Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya everyone.

I`m starting a detailing business called "Precision Mobile Detailing", as I recently lost my job. I`m gonna be located in Denver, Colorado, and I`m hoping to make some cash to support my Porsche habit, and college life.

Anyway, down to the nitty gritty...

I`ve already got the PC, and I`ve detailed MANY difficult cars, my own being one of the biggest pains in the *** ever, as 18 year old Porsche gaurd`s red oxidized to pink over the years is NOT easy to pull out.

I plan on using Klasse all in one, as I love the depth, and clarity of the reflection, and as a cleaner wax, (if used properly) will negate the need for a polish (Unless the car is REALLY messed up).

As for Polishes, I`m not sure what`s the best to use. In the past, I`ve used the Griot`s garage 3 stage machine polish, but it`s WAY expensive, and IMHO, the results aren`t as good as they should be for that cost. Also, I`ve been using Griot`s speed shine and clay bar to take care of the paint contaminates, but once again, they are co$tly... What is a good clay and lube for a great price?

Thanks for all the help, and I look foward to being a valued member in this community.

Post Thanks / Like
    First :welcome

Welcome to Autopia, here`s a link for clay

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/tps-clylub.html
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome. thanks much. I`ll go ahead and order that.

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that a car doesn`t necessarily have to be "really f*cked up" to require a polish...AIO or a similar product can only do so much, and I think that you`ll encounter most situations needing more than AIO, unless of course you`re only going to be offering a "wash and wax" type setup.

So, for polishes, the Menzerna line is great (especially if you`re going to move to a rotary), but for ease of use, especailly with you`re PC, there are many raves for the Poorboy`s SSR Line (1, 2, 2.5, 3). The numbers denote the cutting action of each, SSR3 (Super Swirl Remover) being the "cutting" workhorse of the group, but you`ll find 2.5 provides a very nice combination of aggressiveness with little to no hazing (while SSR3 will need to be followed with, say SSR1). In addition to Menzerna or the Poorboy`s, the Optimum Polish is also very nice and I`ve had quite a nice "general" satisfaction with the Polish, it`s quite versatile and inexpensive.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I`ll look into that.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re starting out as a pro, look into The Chemical Guys lineup. I use their stuff, and its half the price of anyone else`s, with similar if not better results. Their clay is top notch, and their SMR`s are identical to Poorboy`s - at 20 bucks a gallon. They`re not Menzerna good (90%, though), but Menzerna is up to 5 times more expensive, and tough to work via PC. Not a lot of the guys here have used their products, as they`re aimed at more of a pro market. Everyone who has has been quite happy with them, however.

www.thechemicalguys.com , for about 300 bucks you could pick up enough stuff to do 20+ cars start to finish.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know! thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by themightytimmah
    If you`re starting out as a pro, look into The Chemical Guys lineup. I use their stuff, and its half the price of anyone else`s, with similar if not better results. Their clay is top notch, and their SMR`s are identical to Poorboy`s - at 20 bucks a gallon. They`re not Menzerna good (90%, though), but Menzerna is up to 5 times more expensive, and tough to work via PC. Not a lot of the guys here have used their products, as they`re aimed at more of a pro market. Everyone who has has been quite happy with them, however.

www.thechemicalguys.com , for about 300 bucks you could pick up enough stuff to do 20+ cars start to finish.

That link isn`t quite right. Here`s the one I got from the review thread you posted www.chemicalguys.com.

SMR=polish right? What makes you say they`re the same as poorboys? I`m assuming you`re saying poorboys buys it from chemical guys? That would be awesome...twice the cost and 8 times the product and that`s being generous to PB. Could you link which ones would be the CG`s equivalents to SSR1, SSR2, SSR2.5, and SSR3? That would be very much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, hope this doesnt turn into another "chemical guy w/o bashing...etc" threads

but yes, which CG polishes/compounds are equivalant to the PBs? 2.5 especially

Post Thanks / Like
    I searched and couldn`t really find a post by anyone who had used both. Is the belief that they are the same just based on they`re looking the same? I did find several other things on the CG`s site that looked and sounded very similar to PB products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heya Porschephile924,

I am sorry that you lost your job, and I really hope that your new detailing business works out for you. Good Luck :xyxthumbs

Anyways, I completely agree with pigeonbus in that AIO should not be your only pre-wax prep (other than clay)...Most swirls will laugh at AIO...Removing physical damage just isn`t AIO main strength. With that said, I highly recommend the purchase of some sort of mechanical/abrasive polish. The Menzerna line are my favorites, but the high cost makes them very "pro-unfriendly" (of course you could pass that cost to the customer but that`s a different topic). In your situation, I would go with Meguiar`s Professional Line especially DACP and Speed Glaze --> Great performance with the PC and great pricing. The cost of 1 gallon is even lower than the Chemical Guys swirl remover products. The only bad thing is that you can`t work in the sun.

Sparkle Auto

Just my $.02,

MCA

BTW, welcome to Autopia!!! :welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Meg`s pro line is great, particularly because they contain oils. As much as most guys here are anti-filler, they make life as a pro significantly easier. Often, cars come in with marring that is irremovable without taking off way too much clear. I use fillers to bring out the shine, without risking paint longetivity. As for SSR equivalents, the light cut is SSR1, medium is SSR2, heavy is SSR3. Laser Buff is a real honey, if you get a rotary. Its similar to Malco, great for production work. Not so good for high-end details, but if you ever "slum it" with dealership work, repos, etc (I`m not proud, OK! ), you can buff out a whole car in an hour.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Thread Information