Effort Pa/Stroudsburg Area just over the NJ border.
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my passions besides detailing is riding bmx bikes. I have been riding since i was about 15 and im now 23. I own a mobile detailing business and have a great partner Brian, who helps everything go smooth. Anyways I put in alot to detailing from washing the truck 7 days a week, calling clients, doing the vehicles etc. A few days a week from usually about 6-8 pm I ride my flatland bike, but it is hard cause i cant get my mind off the business. Worried about getting more customers when it goes slow, calling people. making sure everything is ordered etc.

Do you guys set time for yourself to enjoy activities, and how many hours a week do you put into work? I calculated my hours per week is about 72 hours of work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I would say I work about 25-30 hours per week total, including keeping my own cars looking nice for the business, 3 or so details, and ordering/inventorying stuff.

A couple tips to make your life easier (possibly a lot easier)

1. QD the truck (poorboy`s S+W) rather than washing.

2. Find a supplier you can really trust in the local area, so that if you forget to order stuff, you can get it right away. That`ll really help your peace of mind.

3. Call clients while driving from job to job if you do mobile work. It turns wasted time into profitable time, and I find that the times I`m working are a good time to call clients (not interrupting them at dinner, etc).
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    I put in about 60-75 hours during a six day week at my shop. During that time I do the detailing (along with employees), advertising, accounting, ordering of product, maintenance & cleaning of the shop, etc. I rarely do business related things outside of that time except for face-to-face marketing when I can or just brain storming.

As far as scheduling free time, Sundays are the only days I can think about scheduling something to do. Otherwise I just take it where I can get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never know when I will have time for myself. Our shop closes at 6pm but we are not allways done at that time. There have been many times that it would be 12:30 before we walked out of the shop. We try to only do half days on Saturday because we work so much during the week. And it has to be something big for me to go in on Sunday. I have a 8 month old son and its hard not seeing him all that much. So for me Sunday is spelled Sonday.

James

Thread Information