I have started up my own small detailing business working out of my house. I have just now talked to my first few customers, and have only done one detail for pay as of this post. I was wondering if anyone had any advise or tips for me on different things that work or don`t in the detailing business, as well as any other general advise about detailing.

Feel free to get technical about cars, I`ve been working on them since I was 10, so I know a little bit , but this is the first time I`ve gone into making money off of it.

This was kind of a spur of the moment thing. I knew I needed to make some money this summer since I`m about to move off to college, but I didn`t know how I was going to do it. I had also just bought my PC and quite a bit of supplies for my personal use. I have always been nuts (autopian without knowing it) about detailing my cars, and my friends have always come to me for advise about detailing, so it all kinda fell into place. the spark was when I recently did a FULL detail of my moms van, I had so many people ask me about it that it wasn`t funny. then one of them asked me how much I would charge, the another, then a third, and before I knew it I had about 6 people lined up wanting me to detail their cars. So I`m going to. :nixweiss sounds like a good way to make my PC and all my supplies pay for themselves...