Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The other day I had a Montaro Sport SUV with a trailer hitch that was looking rather rusty. I had some rustoleum paint so I decided to do something about it. After sanding it down well enough I applied a couple of coats of the paint and it looked like new. The owner was pleasantly suprised when he picked it up. Sometimes it doesn`t take a great effort to go an extra step to impress someone. Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by turbomangt

The other day I had a Montaro Sport SUV with a trailer hitch that was looking rather rusty. I had some rustoleum paint so I decided to do something about it. After sanding it down well enough I applied a couple of coats of the paint and it looked like new. The owner was pleasantly suprised when he picked it up. Sometimes it doesn`t take a great effort to go an extra step to impress someone. Gary

You`re absolutely right. I do this on a regular basis...even on a lower end service. :xyxthumbs
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, I do a lot of "freebies!" Especially with clay. Most customers don`t want to hear my rant about the benefits of claying. Since it only adds around 10-15 mins to a wash job, I can`t see not doing... and the benefits far exceed the "lost" money... repeat customers...
    2005 Cummins 4x4 6sp

2002 4.7 WJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow your customer, especially if you know they like to keep their car well maintained, by dressing both sides of the tires

( Don`t we all? ) I do this for the man with the SL and he gets a huge charge out of it :up
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a no brainer we do things like all the time. We make it a habit of going out of our way to make sure that the customer is always 110% satisfied. Example today we had a customer who spilled deviled eggs all over the back of their vehicle. The charge was for interior cleaning only but I put the ozone machine in their at no charge to make sure the smell was gone. These kind of things blow the customers mind, they saved $79.95 for the use of the machine and they will never forget that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by turbomangt

The other day I had a Montaro Sport SUV with a trailer hitch that was looking rather rusty. I had some rustoleum paint so I decided to do something about it. After sanding it down well enough I applied a couple of coats of the paint and it looked like new. The owner was pleasantly suprised when he picked it up.

Spray paint>?
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent things said so far.

Other things I do when doing vehicles...

- Clean and dress seatbelts, then unravel and put back into correct placement all the way around. I will also make the presentation of the middle belt look exceptional as well.

-Clean the flip down mirrors/sunvisors

-Deep clean the pedals

-Vacuum and wipe down the inside weather stripping of the windows

It`s the little things that sometimes go the farthest. Glad to see this topic came up

Post Thanks / Like
    Def. the little things customers notice.

Originally posted by GSRstilez

Excellent things said so far.

Other things I do when doing vehicles...

- Clean and dress seatbelts, then unravel and put back into correct placement all the way around. I will also make the presentation of the middle belt look exceptional as well.

-Clean the flip down mirrors/sunvisors

-Deep clean the pedals

-Vacuum and wipe down the inside weather stripping of the windows

It`s the little things that sometimes go the farthest. Glad to see this topic came up
    2005 Cummins 4x4 6sp

2002 4.7 WJ

Post Thanks / Like
    All great ideas! Under promise and over deliver.

I often find loose trim pieces, especially the ones in the seat brackets. Usually only takes a couple of seconds to snap them back into place.

Even on simple wash/vac jobs, I deep vacuum the interior, including vents and underneath the mats. Stuff like that is noticable to the customer.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea always clean or take care of the little things you wouldnt think of doing..thats what the customer will look for first or find later down the road and say "wow" about.
    Brian M

Rich`s Mobile Auto Detailing, 2Slot Media

03 Hummer H2

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SouthernZ71

...claying. Since it only adds around 10-15 mins to a wash job, I can`t see not doing... and the benefits far exceed the "lost" money... repeat customers...

Are you claying the entire car in 15 minutes??? It usually takes me at least an hour. I`ve only clayed maybe 15 cars though.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by White95Max

Are you claying the entire car in 15 minutes??? It usually takes me at least an hour. I`ve only clayed maybe 15 cars though.

Depending on the condition, yes. If a vehicle is in good condition I, generally, only clay the horizontal surfaces. Also, I clay while washing which helps...
    2005 Cummins 4x4 6sp

2002 4.7 WJ

Post Thanks / Like
    My foam gun hose attachment saves me time while washing and claying: after the wash, I foam the surface of the car down and clay, I can spend more time claying without fiddling with a spray bottle or wash mitt. When I`m done with the entire car, just flip the switch on the foam gun and rinse it all off.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bill D

My foam gun hose attachment saves me time while washing and claying: after the wash, I foam the surface of the car down and clay, I can spend more time claying without fiddling with a spray bottle or wash mitt. When I`m done with the entire car, just flip the switch on the foam gun and rinse it all off.

Must be nice to have those capabilities...
    2005 Cummins 4x4 6sp

2002 4.7 WJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh. I`ve always washed, dried, and then clayed one section at a time, then dry off that panel again before moving to the next section.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information