Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    I found somebody that beats Anthony`s friend!

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95669

16 years protection!!! wooo

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

There`s the switch right there. He takes "paint won`t fade during this time" in the guarantee and replaces it with "product lasts this whole time" in the marketing pitch. I could keep my car in a garage at home and work, never do anything but wash and polish/glaze it, and I would be willing to guarantee it won`t fade in 10 years.

And how would you prove fade? Tape off a panel of the car, and peel the tape off 10 years later? Unless it faded horrifically, it would be hard to prove this since the whole car will fade pretty uniformly.
    I know people who never wax their cars other than the spray wax that comes with a automatic car wash, and their car are not faded, scratched up , yes, but not faded .

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by lawrencea

I know people who never wax their cars other than the spray wax that comes with a automatic car wash, and their car are not faded, scratched up , yes, but not faded .

True. Unless the clearcoat is comprimised in some way or defective, the base coat isn`t going to fade appreciably over the useful life of the vehicle. I have a customer with a 1984 Mercedes 280E whose original base coat/clear coat paint looks great.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    is it even physically possible for this substance to "seep down into the paint down to the primer" like he says.... in only (a couple?) hrs w/o heat.

even if it did "seep into the paint down to the primer" how exactly would that help with rock chips or slickness...
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    you guys are crackin me up!

To the 2 "scott`s" - Great insight from both:xyxthumbs

So there is now a sealant that lasts 16 years eh......man, it`s hard to find a marriage that lasts that long

There is no way a sealant can seep down through the clear coat/base coat to the primer and then also protect against rock chips:nono

Utter nonsense..... Moo

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    You should really let your "friend" know he could make 62.5% more money off of people!

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is that B.S. Flag icon when you need it???

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Rob Tomlin

Where is that B.S. Flag icon when you need it???

http://www.scottwax.com/smilies.htm

Bottom left side of the page.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    infact, I think the better way to argue this is to present to him that you use something that lasts longer and then make him prove you wrong, which would be proving him wrong, which would end up in him eating his foot.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.5starshine.com/qna.html

reminds me of this fabulous product
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

infact, I think the better way to argue this is to present to him that you use something that lasts longer and then make him prove you wrong, which would be proving him wrong, which would end up in him eating his foot.

Great argument:up

The thread in question seems to have died now. I believe the author of these statements has had time to cool off from my vicious, hate filled, name calling attack!:argue

Personally I still believe he truly believes in this product, which is fine, but that he is also highly misinformed and/or mislead.

I believe it was brought up also that if he has only been applying this product for a few years then how does he know it lasts 10 years?

Well my best to the guy and his efforts.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    16 years great!!! Now I can clean off that shelf of useless cleaners, polishes, waxes, etc.. Now we just need a 16 year gauranteed wash.......:bounce . I did find something ahile back that would probably do both as well. It was an inflatable one car garage bubble, put your car in, inflate and seal. Now ya`ll would be out of a job and a hobby:shocked

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be great....but the better part would be if you could drive the car while in the bubble garage........it`s the "Bubble car"!

lol

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by saling4

16 years great!!!.........Now ya`ll would be out of a job and a hobby:shocked

Brian

Nah, who keeps a car 16 years anymore.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony, arguing with guys that have the "dealer mentality" is a complete and utter waste of your time. They are right and must be incredible detailers otherwise they wouldn`t have been kept around at the dealership for so long. Also, he probably gets many kudos from the Used Car Manager for getting all those "details" done in a couple of hours rather than having to send the cars out to a real detailer. I had a discussion at length with the guy at my GM dealer and he swore up and down that shampooing interiors with a shop vac only was a far better way of doing things than using a hot water extractor. Even after I showed him how much soap he was leaving behind in the fabric his repsonse was "no one can see that anyway".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information