Thread: Going rate????

Post Thanks / Like
    What would be a good going rate for the following

1.Wash. (clean door jams/vacuum/clean & protect all interior pnls/ cleann all windows inside & out)

2. Clay bar

3. 3M PI-II (remove medium to light scrathes and swirls)

4. Polish (1Z PP)

5. Wax

6. Shampoo wash

I did a Nissan sentra that looked like it was clean with a SOS pad. it took me 6 hours total with a DA. I made 80 bucks, Only becuase she was a good friend should I charge more?

Post Thanks / Like
    A Mobile detailer in town here in FL charges $80 for an hour and half of work. About the lowest labor only auto work I`ve found is $25 per hour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MENTALLY ILL

I made 80 bucks, Only becuase she was a good friend should I charge more?

Did you ever think about helping out a good friend without having to make money? You will usually get even more detailing work, from paying customers, as a result of taking care of family and friends for FREE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have, The first two cars I did were free of charge for practice. The next one was a Ford expedition for 40 bucks to cover just materials. So it`s time to start making some money..Plus i`ll be going home this X-mas, having a 94 Corvette (MOM) and a 03 Eclipes (Sister). how many free jobs should i do before i go broke???????

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve also got a lot of cars to detail this x-mas break. When I go home I`ll be doing my parents and sisters cars for a total of 5 cars. I think I`ll be spending more time in the garage then with the family, but I love doing it and seeing their reactions so it`s worth it

Post Thanks / Like
    Amen "becks"

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t always charge my friends, just depends on what kin of friend they are.

For my Family, no charge as I am giving a full detail, inside and out, for Christmas. That`s like 6 cars but I get to do it on my time and best of all, I already have the products so the costs will be minimal.

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    My own personal philosophy - family and friends are free of charge. The quality of your work pays for itself via word of mouth advertising . . . I can`t tell you how many referrals I get this way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Friends are free if they lend a helping hand or bring beverages and want to hang out ect. If they just drop the car off or want me to come out and do it while they are at work I charge them for my time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Family is free, and true friends are deep discount or free as Scottabir said if they help. If i`m using my products and they want more than 2 or 3 hours work they should be willing to pay something. I do not go to their work and freeload, this is my job and i see enough vehicles during the week.

Post Thanks / Like
    $150
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    If your a pro and follow all the business, environmental, and tax laws you need to get 250 to 350 for your area (No Cal). If your risking gov`t sanctions and not giving invoice, paying taxes, following environmental procedures (recylced water and mat), I`d charge 150, and only take CASH. Again that`s because of where you live, $80 dollars would be Idaho wages. You can`t wipe your *** in Cali for 80 bucks. If it`s all about doing something you love and the money is secondary, go ahead and charge whatever it takes for you to get the job. My friends don`t understand that I would rather detail a car than go fishing.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Thread Information