Post Thanks / Like
    What about giving your best customers a microfiber towel?

Here`s my thinking...every customer likes freebies and you can probably do a bulk purchase deal on MF. Maybe for regular customers or holiday specials to keep up business thru winter you can give one MF towel to each of your better customers as a holiday gift to show how you appreciate their business.

Maybe give a wrapped towel with your business card and instructions about what MF is for, why it is expensive (they should be aware that this is not some random shop rag), how you care for it, and what other uses it might have.

My mom has been asking about MF since she has seen several housecleaning shows that say MF is the only way to go. She wants me to get her some towels for cleaning glass. So maybe if the customer won`t use it his/her significant other will.

May even want to bundle a small spray bottle of QD (or glass cleaner?) for in between spritzes until you see their car next...

Maybe there is even a way to add in your logo or have the same color of the detailer`s logo.

Just an idea....
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I do better, I give them all a car care kit. It costs me 10 bucks and goes over very well. I give them clay magic detail spray, a MF, a terry towel, a sponge, a car wash I make and put different scents in that Lady`s like, and a spray tire shine. 80% of my clients are lady`s because well most dudes want to do their car themselves. Then I give then written instructions, and I recommend they buy mr clean AD and a synthetic chamois. Once they get this I swear they`ll never go to another pro detailer. The key is finding good deals and buying lots of it cheaply.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/clma49shcllu.html
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve thought about stuff like that but the vast majority of my customers would sooner eat stuff from Fear Factor than get their hands dirty cleaning their own car.

If I had more customers that regularly take care of their cars and just have them detailed as a treat for themselves, it would be a real good idea.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Lee,

Sounds like a good idea. Most customers would really appreciate you taking the time to give them such a unique gift. And I especially like the part about only giving the microfiber towels to your best customers. When you stop and think about it, most of the time, 80% of your income usually comes from 20% percent of your customers. That 20% usually make up your group of `best customers`. Thanks for sharing a very good idea.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been doing this for about 8 months, for clients with with black cars, mostly (45% of my volume). I use a Ziplock bag for a blue 16x16 JTInternational MF and a 12 0z bottle of AutoMgic`s #49 QD. (I scored the GROSS of QD From David B about a year ago, for $1 each!) So the `gift` costs me $3.

Very inexpensive PR move, and gives me an opportunity to stress the need for a quality, careful approach to car care.

Thos supplies are dwindling, and I need to source an inexpensive QD...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    "When you stop and think about it, most of the time, 80% of your income usually comes from 20% percent of your customers. That 20% usually make up your group of `best customers`. Thanks for sharing a very good idea."

No problem Frank. I`m heartened to see that some here are doing things like this for their customers.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I had this idea a while back to sell to my promotional marketing clients that deal in car related businesses (dealers, repair shops, etc.). I haven`t had time to mess with it recently, but here are a few things I discovered:

U-Line has some really nice zip-loc style bags that are inexpensive. If I remeber correctly, like $40 per 1000. They are a heavy `parts storage` type, not the disposable type. I think this is important, to make it more than a disposable type of bag.

What my plan was was to print up 1/4 sheet cards on a nice card stock that would contain my cleint`s logo, contact info, etc. They could be printed 4 to a sheet of card stock, then cut. Obviuosly, the bags would be just large enough (like 4 1/4" x 5 1/2") to slip the card into. The card would also have care insturctions on the bottom, with the line "store your microfiber cloth in this bag at all times", and hopefully they keep the card in there as well. Even if you did the cards in color, you`re at under a quarter cost per card. So then the card becomes the `face` of your packaging, with the towel folded behind it.

Then just add in the cloth (I was working with JT on pricing and Tom was very reasonable), and you`ve got a nice little promotion! I`d also toss in a few business cards.

My car cleints that I`ve talked with about this really like it-so maybe this thread will get me motivated to do it.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done this once to a good customer and he really appreciated it.
    Sean L. Searls

03 Mitsu. EVOVIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Strange you should mentioned that as I have doing that for almost a year. My customers like it and I get a lot of compliments. Women enjoy it the most.

Post Thanks / Like
    A MF towel, some Golf Balls, a cigar for the clients you know that smoke them, a key bouy for the marine clients, etc... Logo Embossed Promotional items when coupled with a small stack of business cards can go a long way!! If you have had shirts made up for your business, get in touch with that company, and they can probably sell you more gizmos gadgets and promo tools than you can imagine!

Thread Information