Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone,

In a few weeks I will be detailing a dark green LT1 vette. Is there anything that I need to look for when detailing this car. To elaborate common problems, tricky areas, paint problems, any tips .

Any information would be greatly appreciated

andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Bring something to sit on (with wheels if you have it). Trust me, as low as Vettes sit, your back will thank you. I have a creeper that folds up into a seat that I use for cars like vettes. With my creeper I can roll around as I polish and it makes the job a lot easier. Plan on working on the car for a while because the clear is hard. Have fun, post pics. :xyxthumbs
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vette clear is HARD!!! Bring an appropriate level polish and set aside a good chunk of your time.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a black corvette to do next weekend, this car is swirled to hell. What do you think I should charge, and should I start out with PG then go to FP or will I need to go over it with IP as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Start with IP and a polishing pad...work up if you need to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 1 Clean WS6

Vette clear is HARD!!! Bring an appropriate level polish and set aside a good chunk of your time.
    Yo sure are right about that....I was hurting so bad last night. Just the trunk alone took me like 2hrs to do and i still have some minor random scratches. I am thinking about getting the lamb pad. I even mixed up 3MPIIIRC & IP together with yellow pad. Seems to help but i need a more agressive pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shaun Carollo

I have a black corvette to do next weekend, this car is swirled to hell. What do you think I should charge, and should I start out with PG then go to FP or will I need to go over it with IP as well?
    Go straight to yellow pad. I have a black one aswell and i can tell you up front that the coat is TOUGH!!!!!. If i had known i would have gotten a the lamb pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be Detailing a black corvette next Monday, its not that bad of shape a few imperfections here and there. I plan on spending about 2 days detailing just the exterior. Taking out any imperfections, wet sanding the OEM orange peal, rotary then the PC. When putting three coats of Z2 then 2 or 3 coats of Souverän paste wax. Wanted to put Z3 on but it takes a week to get here and itâ€â„¢s the only chance I have to detail it, besides just only a few hours I have every few weeks on it. I don`t have a pic but here is a pic of what it looks like, it`s the same model and color as the one on Zaino`s web site. http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/photos/felixC5.jpg

I will borrow a digital cam to post pic`s on before and after some time next week if any body wants to see them? If anyone has any comments please feel free to. This is my first time doing a high end full exterior detail on a high end car, I just wished I had more of them, small town.

Thread Information