2 to 3/4 of an oz and do two coats on a clients car and it is very affordable. The only thing I do not like is cleaning those damn bottles all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrm Vrm
    Are you planning on making any money at this???? Zaino is NOT the way to go if you want to make as much $$ per hour. If you want to stay with the consumer products, stick with Klasse AIO - you get polishing properties and it`ll take you about 30 minutes TOPS to apply AND remove the product. Cut out a step and eliminate the cure time. And for those Zaino fanatics who are about to spam me, how many non-enthusiasts are going to notice any slight difference in shine between the Klasse and Zaino?

Here`s a good price on the AIO http://www.sportscarcare.com/scc/pro...ItemID=kla-ail and they throw in a get-started sheet for the Klasse.

AIO IMO is not enough for a detail job. There is no comparrison in looks betweek AIO and Zaino. Night and day. Now AIO with another product such as UPP or SG or a carnuba topper would be harder to tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree, as does Guru Reports. Besides, we`re talking about detailing. What detailer is going to spend the ridiculous amount of time and money to do one Zaino detailing when he could to two Klasse detailings?

Honestly, I wouldn`t use either - I`d go with a professional line.

Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree, as does Guru Reports. Besides, we`re talking about detailing. What detailer is going to spend the ridiculous amount of time and money to do one Zaino detailing when he could to two Klasse detailings?

Honestly, I wouldn`t use either - I`d go with a professional line.

How is it a lot of time I do not understand your reasoning? I can Zaino an entire car two coats in 30mins?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SidiousXXX
    How is it a lot of time I do not understand your reasoning? I can Zaino an entire car two coats in 30mins?
    Not if the cure time is 30 minutes you can`t. From the ZFX (Zaino) instructions: "Allow the polish to haze over for 20 to 30 minutes." The AIO can be wiped on and wiped right off. MUCH easier and quicker than the Zaino. And no product waste as with the Z2/ZFX chemistry project they require.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not really planning on using zaino on customer`s cars unless they want it. I have AIO, along with s100 carnauba and meg`s gold class carnauba that could be used for those that just want the classic detail. For those that want 6 months of protection and don`t mind paying a little extra then I think Zaino could be a possibility.

BTW, my regular detail with a clay, AIO, and carnauba plus tire, vinyl, wheel, leather, and carpet cleaning is about $100 and once I master the pc any use of polsihes will be an extra $30 + . ATM, I am thinking I could clay, AIO or another light polish if necessary and 2-3 coats of zaino for an aditional $25 over the regualr carnauba route. It may not be the most efficient or cost effective way, but this is not a full time business with one client lined up after another. Also, as for the price of zaino itself, 1 car`s worth of product is no more than $5, which would make for a profit of about $20 and an additional hour or so of work. Does this logic seem resaonable to anybody else? Also, how do my prices sound to you guys? keep in mind I am working in Newport beach (OC), CA where a typical detail job goes for $200-300+.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eric77
    If you could only have 2 other polishes in addition to the #9 and did NOT want something extremely abrasive or risky what would you get? BTW, this would be the step before AIO for me.

Optimum Polish or #80 for polishing in the shade and Poorboy`s SSR2.5 for days when you can`t get out of the sun.

AIO is a good base for anything but #80 and Optimum finish down so well you can go straight to your LSP. That way, you can have a good two step process for cars in decent shape and then a higher level detail that includes a 3 step process for customers who want to take their finish to the next level.

You can make Zaino work for your situation if you limit it to one layer or offer a layering package at a higher price. You also might want to look into Jeff`s Werkstatt Acrylic Jett, very similar appearance to Z2 Pro with no mixing. Detailer`s Pride also offers a very nice sealant that is reasonably priced and very easy to use.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Not if the cure time is 30 minutes you can`t. From the ZFX (Zaino) instructions: "Allow the polish to haze over for 20 to 30 minutes." The AIO can be wiped on and wiped right off. MUCH easier and quicker than the Zaino. And no product waste as with the Z2/ZFX chemistry project they require.

ITs called mulittasking, while its dryig which is more like 10-15 mins work on the inside, we are not talking quntam physicis here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Or just use some Optimum, then some PwC.

Perfect!

Or go Optimum, EXP, Nattys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Optimum Polish or #80 for polishing in the shade and Poorboy`s SSR2.5 for days when you can`t get out of the sun.
    thanks for the advice. I wasn`t really thinking about it earlier when i purchased #80 and #83, but the majority of my details will be done in the sun. Does ssr2.5 need to be finished up with ssr1 or eevn AIO whereas #80 would not? One more thing, what is the difference between ssr2 and ssr2.5? I have read 2 different descriptions of each that both described them identically.

Post Thanks / Like
    SSR2.5 finishes down nicely enough with a polishing pad that you can usually go to your LSP or at least to where AIO and a polishing will get the paint ready for your LSP. 2.5 is a bit more aggressive than 2.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    SSR2.5 finishes down nicely enough with a polishing pad that you can usually go to your LSP or at least to where AIO and a polishing will get the paint ready for your LSP. 2.5 is a bit more aggressive than 2.
    sounds good. I am about to order it right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SidiousXXX
    ITs called mulittasking, while its dryig which is more like 10-15 mins work on the inside, we are not talking quntam physicis here.
    LOL, yeah, I knew that counterpoint would come up. That makes sense. If the client`s car needs a light polishing as well as sealing, we could take two routes:

1) Polish surface with non-abrasive polish.

2) Obtain and mix Z2 and ZFX - shake vigorously.

3) Apply to surface.

4) Multitask while Zaino concoction cures.

5) Remove from surface.

6) Discard (i.e. waste) unused Z2/ZFX solution.

OR we could

1) Apply AIO.

2) Remove.

Again, I`m talking about running a BUSINESS here. To run a successful business, you want to minimize time and costs and maximize results based on time spent. I know there are scads of weekend warriors that don`t mind spending money and time putting on 50 coats of Zaino on their precious babies. And that`s their business. But I speak from semi-professional detailing experience when I say I`ve used both Zaino and Klasse and found it was a waste of time and money to take the Zaino route when there`s an alternative.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, yeah, I knew that counterpoint would come up. That makes sense. If the client`s car needs a light polishing as well as sealing, we could take two routes:

1) Polish surface with non-abrasive polish.

2) Obtain and mix Z2 and ZFX - shake vigorously.

3) Apply to surface.

4) Multitask while Zaino concoction cures.

5) Remove from surface.

6) Discard (i.e. waste) unused Z2/ZFX solution.

OR we could

1) Apply AIO.

2) Remove.

Again, I`m talking about running a BUSINESS here. To run a successful business, you want to minimize time and costs and maximize results based on time spent. I know there are scads of weekend warriors that don`t mind spending money and time putting on 50 coats of Zaino on their precious babies. And that`s their business. But I speak from semi-professional detailing experience when I say I`ve used both Zaino and Klasse and found it was a waste of time and money to take the Zaino route when there`s an alternative.

I can appreciate your thoughts. I am of the opinion that you can use it but as you said their are alternatives. I do some fee based detailing and I do not use Zaino simply because I hate cleaning the little bottles and mixing. With my own car its not a big deal. The only thing that I do not like about Zaino, as I have said in posts before, is it makes me lazy. Its so maintenance free and I like to putz pretty frequently with my car. Some people smoke or drink to relieve stress, I detail. I always tell my SO that its my version of picking up a pack of coffin nails.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information