Post Thanks / Like
    Hello to all, Im a newbie to this site. Im sort of an information junkie, and love forums. I have a mobile detail business NW Arkansas (home of Wal-mart). I was approached last night about franchising my business name, and getting some fleet business. My only dilema is I have no idea on how to bid fleet business. Just curious if anyone here has worked with large volumes of cars, and how did you bid it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t done fleet business myself (most is personal biz), but a place I used to work had a contract for detailing/washing of vehicles. The company that did the detailing did it 2 different ways. One was through a wash book, where we bought x amount of washes per month and they could be used however we wanted with the coupon, which was obviously at a discounted rate. Then, whenever a vehicle actually needed detailing, we received that at like a 25% off listed prices.

The second way they handled it was a flat per vehicle price. Each vehicle received a permanent sticker and it could be washed as often as needed (or as little). If a vehicle not on the plan needed washed, we got like 10% off the list price and it was handled the same as above for full-details.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fleet is good and bad.

Here is the good.

Fleet business is always there for you (most of the time), when it comes to fleet washing, you and the owner of the company pick a day that all the vehicles will be washed. I do my fleet washing on sundays so they are all clean for the week. When detailing is slow you have the fleet washing. It may lead to other accounts as businesses talk to each other.

The BAD.

Mess up once and your gone, there is always someone ready and looking to take your place. Fleet washing is always looking for the lowest price to wash the vehicle. I have some accounts for $10 per vehicle. Others that i turned down wanted to give me $2 per vehicle. ( i laughed at that one) when detailing gets busy you must remember that you must wash the fleet, you cant say your to tired or you will do it tomorrow. Contract work comes first.

Post Thanks / Like
    1- What is the mission of your mobile detail business?

2- What planning have you done in regard to exactly how you want to grow your business?

3- Before this person approached you, did you have any thoughts about `franchising your business name, and getting some fleet business`?

Thread Information