Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys I bought a car on EBay and Im having it shipped to Boston on monday Nov. 22nd. I was wondering if there were any good pros that could give it a nice full detail before it gets shipped to me. Its a 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo Guards red that the seller describes as a "driver in need of a good detail" Im looking for Full detail interior/exterior/engine.

Heres the car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4502138494

Thanks,

Zack Berry

Greensho93@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like
    why wouldn`t you want it detailed after? It will get awful dirty in transport.
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know of any good detailers up here and I can always wash it when it gets here but I think it needs some good rotary time and skills beyond mine... I figure its worth a shot to find someone with skills like Scottwax that might be in Omaha:-)

Zack

Post Thanks / Like
    Zackb911,

I`m in Omaha. I`m a "senior design analyst" according to my business card, but I occasionally detail on the side on weekends. I`d be happy to take a look at the car here in town, let you know its condition, and have a go at cleaning it up, if you like. I generally only have time to do a big job on a weekend, and if you`re wanting engine, interior, and the paint done, I`d prefer to do it over a couple of days.

PM me if you`re interested. I completely understand if you want someone that`s full-time and does it for their living . . . I don`t have an extractor, so they could probably do a better job on any interior problems. I won`t use a rotary, either (Cyclo or Porter-Cable for me); you may consider that a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view (and the starting condition of the paint). I wish I could recommend a full-timer locally that I trust to do good work, but since I started taking serious care of my own car several years ago, I haven`t been back to a detail shop (the quality of the few places I`ve tried in the past has been iffy).

Let me know,

Tort

P.S. If nothing else, I`d be happy to have a look at the car, and give you an unbiased evaluation of the paint to make sure the seller`s description is legit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tort,

Thanks for the offer but I would like the carpets hit with an extractor and outside with rotary. I have a PC and shopvac myself Im hoping to find someone that can take attack it better than my own weekend detailer skills.

Zack

Post Thanks / Like
    Zack,

No problem (and quick response!). I just tossed an edit in my first post while you were replying . . . if you want me to take a look at the car for you, and give you a third-party`s opinion on the paint, let me know.

Tort

Thread Information