Post Thanks / Like
    It has been about a week now since I detailed a car, my longest dry spell. The weather here in Chicago has been in a word a MESS. Today they are calling for freezing rain to add to the horror. I finally have an appointment coming in today, but as I look back in my records, Jan has been slow. I hate this weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by turbomangt

It has been about a week now since I detailed a car, my longest dry spell. The weather here in Chicago has been in a word a MESS. Today they are calling for freezing rain to add to the horror. I finally have an appointment coming in today, but as I look back in my records, Jan has been slow. I hate this weather.

I`m with ya...

Not a pro, but more a part-time warrior. The weather has been mild which is good, but we haven`t had an entire day of sun in weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    February is almost always my worst month because that seems when the weather is the worst in the Dallas area. January is usually real strong if the weather is decent, the first couple of weeks, I have a lot of details for my customer`s college aged kids vehicles before they head off to school.

November this past year was just horrible. Long stretches of rain, a couple nice days, then 3-4 days of rain again. I lost a total of 14 days. Not much you can do either.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it!!! Granted, we get average about 12-14 inches of rain per year so I don`t have too much to worry about.

I put money aside all year long to help me survive the rainy season. I can not work for almost 3 months and still be OK.

I am really glad I did this year as it has been raining for the last three weeks here (so far over 20 inches of rain-we are breaking records) and next week I am going away to florida to attend the mobile tech expo. I am orig. from Fla so I will stay an extra week to visit family to.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe,

How`s it going down there in LA? Did you guys see that mud/landslide in La Cochita? About 15 homes and 12 missing (which sucks). About 15 min. from my house. They are evacuating 3-4 streets right now about 1 mile from here, but I will be fine.

Goodluck to all who are dealing with this in CA.

Rob
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    tough luck for them but you have to use your noodle and think that buying a house right next to a big dirt hill maybe isn`t the bst thing to do!!! stay dry!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe-I hope you guys start drying out....and send the rain north of Texas! I`ve heard about all the problems California has been having. Just unreal.

I set money aside each year but the last 4 winters have been real rough here and I end up using most of what I hold back. I wish we`d have a few nice winters so I can really stockpile some extra.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by turbomangt

I hear ya Gary. I absolutely hate this time of year. We bust our *** 9 months out of the year and then business is garbage for 3. Nature of the beast if you are in the Northern part of the country. I am just working hard updating my customer database and setting up our marketing & business plan for next year.

Thread Information