Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    I post on a good number of forums, as most here do also, and on one recent board the topic of waxes, liquid or pastes, comes up.

One member replies with this statement:

The liquids I use last up to 10 years.

This catches my eye so I reply. Here is my reply:

This is totally false.

There is no product that will last more than several months, in good conditions, on a cars surface.

Thsi is nothing but hype. It matters not if a "certificate of guarantee" comes along with it because on all dealer installed "sealants" the "buyer" must come in for re-applications on a regular basis. Most recommend coming in every 3 months for a rejuvenator or they give you some to apply it yourself. If you do not re-apply the rejuvenator then you void the warranty.

Logic would then state that if I must re-apply this "10 year sealant" every 3 months then it`s really not good for 10 years and also what`s the difference if I wax my car every 3 months?

So again there is no sealant that will last 10 years let alone 8 months. I am not calling "Markgase2000" a liar but rather the statement made is false and he (or she) has been given false and misleading information.

As for the liquid/paste question......liquid waxes generally give great shine and gloss, usually more so than pastes, but they do not last as long as pastes because of the higher solvent content. Most enthusiasts prefer paste waxes because they love to feel the paint as they wax, it is a labor of love. The weekend warrior types prefer a liquid wax because its fast and easy.

Anthony

His response was:

Wow nice attack lol too bad you know nothing about it. Your all entitled to your own opinions but these products make me money and I have never had customers bring back the vehicles saying the sealant doesnt last. I have used many different paint sealants this one we made is the best Ive ever used Pearl Guard , and it comes with a lifetime guarantee that if the paint fades you get a free $5,000 factory quality paint job at the auto body shop of your choice. Oh ya I am not a liar that sucks when people call someone a liar for something simple and stupid like this especially when they obviously are clueless on the subject. I do this for a living and simply offered my help. We had cars from 7 years ago that folks had this sealant put on during purchase and it still lasted 7 years why not 3 more? I have some of the most happy ford customers (csi) reports in canada. Ummmm i just wonder what I did so bad to be called out like that? Oh well if you think Im a liar or wrong or whatever just remember I got an edge on you cus I use a Lifetime guaranteed product that kicks marketing butt with a 100% satisfaction rate so I figured it wouldnt hurt to discuss it here. Its nice to know I got an edge this edge will keep making me more and more money thanks for the ignorance it helps me make more cash! Im ready for more slings and arrows now.

So my question is....has anyone used this product, know of it and what are your feelings of the product?

Also where am I in error here?

The complete post is here http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...2&page=1&pp=15

PS- I may post the PM I got from the guy later.....sheesh

Thanks,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    That guy`s full of it! There just isn`t such an animal that will protect a paint finish like that. Keep making them shine Anthony!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if his product does last ten years, his grammar and demeanor in his reply don`t lend any credibility to him.

Does he have controlled environment tests to prove his claim? To me it just sounds like he has car owners (most definitely uneducated in finish care since they have somebody else take care of their cars) profess the wonders of his product. I call BS.
    2003 Mazda Protege ES 2.0
    Sunlight Silver Metallic
    very dirty

Post Thanks / Like
    I call BS. He sounds like a typical lifetime sealant salesman. I dont even think this guy is worth your energy hes out for $$ not paint perfection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Duck! Snake oil salesman!!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a moron... Reminds me of one of a guy i knew who thought he was a genius and nobody could convince him otherwise (even after we proved he wasn`t). I`d take it with a grain of salt. THe guy obviously doesnt know crap about what hes doing (notice no mention of how he knows its still there ???).

BTW, check out the sig

Code:
    Ford Quality Certified Detailer 5 years.

7 years Reconditioning/detailing expirience.

Pro Tec Seal Application certificates levels 1,2and3.

Museum Quality restoration (Off frame , metal finish repair and painting)

Almost 3 years running the detailing shop I work in and ran it for 1 1/2 years before that.

Real genius

Anthony, you are an almost revered member at autopia, and im sure everyone here would take your opinion over some half wits anyday.

Post Thanks / Like
    The guy is brain washed. The Clearcoat can fail if not taken care of in that timeframe or less. Maybe the used portion in the bottle will last 10 years. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Your vehicle is ready Sir, see you in 10 years. ROTFLMFAO

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, his link doesn`t work and it looks like he knew it wouldn`t. I did a search in Google and couldn`t find it. Must be really good stuff.

Refraining from a variety of remarks I`m thinking of... Sounds like snake oil to me too.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not too many here will argue with the "10 year" product being a mythical creature.

I`ll question this passage however. IMO, you got a little carried away. I`m not certain I could say without question that a product like AS`s Liquid Carnauba has a shorter life than say S100. Not to mention the liquid "sealants" products. Who doesn`t feel their paint whether applying a paste or liquid? IIRC you`re currently giving out props to a liquid spray LSP. Does that make you a "weekend warrior"? Busting your chops some, but...

Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

As for the liquid/paste question......liquid waxes generally give great shine and gloss, usually more so than pastes, but they do not last as long as pastes because of the higher solvent content. Most enthusiasts prefer paste waxes because they love to feel the paint as they wax, it is a labor of love. The weekend warrior types prefer a liquid wax because its fast and easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe we can see him at the flea market or the carnival.

Post Thanks / Like
    What the others have said. If anything, I`d ask him for some controlled-test proof, but really, I wouldn`t waste any more time on him. If his customers are happy, well :nixweiss

I too doubt that you or anybody else can tell that guy anything about anything.

IMO, reading his response tells you everything you need to know about the guy and anybody with sense will realize that a) he`s full of it, b) they wouldn`t want him anywhere near their cars, and c) any advice he might offer is highly suspect to say the least.

You stated your position quite well, he responded like an idiot; I`d leave it at that. I don`t waste much time or energy on members of the flat-earth society.

Post Thanks / Like
    That guy`s true character and intelligence is quite obvious from his post.

You reap what you sow...

I wouldn`t worry about him...just sad that some might believe him.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say that he is a misinformed brainwashed snake oil pusher. If a product worked as well as he thinks it does, i`m sure someone would have heard of it and it would be all over the place , not hidden for only a few to stumble across. I cleaned a buddy`s new burgandy Ford truck (less than a year old) that had their paint sealant on it. It already had bug and water spot damage. This is not the same sealant that this guy is pushing though.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

... I don`t waste much time or energy on members of the flat-earth society.

:LOLOL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information