Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious to see who and how many pro`s paid the $75.00 dues for the Professional Detailing Technician`s Association.

www.detailersassociation.com
    Doug Lucas
    The Detail Barn

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking into that. I always look into associations before i send them money.

Post Thanks / Like
    I passed on it......
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I paid it because I had some extra money. I like the idea of what they`re trying to do and will give them my support for now. I`ll see what they can do over this next year.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in as well, I know the people running it JIm Hammil, he is committed to getting the association working for the good of all professional detailers. Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Paid in full. Be part of the solutions to the problems the industry faces or be a part of the problem...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

I passed on it......

Same here. Until I see what they really will do, vs intend to do, I`ll hang on to my money. I was a member of the PDA and basically, I was paying an annual fee to get vendors to send me junk mail.

Those of you who`ve paid, let me know in 6 months if it really is worth it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, I don`t really see what they offer yet. When I see that then I`ll join.

Post Thanks / Like
    My view of what a professional detailing association should be varies greatly from others. I do not see an association that is focused on us, the detailers.

Contrary to most, I clearly see an association that is focused on the needs of our customers and especially our potential customers. The people driving around in their dirty cars who know very little about what professional detailers have to offer.

Since the association began last year; how has being a member helped detailers to improve and become more focused on meeting and exceeding the needs of their customers and especially their potential customers?

Post Thanks / Like
    I passed on it also, we had a free listing since the start and maybe three hits as a result. I think $75 is way too steep, I would have paid $25 and no more.

Post Thanks / Like
    $75 WAY TOO STEEP ?!?!?! Thatâ€â„¢s almost what a pro detailer would make in two car washes or about 65% of what a wash and wax cost or about a third the price of a full detail. MY GOD MAN IT IS 20 CENTS A DAY!

I joined and I had dinner with Jim and a few of the members at the mobile tech expo. And they are some really super great great guys.

Detailers SHOULD help build the association for detailers by detailers. Ask what YOU can do for the association first then see what benefits you will reap from it.

If Jim and Brian and the others that gave up much free time after work and away from friends and family WITH NO PAY (YEP ALL THAT WORK FOR FREE) to get an association started for us REAL professional detailers then we owe them at the very least our support.

If you can`t afford $75 then you actually need the association more then the ones that joined already.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Superior Shine

$75 WAY TOO STEEP ?!?!?! Thatâ€â„¢s almost what a pro detailer would make in two car washes or about 65% of what a wash and wax cost or about a third the price of a full detail. MY GOD MAN IT IS 20 CENTS A DAY!

I joined and I had dinner with Jim and a few of the members at the mobile tech expo. And they are some really super great great guys.

Detailers SHOULD help build the association for detailers by detailers. Ask what YOU can do for the association first then see what benefits you will reap from it.

If Jim and Brian and the others that gave up much free time after work and away from friends and family WITH NO PAY (YEP ALL THAT WORK FOR FREE) to get an association started for us REAL professional detailers then we owe them at the very least our support.

If you can`t afford $75 then you actually need the association more then the ones that joined already.

i understand what you are saying and i give credit to Jim & Brian. They way I look at things though is I join after I know it will help me. What sucks is that this is like a catch 22, they can not grow unless people join, and people will not join unless they grow.

as for giving up free time, i give up much of time to help others, i just am not sure about this pdta yet. It sounds really good, but I do not see how it is going to help as there name is not out there yet.

A good idea is to have members for free, these member can have stickers or some kind of sign in the shop saying they are a member, customer will begin to notice that sign and go to the webstite. This is how pdta can begin to get customer credit and have people view the website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NY detailer

A good idea is to have members for free, these member can have stickers or some kind of sign in the shop saying they are a member, customer will begin to notice that sign and go to the webstite. This is how pdta can begin to get customer credit and have people view the website.

This is an excellent idea, however, the association does not appear to be focused on the needs of the customer.

The primary focus appears to be on meeting their own needs, not the customer.

Hey, stop by their site and read all the reasons to join the PDTA for yourself. You decide.

Reasons to join the PDTA.

http://www.detailersassociation.com/reasons.html

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be getting around to it, I suppose. Mostly `cause Joe made me feel bad...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mirrorfinishman

This is an excellent idea, however, the association does not appear to be focused on the needs of the customer.

The primary focus appears to be on meeting their own needs, not the customer.

Hey, stop by their site and read all the reasons to join the PDTA for yourself. You decide.

Reasons to join the PDTA.

http://www.detailersassociation.com/reasons.html

to be honest with you I can belong to 100 associations, but it is the customer that i want to please.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information