Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, I finally got through with the searching stage, but it appears that there isnt much info on cleaning and protecting the roof of an rv... maybe because this is a Car web site? lol

Next weekend im going to work on some cars for a customer. At that time i`ll also look at her 33` RV and decide if I want to work on that as well. As I understand, they can be a lot of work.

She said that she wants it washed and the roof to be cleaned and protected. I dont think she said anything about waxing the rv though. Protect All makes a rubber roof cleaner and protector.

http://www.protectall.com/rrc_lg.htm $30 for enough of each to do the whole RV`s roof and I would need a sponge mop of some sort.

I have a small pressure/power washer if that would be needed and I might buy a brush :shocked if I need too. I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how long it might take to do this work to the roof. I could assume that it is relatively bad. I have never done anything like this so I have absolutely no idea how much work it really is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    don`t use a pressure washer on the roof, why to many oppertunity to get a like by breaking a claulk seal. I use a "car" brush on mine. you`ll be amazed at what comes off even if it looks pretty clean. be perpared to do a good cleaning to the sides after all that washes down. to give you an idea of how much/how long of work it is, compare it to mopping a floor of the same size with all the obticles to dodge (a/c, vents, antennas), plus cleaning the sides. try to keep the sides wet untill you wash them and that helps with the black streaks not becoming stains.
    2000 voltz

2003 black gmc 2500 HD

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

So its basically moping the roof? Maybe with light scrubbing? I was thinking that it could require a lot of scrubbing. Ive never looked at the roof of an rv closely before.

I know what I might charge, but does any one know of what a going rate for this could be? I dont think there are many if any rv places in my area.

Post Thanks / Like
    as far as what to charge....theres not enough money in my book. I do mine because I take care of what I own. I love doing cars and trucks, but rvs....pack a lunch.

as far as mopping, I meant that more as a time frame. you will have some scrubing envolved, or ALOT if it`s in alful shape, ussally the rubber roof cleaners do alot of the work though. you can pick up a car brush head at alot of wal marts ect, and use a push broom handle and you won`t have to bend over to much. it`s really not that bad if you use a good cleaner, that made for rubber roofs, it just that their so big:sosad

good luck.
    2000 voltz

2003 black gmc 2500 HD

Thread Information