Post Thanks / Like
    I am starting my summer job in a few weeks but have enough free time to do some detailing on the side. I made some flyers and am thinking about handing them out to neighbors in my rather large neighborhood and friends. Since I don`t have a detailing company set up, is this alright to do? I may just be worrying about stupid stuff but because it will be all cash I was just a bit worried about making money on the side. Any advice? I have plenty of products and thought I wouldn`t charge as much as pro detailers.

Thanks for the help,

-Ryan
    1991 Nissan 300ZX (Black)

Check out my 300ZX!

Post Thanks / Like
    I started out doing that sort of thing, before I went full-time as my summer job. A few things to remember - keep your car looking sweet, use it to prove to people that you`re as good as any pro, charge pretty close to other pros in the area. I am probably not any cheaper than any of the other local guys, and although I don`t have a shop, I feel that my work is better than most if not all of the work they do.

If you do a few prominent peoples cars, cut them a deal at first and still do a top-notch job, then wait for them to tell all their freinds, tell them not to mention the price they paid, and jack up the prices. BAM! instant business model .
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Car detailing is competitive, try getting detail work for other modes of transporation, boats at the local marina or airplanes at the local airport, less competition and bigger jobs = bigger bucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all be insured people will try to F you over all the time. Sign a weiver each car stating any known problems visable and mech to free you of any premade dmg claims. If you are going to do the job right price yourself right. Cheaper price means low end cars. A higherprice will bring in the money customers but don`t "rip" people off.
    Brian M

Rich`s Mobile Auto Detailing, 2Slot Media

03 Hummer H2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! Ill keep all that stuff in mind and hopefully post some details as soon as I get some done.

-Ryan
    1991 Nissan 300ZX (Black)

Check out my 300ZX!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mazz what kind of waiver do you use? Should I seek local legal council before drawing one up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Its always good to have local legal advice due to different laws in each state/township etc. Our`s state make model milage, gas in car, then all aspects of the car form windsheild wipers/fluid to the power door switchs. We check everythign and anything that can be broken to make sure it works or doesn`t we then inform the client and have them sign the sheet stating they know of all problems and we cannot be held reliable for any damges known and signed for. If the client will not sign we will not detail.
    Brian M

Rich`s Mobile Auto Detailing, 2Slot Media

03 Hummer H2

Thread Information