Thread: Lunch trucks?

Post Thanks / Like
    You know the food trucks that come around to your business to sell food? What do you recomend for the SS box on the back. I know a guy that has one and he took the old letters off and you can still see them. Is there something that will remove this? And what would you recomend for a good SS cleaner?

James

Post Thanks / Like
    You could try a Restuarant Supply , Janitoral supply or maybe Walmart carries it . Sparkle is one product name for cleaning and polishing SS that I know of . Using gritty abrasives on Stainless Steel will scratch & score the surface real easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    be careful what you use. I would definately go the restaraunt supply route. you will be working on a truck that delivers food. i wouldnt want to be liable for somebody getting sick from the chemicals i used. not the the food itself wouldnt make you sick

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a "roach coach" for a neighbor of mine who was getting out of the business and selling the rig and his route. I used a metal polish made specifically for stainless steel that he had provided ( I don`t remember what it was called, but it was a light green in color and had the consistency of DACP). I used up three wool pads ( they wouldn`t come clean and were trashed after using that polish) and three foam pads polishing that puppy!

Prepare to spend a lot of time on the box. It took me four hours using a rotary and be sure to charge accordingly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo0903
    I did a "roach coach" for a neighbor of mine who was getting out of the business and selling the rig and his route. I used a metal polish made specifically for stainless steel that he had provided ( I don`t remember what it was called, but it was a light green in color and had the consistency of DACP). I used up three wool pads ( they wouldn`t come clean and were trashed after using that polish) and three foam pads polishing that puppy!

Prepare to spend a lot of time on the box IIt took me four hours usingfa rotary) and be sure to charge accordingly!

4 Hours and you had to put down 3 pads? Damn. I`ll have to think about that before I price it.

James

Thread Information