Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    We do get it..but the people behind it "they" are shooting for goals that some would like to see started before spending money on. Im not going to spend $75 to have my name on a website... when it shows benifits then i`ll join.
    Brian M

Rich`s Mobile Auto Detailing, 2Slot Media

03 Hummer H2

Post Thanks / Like
    To all the people not in favor of joining> I think if each of you had the opportunity to talk with Jim and Brian face to face you would change your mind. These guys are NOT doing this to benefit their own needs, infact they used much of their own money to get this thing off the ground, how many of us would of done such a thing? With that in mind, and knowing their intentions, I joined to give them a fair chance of being successful. If things go as planned all the members will reap the awards. Just my 2 cents. Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    I do get it Joe, just like I got the intentions behind the PDA. Problem was, there just wasn`t any tangible benefits in it. Like I said, if a few months down the road, this new organization is delivering on their promises, I`ll most likely join.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

New Jersey -- Attitude Capital of the World!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Superior Shine

I don`t think some of you get it. You refer to the association as "they" and "them" for example - "I would like to see what they have to offer later down the roadÃâ‚Â -

The association is US, ME, YOU. Join, participate, make suggestions, and volunteer your time.

Joe, Scott, Gary, Dean and David,

Thank you for your support of our efforts.

You are exactly right about the association as a whole meaning "they, us and you." Jim, Rob, Scott, Gary, Renny and myself are the ones who are running the show behind the scenes. A lot of people forget that this is a NOT FOR PROFIT association. The money we receive, we spend it on the benefit of our members. The Board of Trustees doesn`t get a taste of any profits. Security and piece of mind to show this is a legitimate association will come from an outside audit, which will be made available to all paying members.

The $75.00 is a business expense and can be written off on your taxes. A way of justifying the payment can be done when you receive your free Stoner, Inc. sampling kit -- which costs $49.95 right there. That`s 66% right there.

As of now, we are 45 members strong and growing. Not bad for only 2 months of mandated paid memberships. We are expecting the number to soar even higher after our ad in this month`s issue of Professional Carwashing & Detailing magazine.

If interested, you can read a few articles here:

http://www.carwash.com/keyword.asp?mode=2&keyword=PDTA

http://www.carwash.com/News.asp?mode=4&N_ID=50352

http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?indexid=6634842

http://www.detailersassociation.com/reasons.html

Thanks again for the continued support by our colleagues.
    Brian Angelucci

Precision Auto & Marine

Professional Detailing Technician`s Association

Post Thanks / Like
    I payed up this year, as I did last year.

The PDTA supports the industry, and they promote the industry, and thats just what the industry needs if it is to move forward. So I`ll gladly pay even though my company is in the UK and can`t take advantage of many of the benefits.

However, if I need a justification for shelling out $74, thats easy, they provide a link to my website from thiers. That alone is worth $75.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking into it. This post just reminded me of it again. The only thing I don`t like is there forums. I was reading through them and some poor guy asked what products to use and a manufacturer jumped down his throat about it. Maybe they should move to a dedicated forum on their own or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    I have been looking into it. This post just reminded me of it again. The only thing I don`t like is there forums. I was reading through them and some poor guy asked what products to use and a manufacturer jumped down his throat about it. Maybe they should move to a dedicated forum on their own or something.
    There is a forum within the members section which is dedicated and private... You have probably been to the forum that is a subsection of another well known web site.

I know what you mean, but the internet is a bit like the wild west and you do have to learn to hold your own. In all honesty, even as a professional I find certain forums intimidating when they are full of enthusiasts, who will often act as groupies to an established member who may be very knowlegeable, but may be a complete blowhard! That can be very difficult to deal with as you end up arguing against a crowd. But if a manufacturer is shoving things down your throat, then you can politely tell them to stop (where to go). As far as I know, some manufacturers are better respected than others over there, but none has an unhealthy amount of influence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by !Danny!
    There is a forum within the members section which is dedicated and private... You have probably been to the forum that is a subsection of another well known web site.

I know what you mean, but the internet is a bit like the wild west and you do have to learn to hold your own. In all honesty, even as a professional I find certain forums intimidating when they are full of enthusiasts, who will often act as groupies to an established member who may be very knowlegeable, but may be a complete blowhard! That can be very difficult to deal with as you end up arguing against a crowd. But if a manufacturer is shoving things down your throat, then you can politely tell them to stop (where to go). As far as I know, some manufacturers are better respected than others over there, but none has an unhealthy amount of influence.
    Oh ok, so the members forum is seperate. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO they need to show a mission statement on their web page. From what I understand of their goals it’s to big of a mountain to move for the chiefs. Maybe some realistic goals would increase the membership. It’s only $75

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw that key members, including Ketch, are trying to do just that. It looks like they need all the feedback and support from the members that they can get.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the association actually have a mission statement that clearly defines the purpose and goals of the organization?

Here are my thoughts in regard to why an association needs a mission statement.

1- A mission statement clearly defines why an association exists in the first place. A focused view of its fundatmental purpose.

2- A mission statement includes a concise description of the values and goals of the association. Giving the association a sense of meaning and direction.

3- A mission statement identifies in real terms who, what, where, when and how the association serves.

4- A mission statement is not about member benefits or what people want from an association.

5- A mission statement is about who an association is, what it does, and how it serves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorfinishman
    Does the association actually have a mission statement that clearly defines the purpose and goals of the organization? .

LOL...............To drink beer and eat pizza on our money. JUST JOKING!!!

The Defense; It’s actually very hard work becoming and running NPO’s. At any time “anyone†can ask for a copy of the books and if they don’t comply fining can be induced. They have taken an enormous responsibility on creating this. I don’t think anyone is retired and they all have business to run besides.

The Offence; I don’t think it’s the amount of money that’s holding detailers back from joining. We don’t need to tell them why not, they need to prove why. They need to step back and ask themselfs, why don’t we have 500 to 1000 members that we should have?

Professionally, what really raises people fur is when the cheerleaders start preaching it’s only $75, when it’s not about the money.

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you that became members...how long did it take you to get your member info. to log in? I paid yesterday morning and have not heard one single thing from them yet. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have not gotten a confirmation from them or a reply to my e-mail. Anyone else able to get a hold of them?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think it`s an automated process... and they don`t have a full time staff. But they have usually responded to my mails next day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information