Post Thanks / Like
    WAZ UP GUYS!?

I got a great call today to do 2 beautiful choppers. I had an hour conversation with the guy. He made sure to tell me if this turns out the way I said it would and others (reputation) Alot of work will be coming my way. So this is a big deal for myself and my little garage detailing business. The bikes are valued at $50k each! I`ve seen pictures and there gorgeous bikes. There all metal. Mainly chrome besides the tank and some little painted metal, so no plastics on this bike. Here`s my ?`s

Is there a difference between P21S and S100? I heard there is but why would there be when you use P21S on paint and metal. I would understand if it was fiberglass or plastic. Ya know man!!:scared

What do you suggest cleaning up the chrome and protecting it? I normally use Clay, AIO and the SG. I was very happy with using it before on chrome and how clean and shinny it got. Biggest complimant I got is how clean it stayed and how easier it was to clean.

Any suggestions or experiences you guys have had? I`m going to probably to do this with the paint.

Clay, Paint cleaner, Paint Polish (SFX-3 finish polish), AIO, SG and P21S. It`s a heated garage so I"m going to go with 16 hrs cure with the SG.

I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!
    Long Live My Audi. She Will Dearly Be missed.

Visit My Gallery if you wish!

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    P21S â€â€œ S100 as youâ€â„¢ve surmised, no difference just the packaging/price

Chrome- Cleaning Methodology:

â€Â¢Thoroughly rinse surface to remove any loose surface dirt or dust.

â€Â¢Wash the surface with a citrus-based APC cleaner (P21S Total Auto Wash, autogeek.com))

â€Â¢Use detailers clay to remove any imbedded surface dirt

â€Â¢Use a chrome or a chemical cleaner (Simichrome, eastwood.com or Klasse All-In-One, autogeek.com) to remove any surface blemishes

â€Â¢Use a mild polish (P21S Muti-Surface Finish Restorer, autogeek.com) to remove any scratches if necessary.

â€Â¢To restore chrome that is pitted or has rust spots, remove with #0000 synthetic steel wool and /or a metal polish (Auto Wenol Blue, or use Red for chrome restoration)

â€Â¢Finally apply a polymer sealant (Zoopseal, eastwood.com) to provide lasting protection

Due to the softness of the metallic plating it is very easy to induce a swirl marks to the finish so use straight-line motions only. Use a soft brush to remove any dried polish from seams or folds. For both chrome and highly polished aluminum, use a mildly abrasive metal polish (Simichrome ).

For wheel spokes or hard to reach spots use Luster Strips (autogeek,com)

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW...Never, never use Simichrome on any chrome plated surface. It contains abrasives and is guaranteed to scratch your chrome. It is for aluminum/stainless and is a polish to make those metals SIMIlar to Chrome.

Find a decent chrome polish that contains zero abrasives. For added protection, you can use some of the popular sealants like NXT or Wolfgang`s stuff. All good.
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Lace Luster is awesome on motorcycles. It`s a fabric w/ metal polish built in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash the bikes with S100 Total Cycle Cleaner. Make sure you rinse it all off and then dry.

I normally use Vanilla Moose to polish out the chrome and Souveran to top whatever polishing steps I need to do.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    TOGWT-

I always used SG for a final topper on Chrome. On my practive bike I did last year. It`s still going strong after a year. Dirt won`t stick and always looks shinny and the damn owner keeps talking about how great it looks. I also use cleaners with orange oil. Normally at a cooking store I get it. I think it`s called Orange Cleaner. That`s what I thought about S100 and P21S.

HotRodGuy-

Where can I get that stuff!! I was going to try Flitz. I`ve heard that stuff is awesome cleaning and protecting metal. I love that polisher that you can put on the end of a drill. It would be great for hard to reach places.
    Long Live My Audi. She Will Dearly Be missed.

Visit My Gallery if you wish!

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Totoland Mach

WOW...Never, never use Simichrome on any chrome plated surface. It contains abrasives and is guaranteed to scratch your chrome. It is for aluminum/stainless and is a polish to make those metals SIMIlar to Chrome.

Find a decent chrome polish that contains zero abrasives. For added protection, you can use some of the popular sealants like NXT or Wolfgang`s stuff. All good.

Simichrome Metal Polish

SHINES UP ALUMINUM, MAGNESIUM, AND CHROME. USE THIS POLISH ON EVERYTHING FROM CAR MIRROR MOUNTS TO DULL ANTIQUE RADIO TRIM! BETTER GET TWO, IT HAS MANY USES AROUND THE HOME. COMES IN THREE DIFFERENT SIZE CONTAINERS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. MADE IN GERMANY. Eastwood.com

No matter what my opinion, there is always an opposing and often equally valid response.

If been using Simichrome on `shiny` soft metals forr quite a few years without problems or I wouldn`t recommend its use. Have you experienced scratching when using it?

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using simichrome for years too with no problems. It is a very fine polish and polymer product.

I`m interested in your experience with it and the problems you had. Can you give us more details? I too have been recommending Simichrome to others based on my own experience with it on chrome and even softer metals, maybe there is a problem with certain kinds of chrome? I`m interested.
    Later ......

Mike

Thread Information