Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think one thing the guy fails to understand is that most people will just find another detailer rather than go back and complain. If you had someone screw up your paint would you go back and ask him to fix it? He is assuming that because no one comes back, he has a 100% satisfaction rate, hooey.

Here is the actual link to the company.

http://www.pro-techseal.ca/

Post Thanks / Like
    Look on the bright side.

Over time, stupidity tends to be self correcting.

Post Thanks / Like
    so he is applying another layer of clearcoat?
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this product come with it`s own quiji board?

Post Thanks / Like
    found a link to said product. looks top notch

http://www.pro-techseal.ca/blairj/web-020.htm
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Paint Sealant

Protects by sealing and strengthening your new vehicle`s paint finish. It eliminates the need for monthly waxing to maintain a surface lustre.

This professionally-applied formulation adds a resilient, transparent, high-gloss finish to the modern two-coat paint systems (clear coat / color coat), making it resistant to extreme weather conditions, the sun`s ultraviolet fading and surface oxidation due to acid rain and industrial fallout.

With normal hand washing and the use of the Pro-Tech Seal maintenance products to remove baked on road dirt and wash detergent build-up, your car will maintain its original sealed new paint lustre.

Yup gotta use the maintance products. Sounds like a typical dealer sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    At least the local detail chain/car wash here only says their sealant lasts "up to 3 months"

Post Thanks / Like
    that guy is pretty ignorant...... i love that last comment on that forum you posted

"i use a 10 yr sealant on my old car. i also got 200 mpg. it was awesome"

hahaha...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys....

It seems this guy has toned down a bit now that others have also questioned him....well not so much him but the product.

His claim is that after years "it still beads water". This has more to do with surface tension more so than wax or a sealant being present. Clay a car, remove all wax and water will bead.

By the way, he sent me a PM, after writing his reply in which he told me not to call him a liar, and in the PM he entitled it...."Stop being a #*ick!"

Mr. Clean....

Good points you raise and I respect your opinion. My use of "weekend warrior" was meant to identify the person that doesn`t care to spend more than 45 minutes washing and waxing their cars. I should of used a different name as I usually identify "weekend warriors" as people who love to detail their cars. My bad.

"Feeling the paint" is not so much a phrase that describes the actual event of feeling the paint, as anyone detailing by hand is literally feeling the paint but rather I use it to describe the difference between waxing, with say a PC, and waxing by hand. Most enthusiasts prefer waxing by hand because for them it`s a labor of love. Most pro`s would love a product that you spray on the car and then you`re done while a great many enthusiasts would cringe at that and go back to their applicators and tub of wax

Thanks,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    You were not wrong, Anthony. It is important to make people back up claims like that, especially since we all know there is no sealant that lasts that long. Besides, if it won`t protect against scratches, etc, what is the point? You are going to have to polish the paint to correct the defects and end up removing the product anyway.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    haha, i also love the fact he is a "detailer" (factory certified swirl technician) at a dealership.
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed on the website, the sealant needs to be reapplied yearly. So much for 10 years protection with one application.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I glad he keeps making money on a 10 year sealant...sooo many come back in that time frame.

Anyways 10 year lifespan when he has only been applying it for 7 years???? and guessing why not 3 more...sounds very scientific to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I noticed on the website, the sealant needs to be reapplied yearly. So much for 10 years protection with one application.

I was thinking if you applied 2 coats you might get 20 years out of it
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

and it comes with a lifetime guarantee that if the paint fades you get a free $5,000 factory quality paint job at the auto body shop of your choice.

There`s the switch right there. He takes "paint won`t fade during this time" in the guarantee and replaces it with "product lasts this whole time" in the marketing pitch. I could keep my car in a garage at home and work, never do anything but wash and polish/glaze it, and I would be willing to guarantee it won`t fade in 10 years.

And how would you prove fade? Tape off a panel of the car, and peel the tape off 10 years later? Unless it faded horrifically, it would be hard to prove this since the whole car will fade pretty uniformly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information